PDA

View Full Version : Where Kerry could've spent his extra cash..

sq764
12-15-2004, 10:19 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6714782/

Maybe Kerry should have spent his remaining $15 million on training Ohio poll workers.. Sounds like they cost him votes..

ElKabong
12-15-2004, 07:17 PM
Amazing he's thinking of running again in '08, but he is. Corsi is thinking of running vs Kerry for his Senate seat. Good luck wid all that, but Kerry is the new Al Gore of the Dem party, nationally. He's completely insignificant......Mighty fun to poke fun at, too. :D

Tom
12-16-2004, 12:12 AM
When he runs again in '08, he will have 5 purple hearts!:eek:

JustRalph
12-16-2004, 05:00 AM
That article is a little misleading. The "Harrisburg" she talks about in the first paragraph is called a "suburb" they should have said "small town out in the country" I am surprised it took 15 minutes. That must be a record for Harrisburg.

The problem I have is the bitching about voting machines that we are hearing here. The machine alottment is based on voter turnout in previous elections. What other method is supposed to be used? I have a client who was a big Kerry supporter and she gave it to me good about the voting machines in a discussion we had. She literally wants the state to have a six machine min. limit at every precint in the state. This would mean almost tripling the amount of machines in the state.

There were some precints where less than 200 hundred people voted in the last 4 elections and they had two machines. In this election a couple of these precints got over 3000 votes with two machines. It reminds me of the old saying..........

you reap what you sow..............

Equineer
12-16-2004, 05:55 AM
JustRalph,

In all fairness, Bush also voiced concerns about the voting machines when he voted at the Crawford firehouse where the election machines were set up in the "break room" lounge.

As I understand it, he first protested depositing a poll tax and then complained that his dispensed sandwich was soggy, before finally emerging to give CNN an upbeat live interview.

Tom
12-16-2004, 10:06 AM
The US military has not only ridgid specifications for baked cookies in the mess hall, they actaually have a color chart to decide if a cookie is too dark or too light to be eaten. Governement requirements can be literally thousands of pages long and require a lawyer to interpret.
But when it come to voting mahines,what the heck, why have a standard?
:mad: