PDA

View Full Version : Another Stronach Blunder

cj
12-08-2004, 12:05 PM
http://racing.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=25713

I'm sure this is somehow another ingenius Stronach plan that mere mortals can't figure out! Please enlighten me Frankie lovers. :confused:

CryingForTheHorses
12-08-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by cj
http://racing.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=25713

I'm sure this is somehow another ingenius Stronach plan that mere mortals can't figure out! Please enlighten me Frankie lovers. :confused:

CJ YOU are "unbelevable",I dont think you like yourself??
Would you rather him build a unsafe track?, What is wrong with you? Weather and where the track is built isnt his fault,I myself think you have a problem,Dont you ever look for the good?,Are you a guy that is hoping someone does bad?,Just because Frank has rules? Doesnt your business have rules?, You just wait CJ,Im sure you will bet Belmont if MEC happened to win the bid, I applaud him for trying to make his track safe,

cj
12-08-2004, 04:17 PM
Piss poor planning prevents proper performance...its the story of Frank as far as horse racing goes.

Dancer's Image
12-08-2004, 05:42 PM
CJ,
Here's the article you linked....now please delineate specifically in the article where Frank Stronack has blundered?

Re-Opening of Laurel Delayed Again
by Tom Keyser
Date Posted: 12/8/2004 10:18:34 AM
Last Updated: 12/8/2004 10:18:34 AM
Racing won't return to Laurel Park until after the new year as workers rebuilding the racing surfaces have encountered weather delays and continue to address foundation problems.

Jim Gagliano, executive vice president of racing operations for the Maryland Jockey Club, said Dec. 7 that the dirt track could open for training Dec. 20, and then, after at least two weeks of horses training on it, Laurel could reopen for racing in January. However, he said, dates won't be finalized until a final inspection of the racing surface next week.

The most recent tentative date for reopening had been Dec. 26. The project was originally to have been completed in September; both the dirt and turf courses were to have been finished. Now, the turf course won't be sodded until the spring.

Recent rains have hampered progress, and workers continue to shore up problem areas in the track's base, Gagliano said. Laurel's track sits atop a flood plain, and soggy ground has complicated the installation of a secure foundation.

Lou Raffetto Jr., chief operating officer of the MJC, said racing would continue at Pimlico until Laurel reopens. Pimlico will race through Dec. 20, cease five days for Christmas, and then resume racing Dec. 26.

Copyright © 2004 The Blood-Horse, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ps to McSchell: I think you are much too kind in your assessment of CJ; I would give my opinion but I am prohibited from such by the user agreement. You must admit this though, McSchell, that if you are correct in your assessment of CJ, ie. that he doesn't like himself, that he displays good taste!

Blackgold
12-08-2004, 06:27 PM
I think it may that he finds it more profitable NOT to open the track, if it's losing money. . . and may be a hostage way to again push for slots, which let's face it- without slots MD racing will become the bottom of the bottom.

Personally, being a marketing person by trade, I totally dislike Strona-of-a-b***h because it is useless blunders to limit the signal like he started doing last year.

If he wants people to use XpressBet, then build a better mousetrap.

Otherwise he is managing transactions, not relationships and it's only relationships with the players that will get the money in the long run.

the little guy
12-08-2004, 07:01 PM
Stronach's handling of the Laurel situation ( why the main track had to be enlarged to accomodate 14 horses when they are lucky to get 8 I'll never know ) is, just as CJ pointed out, par for the course. Poor planning leading to muddled results, at best.

As for Stronach wanting to keep Laurel closed, well...that's simply not true. In fact, it is the opposite of the truth. Unfortunately I am way too close to the Maryland situation so I am not going to discuss it here. Regardless, Stronach's entire Laurel " plan ", if you can even call it that, was confused at best. After seeing what's going on at Laurel, any sane and reasonable person has to be even more leary about Gulfstream.

karlskorner
12-08-2004, 08:27 PM
I think the article explains the problem fairly well.

There are two (2) things even a Billionaires money can't buy, the will of God and the weather.

takeout
12-08-2004, 09:03 PM
Haven’t they always been able to run 14 horse fields? I haven’t been there in well over a decade (and don’t plan on ever going back) but they were accommodating them then.

How about leveling both tracks, selling the land and losing DeFrancis. How’s that for the beginning of a business plan? Just a thought.

the little guy
12-08-2004, 11:05 PM
Losing DeFrancis isn't easy, as his deal gives him slot revenues ( 7% I believe ) for perpituity. That may be one of the big problems.

Steve 'StatMan'
12-09-2004, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by the little guy
Losing DeFrancis isn't easy, as his deal gives him slot revenues ( 7% I believe ) for perpituity. That may be one of the big problems.

Maybe if the paid him in Quarters!

takeout
12-09-2004, 01:56 AM

That sounds like a HUGE problem!

cj
12-09-2004, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by Dancer's Image
CJ,
Here's the article you linked....now please delineate specifically in the article where Frank Stronack has blundered?

Are you serious? Point out the blunder! How about this?

The most recent tentative date for reopening had been Dec. 26. The project was originally to have been completed in September; both the dirt and turf courses were to have been finished. Now, the turf course won't be sodded until the spring.

September to January, at best! 4 months behind schedule, I call that a blunder.

As for the personal stuff, whatever, you guys need to grow up.

Brian Flewwelling
12-09-2004, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by cj
As for the personal stuff, whatever, you guys need to grow up.

And you are denying that your attacks on Stronach are not based on PERSONAL venom?

Brian

cj
12-09-2004, 06:52 AM
They are not personal, I don't know the man. I'm attacking what he has done with his racetracks, not him as a person. Not sure where you get that at all, please explain.

Brian Flewwelling
12-09-2004, 08:23 AM
I refer to the attacks on Magna's every move, while CD is ignored.

These two organizations are controlling a large part of the Racing Scene, and what they do is annoying to some, if not all, of us (fans and handicappers).

My biggest complaint is with CD who cut me off from viewing their races on the internet. I bet that FG is gone too, but haven't checked.

Magna responded, several years later, by limiting their signal, but at least they make it available,,, but for a price. Without access to TVG I cannot see CD Races at any price.

Complaints about construction efforts (and delays) are limited to Magna, since CD doesn't seem to have made any investments beyond their home track.

Before you can screwup, first you must do something!

So by my comment about your criticism being personal, I mean you have Magna exclusively on your mind, giving CD a free run. Both can, and should, be criticized ... the emphasis on BOTH!

Brian

cj
12-09-2004, 08:39 AM
I don't have TVG, and can see the CD track's races from BRIS, no problems.

I'm no fan of CD, but they haven't really done anything that has affected me.

Brian Flewwelling
12-09-2004, 09:52 AM
BRIS is not available in Canada, but this is getting off the topic.

the little guy
12-09-2004, 11:47 AM
Why do people always assume it's personal or somebody has an axe to grind when they knock any number of the emminently knockable racing figures? Knocking Magna, and thus Frank Stronach, is very easy without it being at all personal. Does nobody remember that last year they worked out a secretive rebate deal with ONE Express-Bet customer ( who of course represented a syndicate ) at the exclusion of ALL other customers. This was after forcing people to join Express-Bet in order to bet and watch there signal, at least in many cases. While I respect Magna's right to attempt to get as much handle for their own product as possible, to work out secretive rebate deals with one customer, while doing this, is not just sneaky, it's illegal. Frankly, I think their parimutual license could easily have been revoked or suspended.

dave999dave
12-09-2004, 12:41 PM
Magna repeatedly makes grand promises and then fails to deliver on them. Here's a link that touches more on that issue.

It's Aron Wellman's Presentation to the California Horse Racing Board:

CHRB Presentation (http://www.boycottmagna.com/AronWellman.pdf) (PDF file)

cj
12-09-2004, 12:43 PM
I agree that CD hasn't done much, but they haven't promised much either. Magna makes these grand plans, yet their success rate is less than that of a poor hitting pitcher. That is why they take so much grief.

Pace Cap'n
12-09-2004, 06:07 PM
Does nobody remember that last year they worked out a secretive rebate deal with ONE Express-Bet customer ( who of course represented a syndicate ) at the exclusion of ALL other customers.

And here is another incident of hanky-panky with the wagering accounts--this time at a dog track:

www.oregonlive.com/news/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/news/1102597221288830.xml

CryingForTheHorses
12-09-2004, 06:29 PM
Why do people always assume it's personal or somebody has an axe to grind when they knock any number of the emminently knockable racing figures? Knocking Magna, and thus Frank Stronach, is very easy without it being at all personal. Does nobody remember that last year they worked out a secretive rebate deal with ONE Express-Bet customer ( who of course represented a syndicate ) at the exclusion of ALL other customers. This was after forcing people to join Express-Bet in order to bet and watch there signal, at least in many cases. While I respect Magna's right to attempt to get as much handle for their own product as possible, to work out secretive rebate deals with one customer, while doing this, is not just sneaky, it's illegal. Frankly, I think their parimutual license could easily have been revoked or suspended.

Now this is funny!!
What do you want everything for nothing,"FORCED",Havent heard of anybody being threatened if they didnt join express bet, Im sure if anything "illegal" was done Im sure it would have been revealed,I myself think you are also very unhappy to see Gulfstream get a revamping, Dont worry, You will also be there to watch the races,Dont forget to bet your money. Frank will be waiting!

the little guy
12-09-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by McSchell_Racing
Now this is funny!!
What do you want everything for nothing,"FORCED",Havent heard of anybody being threatened if they didnt join express bet, Im sure if anything "illegal" was done Im sure it would have been revealed,I myself think you are also very unhappy to see Gulfstream get a revamping, Dont worry, You will also be there to watch the races,Dont forget to bet your money. Frank will be waiting! As usual you missed the point, and then claimed I said something ( or many things ) I didn't.

First of all, when I said forced, it was used as in the expression " forced my hand " in the sense that if you were an internet player you had to join Express-Bet to play Magna tracks. I did not, as I play through NYRA-One, and NYRA and Magna had a mutual agreement. I also said that I respected their right to do what they did, as they own the signal, and put on the show.

As for their illegal rebate agreement, it was just that, ILLEGAL. My guess is that you know absolutely nothing about that situation, and are, as usual, spouting off while not knowing the facts. Rebates are ILLEGAL in California ( and many states ) and since that is where the rebating was being done, yes it was illegal. When the California Wagering Board found out about it they put a stop to it immediately. Whether or not you or I think rebates should be illegal is irrelevant. Though, whatever anyone believes, a secretive deal with one person at the exclusion of others is not only illegal, but against the very thing that Pari-mutual wagering stands for.

As for your preposterous and outrageous claim that I am against Gulfstream's revamping...you once again have absolutely zero idea of what you are talking about. Let's start with them putting in a new turf course. That is GREAT. Not only was the previous course terrible and often unusable, but now they will have a wider and stronger course, so they will be able to run more turf races, which is what I bet on the most. I am ecstatic about that. Also, the new dirt course sounds GREAT. I love mile races around one turn. Also, the previous course was considered unsafe by many horsemen and I applaud Magna for addressing that situation. Now, if and when the new track is built, I will be thrilled. Who wouldn't love a new and updated track? I am just hoping against hope that Magna doesn't stick to their track record of not completing jobs they start on time, or in some cases at all, and this track is built. I believe it will happen, and absolutely can't wait for it, but excuse me for being cautious.

Try reading people's posts and answering their comments, or not at all, because your responses are consistantly out of line.

RXB
12-09-2004, 09:22 PM
Magna has screwed up some things, no doubt, but at least they're trying to make some positive changes-- and they have succeeded in at least two areas (the new GP surfaces and the Palm Meadows training track). And I'm guessing that the Laurel rebuild, despite its problems, will be well-received when it is finally finished.

CryingForTheHorses
12-11-2004, 08:34 PM
As usual you missed the point, and then claimed I said something ( or many things ) I didn't.

First of all, when I said forced, it was used as in the expression " forced my hand " in the sense that if you were an internet player you had to join Express-Bet to play Magna tracks. I did not, as I play through NYRA-One, and NYRA and Magna had a mutual agreement. I also said that I respected their right to do what they did, as they own the signal, and put on the show.

As for their illegal rebate agreement, it was just that, ILLEGAL. My guess is that you know absolutely nothing about that situation, and are, as usual, spouting off while not knowing the facts. Rebates are ILLEGAL in California ( and many states ) and since that is where the rebating was being done, yes it was illegal. When the California Wagering Board found out about it they put a stop to it immediately. Whether or not you or I think rebates should be illegal is irrelevant. Though, whatever anyone believes, a secretive deal with one person at the exclusion of others is not only illegal, but against the very thing that Pari-mutual wagering stands for.

As for your preposterous and outrageous claim that I am against Gulfstream's revamping...you once again have absolutely zero idea of what you are talking about. Let's start with them putting in a new turf course. That is GREAT. Not only was the previous course terrible and often unusable, but now they will have a wider and stronger course, so they will be able to run more turf races, which is what I bet on the most. I am ecstatic about that. Also, the new dirt course sounds GREAT. I love mile races around one turn. Also, the previous course was considered unsafe by many horsemen and I applaud Magna for addressing that situation. Now, if and when the new track is built, I will be thrilled. Who wouldn't love a new and updated track? I am just hoping against hope that Magna doesn't stick to their track record of not completing jobs they start on time, or in some cases at all, and this track is built. I believe it will happen, and absolutely can't wait for it, but excuse me for being cautious.

Try reading people's posts and answering their comments, or not at all, because your responses are consistantly out of line.

I do read the post and I do answer "INLINE',I hardly think he crime you mention is really worth the slander you are trying to give to MEC, You my friend are one of the worst type of people!!..You seem to be a hipacrite in bashing the man then in the same breath you are hoping he finishes the job..Dont worry..You will be there betting with both hands

the little guy
12-11-2004, 09:39 PM
I do read the post and I do answer "INLINE',I hardly think he crime you mention is really worth the slander you are trying to give to MEC, You my friend are one of the worst type of people!!..You seem to be a hipacrite in bashing the man then in the same breath you are hoping he finishes the job..Dont worry..You will be there betting with both hands It isn't slander if it's true. Why don't you look up the FACTS of the situation before making your frivolous and embarrassing claims. Magna illegally gave a rebate through Express-Bet. This is a fact, it isn't slander, why don't you get a dictionary ( God knows you could use one ) and look up the word before using it.

As for my being a " hipacrite ", well, since you can't spell it I see no reason you should know what it means. There is nothing hypocritical about criticizing some things Magna does while applauding others. It is called fairness and evenhandedness, other things you clearly don't know the meaning of, or practice yourself.

While I don't wish to argue with you about whether or not I am the worst type of " people " I can assure you of one thing, I am not your friend.

howardjim
12-12-2004, 12:21 AM
Mr. Stronach runs a slipshod organization.

I have sent repeated , unanswered, e-mails to Xpressbet asking which of my checking a/c's would afford quicker deposit access. Five days, no response...I have a registered a/c, simply trying to fund same.

Ride whatever hobby horse you desire, this man and his minions are fools.

CryingForTheHorses
12-12-2004, 03:38 PM
It isn't slander if it's true. Why don't you look up the FACTS of the situation before making your frivolous and embarrassing claims. Magna illegally gave a rebate through Express-Bet. This is a fact, it isn't slander, why don't you get a dictionary ( God knows you could use one ) and look up the word before using it.

As for my being a " hipacrite ", well, since you can't spell it I see no reason you should know what it means. There is nothing hypocritical about criticizing some things Magna does while applauding others. It is called fairness and evenhandedness, other things you clearly don't know the meaning of, or practice yourself.

While I don't wish to argue with you about whether or not I am the worst type of " people " I can assure you of one thing, I am not your friend.

Aww Littleguy,You just dont get it!, I may not know everything (like you) but at least I try to see some good in everything everyone does, I havent insulted you, Just giving my views,You seem to have some sort of "chip' on your shoulder.I see you also like to belittle me, That doesnt hurt my feelings,It just make me want to shake you up even more.!

the little guy
12-12-2004, 04:48 PM
Aww Littleguy,You just dont get it!, I may not know everything (like you) but at least I try to see some good in everything everyone does, I havent insulted you, Just giving my views,You seem to have some sort of "chip' on your shoulder.I see you also like to belittle me, That doesnt hurt my feelings,It just make me want to shake you up even more.! You haven't insulted me? Now that's funny. You have barely made a post to me where you DIDN'T personally insult me. Here's a guote from earlier...

" You my friend are one of the worst type of people!!.."

I guess that's not an insult.

As for your trying " to see some good in everything everyone does..." You must be kidding. You constantly bicker with people here and insult them, yet I guess quietly you're seeing something good in what they do. Your behavior belies your claims.

I am curious, however, as to why there is a picture of your wife in a bikini on your website.

CryingForTheHorses
12-12-2004, 07:39 PM
She is wearing our silks,That bikini was also her wedding dress as we were married on the beach!,I do hope you arent going to insult her! I am a shoot straight from the hip guy, As a trainer you would like me very much, Too bad you cant accept my views on how I see them!