PDA

View Full Version : Some days you're lucky, some days you aren't!

cj
12-05-2004, 03:39 PM
Yesterday, I convinced myself the Delta Jackpot was a straight 6-8. I had no doubts as they turned for home I was cashing this $37 exacta many times. As I was counting my money, I couldn't believe the 8 just wouldn't go past the 9. Much to my dismay, he was nosed out on the line...ouch.

Fast forward to today, I look at Hollywood's first, and decide the 3-4 exacta is a lock and is paying $17 for $1. I bet it nearly as heavy as the Jackpot exacta yesterday. Now, this is my fault of course, but imagine my dismay when the race goes off, AND THEY ARE ON THE DIRT! I did check Bris, which listed Fast/Firm, and being SoCal, I didn't think to check anywhere else.

Anyway, today, as I'm tearing up my tickets, a funny thing happens, it comes in 3-4.

As they say, sometime you get the bear, sometimes the bear gets you, but in this case, I was one lucky hunter!

Tee
12-05-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by cj
Yesterday, I convinced myself the Delta Jackpot was a straight 6-8. I had no doubts as they turned for home I was cashing this $37 exacta many times. As I was counting my money, I couldn't believe the 8 just wouldn't go past the 9. Much to my dismay, he was nosed out on the line...ouch.

Uh - I had the nine & I willed him to finish 2nd!!!:D :D

Sorry bout that:cool:

joeprunes
12-06-2004, 10:26 AM
Years ago when otb first opened alot of the guys who had daily doubles going would trade for numbers they didnt have for the double, Example if I had 2,3,4,5 going Id want to sell 50cent action for another horse so I`ll always have a chance to save the pot.
This one particular day most of us had this $35 horse going for doubles, and the second race had a large field. Most of the guys had 3 or 4 pieces going I had only one. a real long shot. When I tried to do some business they told me what are you crazy that horse has no chance . Well he really didnt but he came in third, buttttttttttt there was a double disqulification and he was place first for a $1200 DD, now thats luck and had some really pissed off guys looking at me and I said hey I gave you your chance,ha,ha,ha....jp