PDA

View Full Version : Sponsors???

Maxspa
11-27-2004, 11:39 AM
All,
When I read one of the sponsors stories it was unbelievable! What B.S., I can't believe I'm reading it here on Pace Advantage!
Maxspa

Suff
11-27-2004, 11:46 AM
Maxie... You made a few hundred grand on the Ponies last year.. Take out your credit card and buy something already....!:D

Maxspa
11-27-2004, 11:57 AM
Suff,
I agree that in order for a web site to survive there has to be money flow for all the time and effort spent. That being said," I hope the people who are responsible for selecting sponsors be discriminate and not just post anyone who has a ridiculous story and a system to sell.
Maxspa

PaceAdvantage
11-27-2004, 12:38 PM
I think I'll change it to "Please Visit Our Sponsors"

You don't have to actually buy anything from them in order to support THIS site. You merely have to click on the ad.....and besides, lots of time, it can be ENTERTAINING!!! LOL

Pace Cap'n
11-27-2004, 08:45 PM
Would love to have that system, just not sure I'm ready to move into a higher tax bracket just yet...

betovernetcapper
11-27-2004, 09:04 PM
You mean these ads haven't always been here? Live and learn.

midnight
11-27-2004, 09:04 PM
Obviously a bunch of nonsense.

For what it's worth, the webhosting site sponsor advertised here (ACANAC) is excellent.

Maxspa
11-27-2004, 10:21 PM
All,
I'll live with the sponsors! My concern is twofold. First and foremost this board is an excellent forum for handicappers and horse enthusiasts. Whenever the discussions got out of hand, administrators monitored the dialogue and made sure those who were at fault were diplomatically told to stop. Why because this is a well run forum that gives a lot of leeway to its contributors. Yet PA draws the line when necessary for the benefit of all. Secondly, and most important, I am concerned that new handicappers who have not purchased some of the buyer beware products will do so because it is advertised on a quality
website.
I've said enough, let's continue to partake in the BEST Damm
Website Period!
Maxspa

PaceAdvantage
11-27-2004, 10:29 PM
Maxspa,

Excellent point. I do have the ability to block whatever advertiser I want. And I went to do just that today, but ran into a conundrum.

You see, I was browsing an off-topic thread, whose subject was the CIA and the Bush Administration. Well, lo and behold, a Google ad popped up offering an anti-Bush tee-shirt for sale.

I didn't think the shirt was very appropriate, so I looked to see where the URL led to, and it was AMAZON.COM!! Now, I don't really want to block Amazon.com from advertising here, so I let it go.....

With that said, if anyone sees an advertiser that they think should be removed, please don't hesitate to contact me PRIVATELY, and I will probably block the site from further advertising.

Thanks.

Suff
11-27-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by betovernetcapper
You mean these ads haven't always been here? Live and learn.

Say no to drugs,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,unless no ones lookin

kenwoodallpromos
11-27-2004, 11:38 PM
They're just ads- I just read them and decide what I think. I like scanning all ads to see what they say; But I do would not lay out more than a few $$$ to find out what the deal is.
The trouble with most horsey ads are they do not give you a clue as to basic principals.

Tom
11-28-2004, 04:07 PM
PA...are you sure that site offering the tee shirts wasn't AMAZIN.COM?:D