PDA

View Full Version : Bud Light ads

Valuist
11-30-2004, 12:26 PM
As much as I hate commercials, nobody is more clever than Budweiser with their ads. Miller recently came out with new ads with guys dressed in NFL referee uniforms, who would penalize people for improper beer usage; for giving out Bud Light instead of Miller. Get mad? No Bud got even, using similar type refs claiming the refs were confiscating the beer because some people will do anything to get Bud Light. Definitely more clever than Miller's ad.

OTM Al
11-30-2004, 01:30 PM
Don't much like football but always watch the super bowl for the ads. Budweiser always has a good campaign set up there too. The donkey that wanted to be a clydesdale was brilliant

andicap
11-30-2004, 02:58 PM
I even liked the Budweiser Frogs campaign, but thought the Bud Bowl was really silly and Chris Berman was pimping himself doing that shtick.
I love the "True" ads from Bud. Very clever.

Miller hasn't had a good campaign since it ditched "Taste Great, Less Filling," a classic ad if there ever was one.

Coors is asinine although maybe a younger demo appreciates it more.

I like the Heinken ads too -- where the guys are sitting in a bar and discusing the high salaries of today's athletes. "How do they pay for these salaries?" one asks. "Ticket prices," answers the other. That's a message that doesn't get said enough.

To me the all-time best were the old Schaefer ads. "Schaefer, is the, one beer to have when you're having more than one."
(They had to change that to "want to have some fun" because of drunk driving concerns.)

Anyone recall the ad where the rookie has to sing a song and he warbles the Schaefer tune atop a barrell and the other football players start crying. "That was beautiful," one says.

OTM Al
11-30-2004, 03:08 PM
Of course the best beer ad of all time is Dave Chappelle's Samuel Jackson beer ad. Everytime I see a Sam Adams ad since I've started cracking up

BIG RED
11-30-2004, 03:22 PM
They have a new anti AOL commercial that looks exactly like AOL's original. This time everyone is dumping AOL. I can't remember the company that does it, but I swear they have the same actors. It's so good, it seems illegal.

Valuist
11-30-2004, 04:09 PM
I've seen the anti-AOL ad. I think its for Netzero.