PDA

View Full Version : Another feather in his cap

karlskorner
12-11-2004, 03:48 PM
The 12/04/04 edition of Thoroughbred Times list the 25 leading stud farms in North America. On top, Adena Springs ( hardly heard of ) owned by who ? Why Frank Stronach. Amongst other accomplishments listed for Mr. Stronach, 3 consective years as winner of the Eclipse Award as N.A. leading owner, Eclipse award as outstanding breeder., 8 time recipient of the Sovereign Award as Canada's leading owner and 3 time winner as leading breeder.
He owns some of the best tracks in the country, he wins some of the best races in the country and he owns the best stud farm in the country. For those who continue to "knock" the man, think about this, is he good for racing ?

cj
12-11-2004, 04:02 PM
Hardly heard of? Are you serious?

The guy runs a great breeding and racing operation, which has zero to do with running a racetrack or anything I've ever been critical of the man for in the past.

ElKabong
12-11-2004, 04:34 PM
This seems like a RACING topic, not a HANDICAPPING topic.

A little embarrassing when Frank's supposed top meet is cut off at the knees in mid March (30-40 days before meet's end) when the better horsemen leave for Keeneland. Geepee becomes Calder-lite in late March.

Right now he's good for racing as an owner/ breeder. Overall as a track owner, I'd have to say no.

CryingForTheHorses
12-11-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by cj
Hardly heard of? Are you serious?

The guy runs a great breeding and racing operation, which has zero to do with running a racetrack or anything I've ever been critical of the man for in the past.

This is the Frank I know..This is why I defend him,Lots of people cut him down as he was building his racing empire,Lots of trainers blew jobs because they bucked the system,His tracks will get better,He is a smart man! Just give him a chance.