PDA

View Full Version : Jets Fans

cj
12-05-2004, 03:11 PM
Ugly game today, luckily for Jets fans the refs seem more than happy to aid the cause.

I'm starting to think Pennington is a lot closer to the next Richard Todd than the next Joe Namath.

ceejay
12-05-2004, 06:18 PM
I wasn't able to see the game here.

I know the Jets haven't had the toughest schedule so far, but it's hard to compain about 9-3.

sq764
12-05-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by cj
Ugly game today, luckily for Jets fans the refs seem more than happy to aid the cause.

I'm starting to think Pennington is a lot closer to the next Richard Todd than the next Joe Namath.

I didn't see the game either, but it makes me wonder how the refs made a difference in a game that ended 29-7..

(And give me 20/27 for 155, 2td, 1int in a 29-7 win anyday... Much better than, oh let's say, 20-33 for 279 and 3 ints in a horrible loss to a horrible team)

dav4463
12-05-2004, 07:33 PM
I'm a basketball ref. We got blamed for a loss the other night by a bunch of fans. Team lost 70-41, trailed 22-2 in the 1st quarter !
Somehow, it was our fault !

Zaf
12-05-2004, 07:56 PM
9 - 3 :D I know the schedule is a bit easy this year, but we are getting the job done. A few tougher games coming up, so we will see.

ZAFONIC

cj
12-06-2004, 01:30 AM
The game was very close for a while, and the refs made some very questionable calls that sprang the game open, like picking up a blocking in the back call on the punt that Moss returned to the 4. It was a block in the back, and when do you ever see them pick up a flag like that?

The Jets are a good team, I'm just very disappointed in Pennington this year. They are not winning because of anything Pennington is doing. 20 completions for 155 should tell you something. Kind of reminds me Trent Dilfer when the Ravens won the Super Bowl, just don't screw it up. They really need to learn to get the ball downfield or it will be one very short trip to the playoffs in my opinion.

All that said, I'd take him over Kyle Stinking Boller any day!

Binder
12-07-2004, 02:53 AM
This team is very young
Herm Edwards has completely
rebuilt them into a well disciplined
fast smart team
They are winning the games they are supposed to
except
they blew it against the Ravens
6 times they have shut teams out in the 2nd half!

As far as the easy schedule
I go by the saying its not who you play
but when you play them

Chad Wins! He is not a stats QB but the team wins
when he is in there He just has no arm so you have to
foget about the deep ball
He will have to move the chains for the Jets to Win

They are not as good as the Pats Steelers or Colts
They have beat the Chargers and get a shot at
the Steelers this week and the Pats again at home

J.E.T.S jets Jets JETS!

bettheoverlay
12-07-2004, 03:01 PM
Chad was coming back early froma rotater cuff injury in his right shoulder. Thought he played pretty good. I believe he has an excellent career QB rating and still in the 90s this year. W-L record also good with him starting.

This is no Super Bowl team. Chad could use a top WR, but the defense looks solid.