PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox are getting serious...

sq764
12-14-2004, 05:03 PM
I just heard the Sox are mulling over a deal that would send Manny Ramirez to the Mets for Cliff Floyd and some minor leaguers.. I heard Manny wants to stay with Pedro....

Sounds to me like they may be trying to dump a salary to get some big name players.... (Beltre?? Big Unit??)

kingfin66
12-14-2004, 09:39 PM
It sounds like Schilling won't be ready for opening day next season. Losing Pedro is one thing, but losing both Pedro and Schilling? Not a good way to start a season. You can bet Theo is working on something.

What ever happened to Derek Lowe? He's a free agent that I haven't heard anything about? Did he already sign with someone?

sq764
12-14-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by kingfin66
It sounds like Schilling won't be ready for opening day next season. Losing Pedro is one thing, but losing both Pedro and Schilling? Not a good way to start a season. You can bet Theo is working on something.

What ever happened to Derek Lowe? He's a free agent that I haven't heard anything about? Did he already sign with someone?

It only matters how you end the season.. Schilling will be just fine by October...

Bubbles
12-14-2004, 11:10 PM
The rumor about Ramirez to NY is supposedly just that at this point, a rumor. Although Minaya appears to be serious about building a contender, so I wouldn't put it out of the question.

ElKabong
12-14-2004, 11:42 PM
Manny Ramirez?? You mean Manny Ortiz , right :)

http://thesportsrag.com/

Kerry Can Stop Pretending to Like Red Sox Now

Boston, MA – Spokespeople for the campaign of Massachusetts Senator and former presidential hopeful John F. Kerry (left) report that now that the election has ended, Kerry can finally stop pretending he likes the Boston Red Sox.

"He is so relieved," said Kerry campaign manager, Mary Beth Cahill, from Kerry's multi-million-dollar Beacon Hill townhouse as she packed up several of her boss’s Red Sox souvenir game jackets, hats, and bumper stickers, placing them into large cardboard boxes formerly marked "Campaign Props," which had been crossed out and now read "For Goodwill."

"Calling Manny Ramirez ‘Manny Ortiz’ just showed how little he actually knew or cared about his supposed hometown team," Cahill continued. "He didn’t even know the Sox had even won the World Series until someone told him to turn to FOX to watch the on-field celebration. But he was watching ‘Veronica Mars,’ so he didn’t even see any highlights until the next morning, and even then he remarked, 'Hey, I didn't know the Boston Braves still played here.'"

Cahill then looked around to make sure no one was listening.

"And between you and me, he always called Manny and Ortiz ‘Those two no-good, stinkin’ Dominican bastards."

In a related note, Massachussetts Senator Edward M. Kennedy issued a statement saying, in part, that, "Now that the Red Stockings have, er, ah, reversed the Curse of Gambinos and the won the Davis Cup, I, er, ah, sincerely hope that Sammy Sooser and his Chicago White Sox can follow suit and reverse their own curse, the curse of that llama that, er, ah, wanted a drink at the tavern but wasn’t allowed in because he was a llama and didn't have a wallet or proper ID."

cj
12-15-2004, 03:49 AM
Who cares elk? The election is over, its a sports thread!

dav4463
12-15-2004, 06:13 AM
I thought it was funny.

cj
12-15-2004, 06:58 AM
In retrospect, its funny, I was just sick of the Kerry / Bush bashing. It was getting a little old, or a lot old. That's all, I'll shut up now...

sq764
12-15-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by cj
In retrospect, its funny, I was just sick of the Kerry / Bush bashing. It was getting a little old, or a lot old. That's all, I'll shut up now...

It's good though, it's yet one more reason to hate Kerry.. Not that we need more..

kingfin66
12-15-2004, 04:39 PM
It's not real guys. The Sports Rag is the sports equivalent of the Onion.

cj
12-15-2004, 04:48 PM
I think we knew it wasn't real...at least I did! :D

sq764
12-15-2004, 07:11 PM
It's not real guys. The Sports Rag is the sports equivalent of the Onion.

But it still just makes more sense to believe it about Kerry :-)

kingfin66
12-15-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by sq764
But it still just makes more sense to believe it about Kerry :-)

I figured you did, but comments like this always make me wonder.

"It's good though, it's yet one more reason to hate Kerry.. Not that we need more.."

sq764
12-15-2004, 11:09 PM
I figured you did, but comments like this always make me wonder.

"It's good though, it's yet one more reason to hate Kerry.. Not that we need more.."

Make you wonder what

dav4463
12-16-2004, 02:36 AM
Damn ! I thought it was real ! Now I have to get back to reading my National Enquirer !