PDA

View Full Version : Informative Racing Show

Figman
11-26-2004, 11:31 AM
Nightly radio show out of Florida with host J.J. Graci and John DaSilva from the NY Post newspaper has caught my attention recently. It is broadcast nightly from 8 p.m.-10 p.m. eastern time.

They're doing a great job in following this jockeys insurance problem. Recent interviews have been with Frank Zanzucchi of the NJ Racing Commission, Jerry Bailey, jockey & former Guild treasurer Eddie King, Ron Turcotte, former jockey Gary Donahue, John Giovanni, Keith Chamblin of the NTRA and others.
Here is the link:
http://www.neuronbroadcasting.com/radiostreams/wwnn-am.htm

toetoe
11-26-2004, 01:22 PM
figgy, great show, isn't it? just when bailey got on, 15 mihutes left, they abruptly switched to a health show, which had to be a tape. weird, huh?

Figman
11-26-2004, 01:41 PM
That was a replay of the Bailey interview last night because of the holiday. The live show was last week.

The one replayed earlier last night (before Bailey) with Albert Fiss of the Jockeys Guild seemed very contentious between the host and the Guild VP. Bailey in what was played of his interview, disputed what Fiss had to say about Bailey and Pat Day cancelling a catastrophic insurance policy. Bailey and John Giovanni both say that Dr. Germanian and Albert Fiss were in full charge of the Guild when the policy was cancelled 11 months after Bailey and Day quit the Guild. Interesting stuff!

Suff
11-26-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Figman
Nie been with Frank Zanzucchi of the NJ Racing Commission, Jerry Bailey, jockey & former Guild treasurer Eddie King, Ron Turcotte, former jockey Gary Donahue, John Giovanni, Keith Chamblin of the NTRA and others.
Here is the link:
http://www.neuronbroadcasting.com/radiostreams/wwnn-am.htm

Hi Fig...

Thanks for the link. You don't happen to know if they archive thier shows anywhere do you? I just spent a 1/2 hour trying to track down the show they did with John Giovani that is referenced in this article at Bloodhorse..

http://news.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=25535

I did find a direct link to the show , but it does'nt contain any archive info. I'm tempted to think, they are'nt currently archiving.. But I figured I'd post it up and see if you or some blood hound can track it down for me.

Thank You

http://www.attheracesandbeyond.com/index.htm

Figman
11-26-2004, 07:32 PM
Suff,
No archives but the ex-trainer and show host JJ Graci is so in to this dispute that he has been constantly replaying previous interviews. He hasn't replayed Giovanni yet.

John DaSilva in the NYRA press box may be able to help you get a copy if there is no replay.

toetoe
11-26-2004, 07:51 PM
thanks, figman. iget it now. but even if a replay, i wonder why they would cut it off and go to a new show, no filler, no signoff, nothing.

PaceAdvantage
11-26-2004, 08:29 PM
Figman,

Why does the advertisment in the NYRA track program say that the "Talking Horses" show you are referencing is hosted by JJ Graci and John Perrotta?? It doesn't mention DaSilva. Was he a late addition to the show? Or did someone mess up the names?

==PA

Figman
11-26-2004, 10:08 PM
PA,
I've listened only about a week. John DaSilva has been on every night as has John Perrotta. Usually DaSilva goes over the last three NYRA races in detail as he is advertised as their "NY Correspondent." The female on the show named Samm seems to be JJ Graci's "better half!"

CryingForTheHorses
11-28-2004, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by Figman
PA,
I've listened only about a week. John DaSilva has been on every night as has John Perrotta. Usually DaSilva goes over the last three NYRA races in detail as he is advertised as their "NY Correspondent." The female on the show named Samm seems to be JJ Graci's "better half!"

Yes SAMM is his wife, JJ still trains horses at Calder.This couple are constantly involved in whatever makes the racing news, SAMM was dissed in another fourm I visit for her views on different things. She shoots straight from the hip!.Lots of people here in south florida think she is whacked, I think their show is great! I do know JJ and SAMM fell from grace with management at calder ,Im not sure what the argument was about, They dont seem to have as many horses that they did have.