PDA

View Full Version : Computer Question

Bubbles
11-28-2004, 12:02 AM
My taskbar and start menu is now displayed on the right side of the screen, not the bottom. I have no idea how it got there, but it's awkward. Any way I can put it back to the bottom of the screen?

Rpd
11-28-2004, 12:07 AM
You need to grab it with the mouse(near the start button) and then you can reposition it top, bottom, right or left. You might need to resize it after you move it too.

I keep mine at the left part of the screen but most people keep it at the bottom since that is where it is when windows is loaded.

Bubbles
11-28-2004, 12:08 AM
Wow, that was easy. Thanks.

JustRalph
11-28-2004, 01:07 AM
you want a real challenge.........try moving it around without the mouse................. I took that phone call once..............

Rpd
11-28-2004, 03:52 PM
ok, Just Ralph.......

I tried and couldn't figure it out...

How do you do it without the mouse? :eek:

Tom
11-28-2004, 04:19 PM
Roll you monitor side to side.;)

Rpd
11-28-2004, 04:21 PM
LOL....now that's funny.......Ralph?

JustRalph
11-28-2004, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Rpd
ok, Just Ralph.......

I tried and couldn't figure it out...

How do you do it without the mouse? :eek:

close all windows

your taskbar needs to be "unlocked" which it probably is if you accidently moved it. right click on the taskbar and unlock it.

remember all windows must be closed. If not hit "alt-F4" to close windows.

push the alt key and hold it. Then push the space bar. You get a menu. One of the menu items is "move" arrow up to move and hit enter. You will get double arrows above your taskbar. Use your arrow up key to move up (you won't see anything happen until the arrow/cursor gets about one third or more up the screen) Suddenly your taskbar will jump to the top. you can continue to use your arrow key to the right side to move it over there too. You can even move to the left side. When you get it where you want it.........hit enter. Try it on the left side.......it is kind of weird. It bumps your icons over..........see the pic

http://www.homehorseplayer.com/taskbar.jpg

Rpd
11-28-2004, 04:35 PM
:cool: Cool, thanks Ralph! I hate not being able to figure something out..........that's why handicapping is so enjoyable :confused: