PDA

View Full Version : BRIS Downloads?

Maxspa
12-13-2004, 01:53 PM
All,
A while back a handicapper could download the All-Ways file into the PP Generator and this file was compatible with the following BRIS software programs: Cap sheet, Plus V and Common Grounds. I know there has been changes in BRIS policy regarding this compatability. Does anyone know what those changes are? When I contact BRIS, my mail is returned and spam is given as a reason!
Thanks in advance for any responses!
Maxspa

John
12-13-2004, 03:58 PM
MAX, call the 800 number and ask for LES,He is the guy that makes all the changes and a nice guy to talk to.

John

Maxspa
12-13-2004, 07:40 PM
John,
Thank you for the info! JimG had mentioned that he uses Capsheet and Plus V in addition to All-Ways. I wanted to see what positives those programs had, that would enhance the All-Ways program approach. However, at BRIS download prices one could not afford triple download costs and still make a profit. Unless of course you are a $100 bettor which I'm not!
Maxspa

JimG
12-13-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Maxspa
John,
Thank you for the info! JimG had mentioned that he uses Capsheet and Plus V in addition to All-Ways. I wanted to see what positives those programs had, that would enhance the All-Ways program approach. However, at BRIS download prices one could not afford triple download costs and still make a profit. Unless of course you are a $100 bettor which I'm not!
Maxspa

That was used(d), back when either the PlusV or AllWays file could be used in conjuntion with Capsheet (my main program in the mid and late 90's)

To my knowledge, AllWays and PlusV could never use the same file but Capsheet WAS compatible with either file before Jim Cody came out with CapSheet 4. Fortunately, I still have Capsheet 3.2 when I get hankering to use the software but it does not print well with XP. Capsheet 4 uses its own file. Hope this clarifies.

Jim