PDA

View Full Version : How about a money management program?

superfecta
03-26-2002, 02:11 AM
I know everyone has dabbled at different ways to handicap a race,but has anyone tried to design a program to come up with the optimum bet to make?
For example,you come up with four contenders,now ,what is the best way to bet them?A trifecta ,super, exacta or maybe all of them?Maybe a betting matrix that covers the most likely combos and the most profitable?An efficent money management tool that takes each pool in consideration,the odds of the horses picked,finds value,and has a good return on investment.I would think somebody has tried,but each track would be different,so what would work at a large track won't work at smaller tracks and vice versa.

CamptownRaces.com
03-26-2002, 02:23 AM
There are many different ways to play different circumstances.

I have many different wagering methods that cover how to play "WHO" "Where" and for "How Much"

Go and take a look at the practice races on my website and then email me with any questions.

http://www.camptownraces.com

Aussieplayer
03-26-2002, 03:07 AM
Superfecta,

Unfortunately, I don't think it would really work, simply due to different approaches.

You can work out optimal bets for bj, simply because you can actually know your precise advantage (despite different counting systems available).

In horse racing, we handicap differently.

Kelly betting may work for one & not the other. Dave S. gives Kelly a good knocking, whereas Barry M. w/prob. give Dave S. a good slap! :)

Neither are wrong, it's just that different approaches are going to be "best" for each one of us.

Nice to see some new ones join in my absence.

Cheers
Aussieplayer

bigray76
03-27-2002, 12:51 PM
I think it is possible to come up with an idea of how to play horses together depending on how you select them. For example, if you handicap a card, award each horse a point total, and you find that when your top horse is a certain amount greater than the second choice, he wins a certain % of the races, then you have a good candidate to key on the top.

I have been fooling around with my own points system and my own forecasted odds to get an idea of whether the horse is going off at what I feel are fair odds. I also have tried basing my wagering strategy off of the points and forecasted odds. Right now it is just a work in progress, so no stats to report just yet.

Ray