PDA

View Full Version : Average daily winnings

bettheoverlay
12-04-2004, 09:16 AM
ROI is a good stat, but I have always been more interested in how much money, won or lost, I average per day that I play, over the course of, say, six months.

Anyone keep track of this?

cj
12-04-2004, 09:22 AM
Of course, anyone should keep track of this, but I don't do it per day, I do it per month. I don't want to get hung up on a bad day or a bad week.

An + ROI is a necessity to win of course, but once you have that, you have to maximize the amount you pump through the windows to generate the most profit.

osophy_junkie
12-05-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by bettheoverlay
ROI is a good stat, but I have always been more interested in how much money, won or lost, I average per day that I play, over the course of, say, six months.

Anyone keep track of this?

ROI is a measurement of how much money you've lost or won over a period of time compared to the amount you initially put in. It is a normalized version of a daily average. I find it offers more information and is more stable than raw numbers. Depending on the money management technique used your average won/lose per day numbers will change as your bankroll diminishes or increases.

I don't keep these calculated number stored in my database. I keep all of my betting history as raw numbers describing the bet. From these I'm able to calculate any necessary information, ROI and average daily return being two examples.

Ed