PDA

View Full Version : Good deed for Christmas

Dick Schmidt
12-05-2004, 02:49 AM
Please consider the following:

The NUMBER ONE request at Walter Reed hospital is phone cards. The government doesn't pay long distance phone charges and these wounded service men and women are rationing their calls home. Many will be there throughout the holidays with limited contact with their family and friends.

To really support our wounded troops this Christmas and Holiday season, please send phone cards of any amount to:

Medical Family Assistance Center

Walter Reed Medical Center

6900 Georgia Avenue, NW

Washington, DC 20307-5001

They say they need an "endless" supply of these -- any amount even $5 is greatly appreciated. Walmart has good prices on AT&T cards, Sam's Club is even better (I'm told), with some cards less than three cents per minute there. Costco has an MCI card where you can add any amount at any time using a credit card. I bought one that I will keep "live" throughout the holidays. At $30 for 1,000 minutes, you can spread a lot of joy and not really feel the pinch.

Please pass this on and let's give our heroic troops a small gift of thanks.

Thank you all, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays,

Dick

so.cal.fan
12-05-2004, 10:46 AM
Thanks, Dick,
I can sure do this and will.

Tom
12-05-2004, 11:45 AM
Wow, what a great idea. Never would have thought of something so simple to make such a huge difference to someone on Christams morning - talking to your family.
Thanks, Dick.

Rpd
12-05-2004, 01:18 PM
I agree!!

What a super idea.

JustRalph
12-05-2004, 03:55 PM
On the Motorcycle board I frequent they are doing this too. Pretty good deal if you ask me.........

cj
12-05-2004, 03:57 PM
I still mail these monthly to guys from my old unit at Tinker AFB in OK as they are still deploying all the time. Its a great gesture and much appreciated when it comes from civilians especially!