PDA

View Full Version : Flu Shot, Anyone?

Steve 'StatMan'
12-16-2004, 05:03 PM
Anyone still want or need a Flu Shot? Looks like they might just be available after all. Lots of people didn't go get theirs after all:

http://www.comcast.net/News/HEALTHWELLNESS//XML/1500_Health__medical/d09d0684-4483-485e-8b5d-ba36f4d565dc.html

PaceAdvantage
12-16-2004, 05:07 PM
I wish I had gotten one.....I'm being hammered right now by the Flu.....LOL

cj
12-16-2004, 05:10 PM
The only time I ever get flu symptoms is when the military makes me get a flu shot. Thank goodness that wasn't required of me this year! :D

BillW
12-16-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by cj
The only time I ever get flu symptoms is when the military makes me get a flu shot. Thank goodness that wasn't required of me this year! :D

Same here (at least back in the 60's - last time I got a flu shot). Present day flu shots shouldn't give you the flu (they are not made of active virus) but I'm not sure about the last ones I got. Maybe the person administering it had a contagious case :eek: .

Bill

headhawg
12-16-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by cj

That reminds me of a line from the M*A*S*H episode where everybody gets a bad case and Hawkeye is left to handle all of the patients. Hot Lips finally gets around to giving him a flu shot so that he doesn't get sick like the rest of the camp.

Hawk: "Margaret. You know that flu shot you gave me."
Hot Lips: "Yes."
Hawk: "Well it worked. I think I've got it."

JustRalph
12-16-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by cj

reminds me of the first really free weekend I got in tech school. We were ready to tear up San Antonio........when they gave us a smallpox Vacination at 4p.m. on Friday. Half of us had smallpox symptoms by 7p and stayed in the barracks the whole weekend. Funny how we started feeling better just in time for duty Monday morning.................

Tom
12-16-2004, 10:10 PM
I've been getting the flu shots for 5 years and havenot had the flu since I started. Crossing my fingers this year...

Tee
12-17-2004, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by Tom
I've been getting the flu shots for 5 years and havenot had the flu since I started. Crossing my fingers this year...

Two years of flu shots for me & two years w/o the flu. Too bad I can't get a shot for all the other crap that is flying around. :D

joeprunes
12-17-2004, 02:17 PM
From what I understand there are many different types of flu`s but the flu shot only protects you from the top 6 and you might be getting one of the others. Just what I heard from some doctor

retcu29
12-17-2004, 08:00 PM
A month ago, people in this area of NY could not get available shots. Many consolidated to take a bus from Vermont, travel to Canada for available shots at $50 bucks a pop and cost of the bus trip. Now, there's so much around that it will become ineffective.