PDA

View Full Version : our brave men and women-braver than need be

formula_2002
12-09-2004, 08:18 AM
I'm as close to being infuriated as ever. Not only does Rumsfeld tell these people that they must cope with the shortages, but the administration backs him up.

Next time Rumsfeld speaks of "these brave men and women" he should indicate that they are braver then need be.

This administration has made a complete mess of this "adventure" and the majority of the people have reaffirmed the mess.

Hopefully we will all outlive this folly, but unfortunately many will not.

PS.
This is not a right or left issue, its an AMERICAN issue.

sq764
12-09-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by formula_2002
I'm as close to being infuriated as ever. Not only does Rumsfeld tell these people that they must cope with the shortages, but the administration backs him up.

Next time Rumsfeld speaks of "these brave men and women" he should indicate that they are braver then need be.

This administration has made a complete mess of this "adventure" and the majority of the people have reaffirmed the mess.

Hopefully we will all outlive this folly, but unfortunately many will not.

PS.
This is not a right or left issue, its an AMERICAN issue.

It's a misguided issue. You have zero clue as to what you are talking about.. Stick to statistics.

formula_2002
12-09-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by sq764
It's a misguided issue. You have zero clue as to what you are talking about.. Stick to statistics.

What crap.

sq764
12-09-2004, 10:50 AM
What crap.

I give you credit that you have re-analyzed your initial post.

kenwoodallpromos
12-09-2004, 02:29 PM
Agreed.
Did you write or email your Govt official, 2002? I am not the one who can get the job done.
www.whitehouse.gov.

formula_2002
12-09-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by kenwoodallpromos
Agreed.
Did you write or email your Govt official, 2002? I am not the one who can get the job done.
www.whitehouse.gov.

Actually, I wrote to my Senators and congressman before we went into Iraq. I also wrote to them after they voted for the president to call the war shot. In my opion that they were not doing their duty.

Only congress can declare WAR.. They passed the buck and most of them got re-elected...

Hey. look how many guys on this board think all is well. A sea change has got to happen to change their minds. And I hope we can get lucky and get out of this mess without that sea change!!

Joe M

sq764
12-09-2004, 03:01 PM
Actually, I wrote to my Senators and congressman before we went into Iraq. I also wrote to them after they voted for the president to call the war shot. In my opion that they were not doing their duty.

Only congress can declare WAR.. They passed the buck and most of them got re-elected...

Hey. look how many guys on this board think all is well. A sea change has got to happen to change their minds. And I hope we can get lucky and get out of this mess without that sea change!!

Joe M

I don't think a lot of people on the board think all is well.. I think you have to weigh the good with the bad. All was not well with Clinton in office, it was actually a disaster in the making when he was in office, but people are making money in the market, so all was well.

What you fail to understand is that we are now paying for the lack of direction and lack of action from the Clinton administration.. I know it's easier to blame Bush and the Repubs, it's easier than looking to the real issue.

formula_2002
12-09-2004, 03:14 PM
I know it's easier to blame Bush and the Repubs, it's easier than looking to the real issue.

MY SENATORS AND CONGRESSMAN ARE DEMOCRATS .

Please get the point. This is not a them or us issue. It's a WE issue.

Get the draft going. Get the people and equipment we need to put a stop the killing of eveyone..

Tom
12-09-2004, 07:06 PM
I'm thinking like form on this one. Did Rummsfeld leaave that briefing and get into the armored car he wanted or the one that was available? Hmmmm?????
Look, 50 years ago, our navy was decimated at Pearl Harbor, but we bounced back, build 60,000 war planes a year and in a couple yers time, we were rolling.
Now, we cannot put armor on 4,000 hummers in three years??? Get real. If Bush gave arming our troops 10% of the attention he gave his campaign, we would be planning elections in Iran right now. Fact is, the current manufacturer could increas production by 20% and is still waiting for the government to turn them on. Disgusting! We should be building 24x7. Why are there not a dozen plants building armored vehicles and personal body armor? Have we outsourced everyone who knows how to do this work?
My personal opinion of Rumsfeld is that he is worthless lying bastard and I have held that opinion since befroe we entered Iraq. He is personally responible for countless needles deaths through his ignorance, vanity, and incompetence. I have no doubt he will burn in Hell. Good.

sq764
12-09-2004, 09:01 PM
MY SENATORS AND CONGRESSMAN ARE DEMOCRATS .

Please get the point. This is not a them or us issue. It's a WE issue.

Get the draft going. Get the people and equipment we need to put a stop the killing of eveyone..

Get people the equipment?? You did notice that the death rate in Iraq vs wounded is the lowest in any war... like 10% vs 25% in Vietnam... That's due partly to increased medic teams, but mainly due to body armor...

Read up on reality why don't ya..

formula_2002
12-09-2004, 09:30 PM
Get people the equipment?? You did notice that the death rate in Iraq vs wounded is the lowest in any war... like 10% vs 25% in Vietnam... That's due partly to increased medic teams, but mainly due to body armor...

Try adding in the civilian deaths, the families from both sides that have been decimated. Try thinking of the families that have yet to be forever changed by this horror.

Try dealing with the wounded who come back here for years of pain and grief.

Sham on you for your indifferent posturing.

Did you hear Bush's response when asked to comment on the the soldiers question to Rumsfeld. "I would have asked the same question if I was there".

Ducking and skirting. No sense in the man.

We have got to get this guy to take hold of the bit.

sq764
12-09-2004, 09:32 PM
Try adding in the civilian deaths, the families from both sides that have been decimated. Try thinking of the families that have yet to be forever changed by this horror.

Try dealing with the wounded who come back here for years of pain and grief.

Sham on you for your indifferent posturing.

Did you hear Bush's response when asked to comment on the the soldiers question to Rumsfeld. "I would have asked the same question if I was there".

Ducking and skirting. No sense in the man.

We have got to get this guy to take hold of the bit.

Shame on me for my indifference? Shame on you for not supporting our troops, our country and the cause.. You're just the people that make it that much tougher to accomplish goals..

And what the hell do Iraqi citizen deaths have to do with Rumsfeld and combat shortages? You're really reaching now, quit while you're ahead.

formula_2002
12-09-2004, 09:42 PM
Shame on you for not supporting our troops, our country and the cause.. You're just the people that make it that much tougher to accomplish goals..

Oh I support our troops. I just wish there were more of them. I think the draft would help for many reasons.

But lets make sure you are not included in it. You need watching..

sq764
12-09-2004, 09:45 PM
Oh I support our troops. I just wish there were more of them. I think the draft would help for many reasons.

But lets make sure you are not included in it. You need watching..

Yeah, I don't belong in your moronic idea of a draft, I actually have an open mind and love America.. That mindset wouldn't fit..

Your lack of patriotism makes me want to vomit.

PaceAdvantage
12-10-2004, 03:17 PM

EXACTLY! I just read this article a day or two ago, and now have a hard time reconciling all this stuff I'm now reading about how our troops are going out there unprotected.

How do you reconcile the two? "Lowest Death Rate because of ARMOR" vs. "They don't have enough protection out there!"

Tom
12-10-2004, 11:53 PM
I heard a disturbing stat tonight-almost 50% of the fatalities in vehicles occurred in those that were not properly armored?
My tak on this is that we have goo, reliable prtection in some placces and crap in others, a long wating time for improvements, lots of unused capacity in the manufacturing area, and logistic problems that were no problem 50 years ago but are today somehow insurmountable.
Coupled with the increasing number of 40-50 year olds being send back into action, I think there are serious events that need top priority investiagtion...like today, ahead of all else. The old saying might be rewritten-"Old soldiers never die, they just get re-delpoyed."