PDA

View Full Version : QBs

sq764
12-05-2004, 06:40 PM
Well, it's week 12 and I was thinking who I would want in week 13 as my QB if I could choose...

Culpepper
Mcnabb
Vick

Is there really any question?

dav4463
12-05-2004, 07:31 PM
Brady ?

Zaf
12-05-2004, 07:58 PM
McNabb

ZAFONIC

sq764
12-05-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by zafonic
McNabb

ZAFONIC

Yeah, 32/43 464 yds, 5 tds, 0 ints.. and 11-1 record.. Not too shabby..

Zaf
12-05-2004, 08:09 PM
McNabb was unreal today. Some might argue for Peyton Manning also. He's having quite a year.

ZAFONIC

toetoe
12-05-2004, 09:09 PM
my boy jeff garcia ... maybe .. ?

Secretariat
12-05-2004, 11:37 PM
I'll take Manning....Peyton, NOT Eli

cj
12-06-2004, 01:32 AM
Manning is the best this year, McNabb a close second.

I mean, this guy has turned Brandon Stokely and Reggie Wayne into stars.

sq764
12-06-2004, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by cj
Manning is the best this year, McNabb a close second.

I mean, this guy has turned Brandon Stokely and Reggie Wayne into stars.

Statistically, Manning may be having the greatest season of all time this year.. He's like a freaking video game every week..

Valuist
12-06-2004, 09:33 AM
It will be the greatest season of all time. McNabb may have passed (I'm not sure of this) Culpepper in QB rating but 2 of the 3 int's hit the WRs right in the hands. Only the Urlacher pick was Daunte's fault.

Comeback player of the year: Drew Breese. Having a sensational year but has gone under the radar of Manning, Culpepper and McNabb.

sq764
12-06-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Valuist
It will be the greatest season of all time. McNabb may have passed (I'm not sure of this) Culpepper in QB rating but 2 of the 3 int's hit the WRs right in the hands. Only the Urlacher pick was Daunte's fault.

Comeback player of the year: Drew Breese. Having a sensational year but has gone under the radar of Manning, Culpepper and McNabb.

I just heard McNabb set an NFL record for most consecutive completions with 24.. Not in one game though, 10 from the end of the Giants game and 14 to start the last game.. I think he may have this pocket passer thing down..

Secretariat
12-06-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by sq764
I just heard McNabb set an NFL record for most consecutive completions with 24.. Not in one game though, 10 from the end of the Giants game and 14 to start the last game.. I think he may have this pocket passer thing down..

I wonder if Rush has changed his mind about McNabb.

Valuist
12-06-2004, 02:05 PM
Here's my predictions for the Pro Bowl:

AFC: Manning will start, Breese will be 1st back up
NFC: McNabb will start, Culpepper will be 1st back up

OTM Al
12-06-2004, 02:33 PM
Beeing a Purdue alum I cheer for Drew Breese to do well. Don't know why SD drafted him and then promptly tried to bury him. His stats at Purdue would have been even bigger than they were if his receivers could have held on to several of his passes. The guy has a real cannon for an arm and good accuracy. Hopefully he can get out of SD after this year and get to a place where hes the #1 on his merits

cj
12-06-2004, 03:07 PM
The QBs leading the pack right now have been the two biggest underachievers in the playoffs, especially Manning.

This is the chance for them to join the elite. It will be interesting to see if either does it, especially with McNabb having a virtual walkover to the Super Bowl.

Valuist
12-06-2004, 03:11 PM
Maybe its the contract year; maybe he just really gets it now. I think there's a chance SD will re-sign him and trade Philip Rivers.

Al-

What happened to Orton? They were talking about him as a Heisman candidate then they lost to Wisky and you didn't hear about him anymore.

OTM Al
12-06-2004, 03:47 PM
The whole Purdue season went in the toilet with the late fumble for TD that gave Wisconsin the win. They couldn't hold the lead against Michigan the next week and the following week, while blowing yet another lead to Northwestern, Orton sustained a hip injury. He was out all of the Iowa game the following week, another heartbreaking loss. Those four losses were by a total of 10 points and the shame was they held the lead late in 3 of them. Orton came in late against Ohio State to rerally the team to a win and then played the final game of the year against Indiana where he blitzed them for 6 TD passes. I honestly believe the whole season turned on that fumble against Wisconsin. The team just slumped after that and the slump killed his Heisman hopes. Still managed to finish 7-4, but who knows what could have been. He is still an awfully good QB much in the same mode as Brees and some team will probably be able to draft him much lower than had he still been a candidate to the end. Purdue has had a way of turning out pretty good QBs over the years, from Bob Griese and Len Dawson to Mark Hermann (who knows what may have happened with him had Denver and the Colts not swapped QBs that year as he and John Elway were the top 2 that year. Elway got to play for the Broncos and Hermann got to sit on the bench for an atrocious team) to Brees and now Orton.

toetoe
12-09-2004, 04:27 PM
sec., limbaugh never said mcnabb was bad. he just said he was advertised as the second coming. mcnabb is so good that limbo should find another example, but his point was valid. just a weird coincidence that mcnabb played badly for 2 or 3 games right after the brouhaha. typical white overgrown child on network sports radio, can't recall name, lambasted limbaugh & moved right on to news story-- the arrangements for the new bengals coach. yes, boysngirls, A BLACK COACH THAT THE PRESS WANT TO SEE DOING WELL.

Binder
12-09-2004, 04:48 PM
As much as it pains this Jets fan to say
Tom Brady would be my top choice
McNabb is great too, But three loses at home in the NFC title game make me a little nervous

Go J.E.T.S jets Jets JETS

Binder
12-09-2004, 04:50 PM
Sorry
The first was in St Louis
Then Tampa and the Panthers were at home