PDA

View Full Version : AQU Turkey Day

SAL
11-25-2004, 10:58 AM
Picks for Aqueduct Thursday:

R1 #5 Mikemon-I’m thinking he’s not strictly a turf runner. This isn’t one of the stronger NW1 fields, so I’ll take a shot here if he’s 7/2 or better.

R2 #14 Princess Jasmine-Like this trainer/jock combo for price runners. This filly ran her best race when taken off the turf. Dirt may be her calling, needs a good trip from this post.

R3 #4 Maillol-Tough to go against the mighty Pletcher/Velazquez combo. This one will be well bet, so I may take a shot with #2 Curlew Road. He gets a major barn upgrade, and should run better here.

R4 #2 Win With Beck-Tried to move into a hot pace last time and tired. Trainer/jock combo has been doing very well, so I expect an improved effort here.

More to come

SAL
11-25-2004, 12:22 PM
R6 #8 Good Edition-Dueled on the lead before fading last time. Off going should move him up in this field, will have to lay off the probable early lead of the #7 Swither.

R7 #4 Don’t Tell Ashlie-Looked good romping against maidens at BEL last time. Bred for off going, I like him to handle this field in her first try against winners.

R8 #11 Papua-Mud lover could make an impact in this heat. The pace figures to be hot and heavy, and he has won on the slop at AQU in the past. Will be my P4 key.

R9 #3 Gainango-Like this lightly raced runner in this spot. Bred to like the off going, he should get the lead in here and not look back.