PDA

View Full Version : AQU SAT

SAL
12-04-2004, 10:47 AM
Picks for Aqueduct Saturday:

R1 #2 Gold Gunner-Levine/Luzzi win at an very high rate with newly acquired runners at AQU (6 for last 8 in sprints), including a 9 length winner for this very owner yesterday. Seriously doubt we’ll see 8/1 on this one. DD key.

R2 #7 Rises the Phoenix-Almost the same situation as the first race. Gets a major barn upgrade from a 9% trainer into the good Servis barn. Servis/Elliot winning at a 47% clip. I like this one to turn the tables today. Cold DD?

R3 #2 Source-Here’s Zealous, the entrymate he beat last time, returned to romp twice for Dutrow. New rider is making the most of his starts here. This runner has won for 50k in KY and NY in the past, so the class hike is not unreasonable.

R4 #7 Storming-Yet another well meant FTS from the hot Pletcher barn. Luzzi has ridden FTS winners for Pletcher in the past. I like the breeding for FTS also.

R5 Pass-Can’t find anything to like after the two ML favs.

R6 #3 Wild Card Deck-He showed he could run well without the lead last time, and I’m looking for him to come off the pace again today. Horse that beat him last time returned to win a cheap stakes at MED. ML fav will be overbet.

R7 #9 Cititzenship-Got involved in a suicide pace battle in restricted stakes last time. Pace situation looks much better today, price should be good.

R8 #8 Kissin Saint-Ran well last time when he had to close on a fast late pace. Rounding into form nicely, and he should have ample pace to close on here.

R9 #3 Scooty-My longshot play. Gets added distance today on a dry surface against alw runners. Should be moving late at a large price.