PDA

View Full Version : You Bet promotion?

andicap
12-15-2004, 04:59 PM
I'm going crazy trying to recall where I saw this today.

You Bet has a promotion -- 4 free months if you sign up now. It's not on their website. Anyone have a clue about this?

:confused:

BillW
12-15-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by andicap
I'm going crazy trying to recall where I saw this today.

You Bet has a promotion -- 4 free months if you sign up now. It's not on their website. Anyone have a clue about this?

Andy,

I'm not familiar with You-Bet. What do they normally charge for?

Bill

gillenr
12-15-2004, 05:10 PM
Don't know what they charge, but I got the offer from DRF.

Tom
12-15-2004, 06:53 PM
It is an offer though DRF. I got an email offering it today. Looks like you have to be a new member. So basically, YouBet's Christmas wish to existing, loyal customers is Screw You?

plainolebill
12-15-2004, 07:44 PM
What's the deal? I've been using Youbet for several years and never had to pay a cent.

Steve 'StatMan'
12-15-2004, 08:03 PM
I haven't had to pay for several years either. The minimum betting requirements aren't very steep, thankfully.

From YouBet's Website:

Earn FREE Wagering Credits! Wager $350 or more in a billing month and receive (1) free month's subscription with Unlimited A/V! Wager $2,500 or more in 12 months, and you'll receive (1) free year's subscription with Unlimited A/V!

PaceAdvantage
12-15-2004, 09:48 PM
They've always charged for video, but if you bet enough per month, they don't charge you.....however, you could be a $2 bettor and easily fulfill their requirements.

Now, they have started some premium services, such as watching two tracks at once, and REPLAYS, along with TurfDay stats......maybe this is the stuff they are promoting free for 4 months?

andicap
12-15-2004, 10:49 PM
This is a DRF promotion. I found it in my email.

Dear DRF Customer,

Youbet.com is celebrating the holidays by offering DRF customers four months of free, unlimited service, when you wager $25 over the first three months of your membership. That's right, you'll be able to enjoy unlimited, live audio and video on over 120 top tracks! Additionally, you'll be able to take advantage of the holiday offers were giving our own members, a 10% Winner's Bonus and a Holiday Handicapping Contest.

Simply sign up if you're not already a Youbet member, select "DRF Holiday Offer" in the "How did you hear about us" option*. You'll then be eligible to receive four free months of service plus, enjoy a 10% Winner's Bonus on all your net winnings when you wager on Tampa Bay Downs and Hawthorne Race Course.

------
Tom, this kind of promotion is typical in every line of marketing. There's nothing unusual here. Buy a coat at Macy's and a week later it goes on sale. Sign up for DirecTv and two weeks later they take 50% off.
Nothing out of line here at all IMHO.

Pace Cap'n
12-15-2004, 11:27 PM
Those of you who live in states that are permitted to register with a service such as YouBet don't know how lucky you are.

I would gladly pay a monthly fee if only I could sign up.

Tom
12-16-2004, 12:10 AM
"Tom, this kind of promotion is typical in every line of marketing. There's nothing unusual here. Buy a coat at Macy's and a week later it goes on sale. Sign up for DirecTv and two weeks later they take 50% off.
Nothing out of line here at all IMHO."

Andy, to be fair, I resent this from everyone that does it. As a loyal customer, I just have this insane idea that I should get some thanks.
:mad:

Steve 'StatMan'
12-16-2004, 12:28 AM
10% winner's bonus on HAW & TAM in December is pretty nice, if you bet either one of them.

If you are paying the fee regularly, that can be frustrating, but if you aren't betting the $350 a month with them, I can understand if they want to charge fees for video usage.

I'll easily bet my $350 each month, sometimes in just one day. I'll gladly take the free service.

Heck, I hope the promo goes great and they get a lot of customers. I want them to stick around! It took a few years before they ever turned a profit for one Quarter, and I'm not sure if any of the internet wagering services that are publicly traded, have made much of a profit yet.

takeout
12-16-2004, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Tom
I resent this from everyone that does it.
I resent that type of “marketing” too. Bigtime! A lot of companies are pulling that stuff now when it’s time to renew. They give their new customers a deal that they won’t give to the ones that have been with them for years. I guess it works because most people are too busy or too lazy to go elsewhere. Hell, why don’t they just smack me in the face when they take my money the first time? Why wait?

andicap
12-16-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by takeout
I resent that type of “marketing” too. Bigtime! A lot of companies are pulling that stuff now when it’s time to renew. They give their new customers a deal that they won’t give to the ones that have been with them for years. I guess it works because most people are too busy or too lazy to go elsewhere. Hell, why don’t they just smack me in the face when they take my money the first time? Why wait?

Actually I agree with both of you too!!

I signed up for Cablevision's "Triple Play", video, phone, Internet for $99 a month. Good deal I thought. Two weeks later they offered the same deal to everyone at $89 a month. Man, was I pissed!!

Example 2, I ditched Echostar for Cablevision because of the great deal I got (despite the diss.) Six months later and Echostar signs HRTV and I'm missing TVG and BBC America and thinking I want to return to Dish. I've still got the receiver boxes.

I call Dish. Now they want a $25 "activation" fee. What's the incentive in paying that. They should be glad I'm returning to them as a customer. I also wanted to get the deal where they are giving you a DVR service for $5 a month to new customers with no extra cost for the higher grade box.
They didn't have THAT offer when I joined and when I asked for it upon possibly re-joining they said, sorry only new customers.

So I miss out on the promotion the first time and the second time.

Yes, EchoStar really wants me as a customer all right.

Basically they're saying "F-U" to me for leaving -- don't slam the door on your way out and you can beg us if you want to return.

Companies really do take existing customers for granted.

When I run a business some day I'm going to reward my loyal existing customers as much as new ones.

takeout
12-16-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by andicap
Basically they're saying "F-U" to me for leaving -- don't slam the door on your way out and you can beg us if you want to return.

Companies really do take existing customers for granted.

So true!

I went through a couple of similar experiences and finally just said the hell with all of it. And it’s not just the TV racket, it’s everywhere. It seems that the vast majority of businesses that I have to deal with just in everyday life have all adopted sleazy practices and BS marketing come-ons. Is it really that much easier to screw the customer out of a buck than to earn it? Must be, or at least that must be their thinking. Geez, why don’t these companies just poke their customers with a sharp stick while they’re at it?

Blackgold
12-16-2004, 07:42 PM
Out of the 4 online places I can punt, I like YouBet the best.

Let's face it, if you are betting online, then the best software is the best avenue. When you add wagering, video, express cash, etc.- all together, they have the top shelf product. And yeah, they charge for some stuff- like DEPOSITS using express cash. And I gladly pay them for those Turfday stat visits.

Also have BrisBet and FG Net Bet and some off shore outfit used mainly for bowl games and march madness.

Maybe Stron-of-a-b***h will buy YouBet and we'll get the best of everything- good software and Magna tracks.

GR1@HTR
12-16-2004, 08:26 PM
My Take:

Youbet: Bet application from a wagering standpoint

Brisbet: Most incredible wager reporting tools on the market. The greatest on the market. Free and quick deposits and withdrawls.

Pinnacle: Best rebate program there is. Jus they are a little late on scratches which screws up some of your wagering.

Zman179
12-16-2004, 09:30 PM
I have both Brisbet and Youbet.

IMO, Youbet's customer service leaves little to be desired. And even though they offer the most video feeds from the most tracks of any online wagering provider, the quality and clarity of the feeds are nowhere near the quality that one gets with Windows Media Player. And what's with all these fees?!?

Last thing that got my blood boiled was that Brisbet only wants at least a $2 wager in order to receive free past performances (wagering on the track that you had downloaded). For the exact same service, Youbet wants you to wager $60,000 per month.

My YB subscription is in the toilet. And I've been with them since almost the beginning. Brisbet gets my business now.

Tom
12-16-2004, 09:55 PM
YouBet has the most potential of anything on line and yet the worst product. They have chosen a ridiculous sytem of presenting video that yields the poorest quality of anyone at the higest price. With no adjustments. Youbet goes through unbelievable updates and other rigamoral, while at Bris, you click a button and presto! Hight quality video. YouBet has a lot of people working there that have no clue, no customer focus, and no ability. One would think YouBet was owned by New York State!:rolleyes:
When it comes to betting/watching races, I keep them around like a beater car for winter - good in a pinch, and has some tracks not available elsewhere, but I do not consider them a real asset nor would I keep them around as a primary source.

takeout
12-17-2004, 01:55 AM
What happened to them? They were the first (right?) and now, from what I just read, it sounds like they’re the worst.

And why do you have to be a DRF customer? What’s up with that? Why would YouBet want to limit their business to only DRF customers? Does DRF own a piece of them now or something?

PaceAdvantage
12-17-2004, 03:39 AM
DRF customer? You don't need to be a DRF customer.

takeout
12-17-2004, 05:58 AM
I rechecked andicap’s previous posts and it’s a DRF promotion. (I was thinking that YouBet had sent the email.) I guess you just had to be a DRF customer to get the email. I wonder why they did it that way?

WINMANWIN
12-17-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Tom
YouBet has the most potential of anything on line and yet the worst product. They have chosen a ridiculous sytem of presenting video that yields the poorest quality of anyone at the higest price. With no adjustments. Youbet goes through unbelievable updates and other rigamoral, while at Bris, you click a button and presto! Hight quality video. YouBet has a lot of people working there that have no clue, no customer focus, and no ability. One would think YouBet was owned by New York State!:rolleyes:
When it comes to betting/watching races, I keep them around like a beater car for winter - good in a pinch, and has some tracks not available elsewhere, but I do not consider them a real asset nor would I keep them around as a primary source.

How very true. Tom, nice explanation. I agree. I'm glad I could only lose a grand a week also with Bris, thats the most they let you withdraw from the BANK, sometimes I do it in 1 day........:o

BillW
12-17-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by WINMANWIN
I'm glad I could only lose a grand a week also with Bris, thats the most they let you withdraw from the BANK, sometimes I do it in 1 day........:o

Hey Win,

Have you checked out www.betwithbill.com :D :D :D

WINMANWIN
12-17-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by BillW
Hey Win,

Have you checked out www.betwithbill.com :D :D :D

Yes Bill it does get ugly at times. Today's Hollywood card was the worst I have seen :mad: I must develop more composure, quit
when I'm ahead. Today at AQUE I caught a HORSE NAMED
FOR LOVE & MONEY with the favorite that paid very well :D & the Exacta, I doubt the N.Y. bookies woulda paid me, as fast as Bris
or N.Y.C. OTB'S.......;)