PDA

View Full Version : Roger Stein's nov20 show

ElKabong
12-02-2004, 01:47 AM
Remember So Cal Fan mentioning this show, which wasn't originally put up on Roger's archives page? It's up now. Roger mentioned last week that it'd be up.....and now it is.

Heavy duty props to so cal fan, here! She knows her stuff on this. She didn't hear Dr Artur's interview but was on target, looks like some *serious* steps are being taken out there with the recent changes.

JustRalph
12-02-2004, 02:34 AM
It is also downloadable

right click and choose "save target as"

that way if it goes away again...........it won't really go away

he goes after Todd Schrupp again too..........

ElKabong
12-02-2004, 02:38 AM
....I forgot to link the archives page.

http://www.rogerstein.com/radio/archive.asp

Dancer's Image
12-02-2004, 09:34 AM
ElKabong,
The link doesn't work for me; perhaps you could just post the gist of the interview with Dr Artur? thanks

PaceAdvantage
12-02-2004, 10:03 AM
How about just typing:

www.rogerstein.com

into your browser, then click on RADIO SHOWS.

JustRalph
12-02-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Dancer's Image
ElKabong,
The link doesn't work for me; perhaps you could just post the gist of the interview with Dr Artur? thanks

Now that is funny!

Dancer's Image
12-02-2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by JustRalph
Now that is funny!

You have a weird sense of humor!

ps. no PA, I can get to the RS website, I just can't download the 11/20 show to listen to it!

so.cal.fan
12-02-2004, 01:07 PM
I finally got to listen to the show.
Makes me feel better about betting horses in So. Cal.
This is good news!
Kudos to Roger Stein for putting the tape back up.

Valuist
12-02-2004, 01:41 PM
Forgive me for sounding naive, but how/why did this conflict start between Stein and TVG? I'm listening to the 11/20 archive and he's ripping on Shrupp for not mentioning at the start of his P4 that he played an additional ticket. He claims Shrupp owes the public an apology? What for? Anyone foolish enough to listen to a public tout's picks deserves no apology.

so.cal.fan
12-02-2004, 01:49 PM
I don't listen to the show very often, don't know what Roger's problem is with Todd S.....don't care.
The real important message was from the interview with Dr. Rick Arthur.

JustRalph
12-02-2004, 01:57 PM
You have a weird sense of humor!

I bet PA gets it..........

cj
12-02-2004, 04:50 PM
Mr. Stein seems to have it in for Jerry Brown as well, which I tend to like.

Dancer's Image
12-02-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by JustRalph
I bet PA gets it..........

Oh, I get it too, you fascist pig. El Kabong posts that there is information available at a website, and I post this...

ElKabong,
------------------------------------------------------------------------

...and you find that funny? I can just see you driving your pigcycle down the highway and seeing a motorist with a flat tire, you stop your buddy PA to laugh at the motorist's misfortune. You are a disgrace, a poor excuse for a human being!

JustRalph
12-02-2004, 07:59 PM
Oh, I get it too, you fascist pig. El Kabong posts that there is information available at a website, and I post this...

ElKabong,
------------------------------------------------------------------------
...and you find that funny? I can just see you driving your pigcycle down the highway and seeing a motorist with a flat tire, you stop your buddy PA to laugh at the motorist's misfortune. You are a disgrace, a poor excuse for a human being!

Dancer, come out of your shell. Tell me how you really feel.
In the last week you participated in a lengthy discussion where the content of this show was debated. The debate centered on whether or not one could be held liable for repeating the info from the show. There were several different opinions on whether or not this would be a problem. Then once the show becomes available you ask for someone to post the contents of the show, including the controversial discussion with Dr. Artur..........and you find no humor in that? And the fact that I point out the irony makes me a fascist? a disgrace? a poor excuse for a human being? What gives? You think maybe you are being a little touchy?

Dancer's Image
12-02-2004, 08:35 PM
Then once the show becomes available you ask for someone to post the contents of the show, including the controversial discussion with Dr. Artur..........and you find no humor in that?

No.

Dancer's Image
12-02-2004, 08:50 PM
I went back to the afore-mentioned thread about Mitchell and Mullins leaving So Cal and counted my posts, (7) and I have 4 posts in this thread, all requesting the same thing, ie. the content of the Roger Stein show interview with Dr. Arthur. Now you say it is available today, but I assure you it is not available to me. Perhaps you could explain how that is funny? Or do you really find flat tires funny too?

Steve 'StatMan'
12-02-2004, 09:24 PM
Hmm. Wonder if you're browser still shows the old page. Have you tried doing a 'Refresh'? (In Internet Explorer, 'View' then 'Refresh'). Maybe that'll do the trick.

so.cal.fan
12-02-2004, 10:27 PM
You can pull up the archived Nov. 20th show at
www.rogerstein.com
Scroll down to the archived radio shows....click on it and you will come up with a list of dates. the 20th is now up and running in it's entirety.

ranchwest
12-02-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Valuist
Forgive me for sounding naive, but how/why did this conflict start between Stein and TVG? I'm listening to the 11/20 archive and he's ripping on Shrupp for not mentioning at the start of his P4 that he played an additional ticket. He claims Shrupp owes the public an apology? What for? Anyone foolish enough to listen to a public tout's picks deserves no apology.

Well, you may feel it is foolish to listen to a public tout, but one day one of those talking heads gave out a P6 ticket and hit it. He was figuring he was going to get back a lot of money, about 40,000 if I recall. He got 21 emails saying they'd played his picks and over 100 people hit the P6, more than the set of win odds would suggest. He got back around 3,600 I think it was.

I'm not suggesting that one should play along with the talking heads, but it is definitely a fact that a lot of people do. Shrupp was definitely influencing the market. Whether he was intentionally manipulating the market I don't know. On Wall Street, they don't much care what your asserted intent was.

PaceAdvantage
12-02-2004, 11:27 PM
I don't understand what the hell the problem is. Go to the Roger Stein site and click on the damn LINK! If you can't hear the show, then upgrade your browser and/or software so you CAN HEAR the damn show.

Jeez....people calling people facists because of a freakin LINK??? WTF???? Full moon is OVER people!

Dancer's Image
12-03-2004, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
I don't understand what the hell the problem is. Go to the Roger Stein site and click on the damn LINK! If you can't hear the show, then upgrade your browser and/or software so you CAN HEAR the damn show.

Jeez....people calling people facists because of a freakin LINK??? WTF???? Full moon is OVER people!

PA,
I'm sure the problem is with my old computer, or browser, or software. For whatever reason, I can not hear the Roger Stein radio show interview of Dr. Arthur (Artur?). That is why I asked this question earlier in the thread...

"ElKabong,
The link doesn't work for me; perhaps you could just post the gist of the interview with Dr Artur? thanks"

...Now for some weird reason, Just Ralph finds that funny (he thinks you will too!). That was the reason I called him a fascist pig; not as you say, because of a freakin link. At least you don't say that you think it's funny, but your response to my request for help is just as unsatisfying. Basically, you're saying, "You can't hear the Roger Stein radio show? Tough! I can, so screw you. Get a new computer or browser or software!" But thanks anyway, PA. Merry Christmas.

Valuist
12-03-2004, 12:26 AM
Ranchwest-

This isn't Wall Street. If somebody is going to take a tout's advice, its buyer beware. If they cash, fine; if they lose, they better not bitch because they were the ones who were too lazy to do the handicapping. TVG likes to think they influence the market.

ranchwest
12-03-2004, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Valuist
Ranchwest-

This isn't Wall Street. If somebody is going to take a tout's advice, its buyer beware. If they cash, fine; if they lose, they better not bitch because they were the ones who were too lazy to do the handicapping. TVG likes to think they influence the market.

As I said, in no way was I suggesting that it would be advisable to follow a tout's advise. However, I do think the talking heads have a significant following and do influence the market.

PaceAdvantage
12-03-2004, 04:14 AM
...Now for some weird reason, Just Ralph finds that funny (he thinks you will too!). That was the reason I called him a fascist pig; not as you say, because of a freakin link. At least you don't say that you think it's funny, but your response to my request for help is just as unsatisfying. Basically, you're saying, "You can't hear the Roger Stein radio show? Tough! I can, so screw you. Get a new computer or browser or software!" But thanks anyway, PA. Merry Christmas.

I don't find it funny, I find it sad that many threads invariably disintegrate into a pile of crap with the wave of a keyboard.

There was no reason for this thread to turn. If you're going to surf the net, you should be able to do the basics. That would include listening to audio files.

I know if I wanted to listen to an audio stream, and it didn't work for me, I'd find a way to make it work. But that's just me.

ElKabong
12-03-2004, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by so.cal.fan
I finally got to listen to the show.
Makes me feel better about betting horses in So. Cal.
This is good news!
Kudos to Roger Stein for putting the tape back up.

Makes me feel better too, so cal fan. Dr Arthur said one trainer w/ 39 stalls was ordered out by The Oak Tree assn, and now a couple of trainers are talking about moving to Florida cuz all of a sudden they can't claim healthy horses in Cal anymore......

You were correct, this was gonna be tko'd behind closed doors. Main thing is, IT WAS DONE.

Dancers image----> The link works just fine. Mucho good info, much more than can be discussed here. Give it a listen.

cj
12-03-2004, 08:43 AM
This may be good for California in the short term, but it does nothing for the sport as a whole. Just another example of self-interest winning out in horse racing. Exposing the cheaters would be a great thing in the long run. Its a mistake to think covering it up is the right thing to do.

JustRalph
12-03-2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by cj
Exposing the cheaters would be a great thing in the long run. Its a mistake to think covering it up is the right thing to do.

I agree with CJ here. If they are covering this up, what else do we not know?

so.cal.fan
12-03-2004, 10:44 AM
Hey you guys!
They have been covering up lots of things.....but it's going to change!
Ingrid Fermin was just appointed as the Executive Director of the California Horse Racing Board.
Ingrid is currently a steward in So. Cal.
She is fair and very tough.
I personally feel (no proof) that Ingrid has been behind the crackdown of cheating, both drugs/substances on raceday and the integrity of the betting pools....because it's gotten a hell of a lot better since Del Mar's summer meet.
It will take a while, but don't give up on Califonia racing, just yet.
Let's see what develops......should be interesting.

Dancer's Image
12-03-2004, 11:42 AM
Hey So.Cal.Fan,
You are correct....according to this article, she has been on the Ad Hoc Committee investigating cheating in SoCal...

Fermin to head Calif. Board
By STEVE ANDERSEN
Ingrid Fermin, a steward in California since 1981, has been hired as the
executive director of the California Horse Racing Board, the board
announced at its monthly meeting Thursday.

Fermin replaces Roy Wood, who served in the position for 10 years until
his recent retirement. Fermin, 63, will take the position in early 2005.

Fermin has been a steward at the major meetings in Southern California
since 1991, in the last few years at Santa Anita and Del Mar. In addition,
Fermin has been active in the last year on an ad hoc committee that has
sought ways to stem the perception of cheating in California racing.

During the five-hour meeting, the board renewed the licenses of the three
account-wagering companies that operate in the state: Television Games
Network, XpressBet, and Youbet.com. Negotiations between TVG and the
Thoroughbred Owners of California, which represents owners in the state,
were concluded on Wednesday evening and centered on purse
distribution.

The board approved a 71-day meeting at Bay Meadows from Feb. 2 to May
8. The meeting will be operated by the Bay Meadows Racing Association,
rather than Magna Entertainment, which had leased the track in recent
years.

The board questioned a Jockeys' Guild executive, Albert Fiss, on the
organization's financial status as it pertained to a fund the Guild
administers for jockeys in the state, and found no irregularities. The fund,
which amounts to nearly $1 million annually, is derived from uncashed
mutuel tickets and provides health insurance for riders. The board was
told by its senior auditor, John Reagan, that the funds are "segregated"
from money administered by the Guild in other states.

John Harris was re-elected as chairman for 2005, with Bill Bianco elected
vice-chairman.

...interesting to me is the penultimate paragraph where they questioned JG executive Fiss about the JG's financial status and found no irregularities. Of course the JG has not submitted to an audit so how the CHRB could reach that conclusion is beyond me! Let's hope they do a better job, "stemming the perception of cheating in California racing".

toetoe
12-03-2004, 12:56 PM
el kabong, are you old enough to know quickdraw mcgraw? sniff, sniff ... brings a tear to me eyes. s'pose it's too much to expect you to remember go-go gophers?

CryingForTheHorses
12-03-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by so.cal.fan
Hey you guys!
They have been covering up lots of things.....but it's going to change!
Ingrid Fermin was just appointed as the Executive Director of the California Horse Racing Board.
Ingrid is currently a steward in So. Cal.
She is fair and very tough.
I personally feel (no proof) that Ingrid has been behind the crackdown of cheating, both drugs/substances on raceday and the integrity of the betting pools....because it's gotten a hell of a lot better since Del Mar's summer meet.
It will take a while, but don't give up on Califonia racing, just yet.
Let's see what develops......should be interesting.

I myself have no time for cheats when I know I have done everything possible within the rules of racing to get my horse to the races..Never mind winning with him, These guys that do this can only do it for so long before they slip and get caught, I also think there should be mandatory tesing before a race to see if the horse has something other then what is allowed race day. Lots of these guys think they are slick but in the end end up with nothing,What also burns me is how this vet is saying these things and knew it was happening,I feel he is also to blame if he didnt try to stop it, VETS are really the ones that know what they are "really" giving your horse, Takes a sharp horseman paying attention and askng questions to what is be administered.I also think vets need to submit to the racing ass. what drugs are being administered to each horse on race day! The vets records need to match what the mandatory race day test reveals. This would put a stop to all this cheating nonsense

delayjf
12-06-2004, 04:08 PM
How about each track building a 100 stall security barn and require all entries to report to the barn 24 hours prior to the start of the race.:confused: :confused: