View Full Version : win generate 2000 software

rebrick99
11-25-2004, 03:17 PM
Has anyone used win generate 2000 software from RPM? If so
does it work okay?

headhawg
11-26-2004, 10:07 AM
rebrick,

The pen/paper method sucked bad. Real bad. About 50 steps to get you to the chalk.

The Top 52 book gave the software an extremely low score because it didn't show a profit -- or even a hint of profitability.

If you want good software, there have been a million posts on this board about the best ones available. Just do a search -- the same ones get mentioned again and again. That should be a BIG hint about the ones that should be purchased -- and the ones to stay away from.

HH

sealman
12-02-2004, 06:41 PM
As a matter of fact, I bought this program a few years ago. I got it through RPM and as a bonus they threw in True Tenders as well. So I was using both of them together, and the first few times at Monmouth it worked well enough, but nothing to make you kick up your heels. For the past three years I've been using All-Ways (standard edition) and I find it to be much better. If you are well-grounded in basic comprehensive handicapping and can exercise some degree of discipline, you can sort through the information overload. That's the key: you have to use your handicapping acumen to sift and evaluate and not just blindly follow the computer. I guess that's a big problem today: we forget that this is art as much as science. As for WG 2000, I fool around with it from time to time, but it's day seems to have come and gone.

timtam
12-04-2004, 05:49 PM
My originial copy of win generate 2000 was what I traded to High Roller. I got a new computer and contacted Mel Shrawder the programmer and he made it available to me (free of charge) for my XP. High Roller then told Mel I sold it to him thus getting me in the middle of a mess which I quickly cleared up. I still use Win Generate but not exclusively for my handicapping. Its a nice program which gives horse condition as it states today. I take a long look at Edge and Peak horses. It also gives a Hidden Par feature which highlights fast quarters so it enables you to take another look at a horse you might otherwise dismiss. It also gives you a win generate number which on an average of a 10 race card you may get 3-4 horses which meet those conditions. It also gives a number on a number last race which tells whethor a horse is coming off a fast race or not. Also it qualifies contenders with either one c or two c's. One for pace and one for final time. It also breaks down the calls from the last race. With all the plusses I just highlighted I must emphasize its only a guide and should be used as such. I did incorporate in my handicapping and never made a copy of the diskette and my original went to High Roller who probably sold it 20 times over. Hope this helps

doophus
12-05-2004, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by timtam
My originial copy of win generate 2000 was what I traded to High Roller. I got a new computer and contacted Mel Shrawder the programmer and he made it available to me (free of charge) for my XP. High Roller then told Mel I sold it to him thus getting me in the middle of a mess which I quickly cleared up. I still use Win Generate but not exclusively for my handicapping. Its a nice program which gives horse condition as it states today. I take a long look at Edge and Peak horses. It also gives a Hidden Par feature which highlights fast quarters so it enables you to take another look at a horse you might otherwise dismiss. It also gives you a win generate number which on an average of a 10 race card you may get 3-4 horses which meet those conditions. It also gives a number on a number last race which tells whethor a horse is coming off a fast race or not. Also it qualifies contenders with either one c or two c's. One for pace and one for final time. It also breaks down the calls from the last race. With all the plusses I just highlighted I must emphasize its only a guide and should be used as such. I did incorporate in my handicapping and never made a copy of the diskette and my original went to High Roller who probably sold it 20 times over. Hope this helps Isn't "trading" the same as "selling?"

timtam
12-05-2004, 08:05 AM
I traded my original diskette I didn't make copies and trade 50 other things for copies of the original diskette. Mel Shrawder was only concerned that I wasn't duplicating the diskette and reselling many copies. If you want to say I sold my one and only diskette of WG2000 thats fair but i wasn't mass producing it and selling /trading to any other people.When High Roller offered to trade WG2000 to me I realized what he was up to and wrote back to him. His original premise was the diskette was for his use . I guess some could say I gave him a bum steer cause the program isn't any good but he told me he was new to handicapping and I just gave him an idea and something I use.

Mel didn't care if I sold,traded, or trashed my copy he was only concerned with mass production and then doing the former.