PDA

View Full Version : Youbet.com and Win XP problems

sq764
11-27-2004, 09:54 PM
I got a new laptop last week and I have Win XP home edition.. Also running Norton 2004..

Since I got the puter, I have not been able to watch video on Youbet.com. I have turned off the pop up blocker and put Youbet as a trusted site.. Still no dice..

Anyone have this problem?? Any ideas??

JustRalph
11-28-2004, 01:13 AM
Turn off the firewall...........and uninstall all norton products........then put them back.

Brisnet/AmericaTab/Winticket having the same problems.....

here is the info from Winticket. Do you have SP2?

"For Users of Norton Internet Security - October 15, 2004

The Norton Internet Security product may block access to this website or the americatab.com website where wagers are placed. The problem occurs when installing Windows XP SP2 after Norton Internet Security is installed. We are working with the Symantec Corporation to find a solution to this error in their software.

Currently, even if you remove the sites from the banned list in Norton Internet Security, the software may still block access to the sites. If you have Windows XP SP2 installed we recommend that you uninstall the Norton Internet Security program through the control panel, remove programs. Then reinstall the Internet Security program. This process should allow you to remove americatab.com from the list of banned sites. "

I have had two clients with this problem. They could get to the websites, but the video and some links failed. They uninstalled Norton at my direction and it fixed it. They both bought a router and did away with the norton firewall and turned off the one in Xp SP2