PDA

View Full Version : Dems file lawsuit for Recount in Ohio

JustRalph
11-23-2004, 12:38 AM
The Democratic Party Announced tonight that they are filing a lawsuit to force the state to recount the entire state. The actual quote was " to ensure that President Bush's victory was legit"

A spokesman for the Federal Court advises that the Dems case will probably be combined with one from the Green Party.

Here we go.............!

Kerry/Edwards Campaign Participates in Ohio Recount
Monday, November 22, 2004

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

November 22, 2004

Kerry/Edwards Campaign Participates Ohio Recount Ohio Democratic Party Seeks Volunteers to Help Recount.

COLUMBUS – Assuring Ohioans receive an accurate count of all votes cast for president has prompted the Democratic Party to participate in the initiative to recount the results of the Nov. 2 presidential election.

“As Senator Kerry stated in his concession speech in Boston, we do not necessarily expect the results of the election to change, however, we believe it necessary to make sure everyone's vote is counted fairly and accurately,” said Dennis White, Ohio Democratic Party chair.

Columbus Attorney Donald McTigue will lead the recount effort on behalf of Ohio Democrats. The party will be recruiting volunteer witnesses to assist in the recount process in all 88 counties.

On Election Day and throughout the month of November, angry Ohio citizens have expressed frustration with long lines, malfunctioning voting machines and undelivered absentee ballots. There have been inconsistencies in the unofficial reports of the election, including an error in one Franklin County precinct that gave George Bush 3,893 more votes than actually cast for him.

The recount can begin after the official results are certified, which likely will be in the first week of December. The Democratic Party wants to be fully prepared to begin a recount immediately.

Volunteers can sign up at the Ohio Democratic Party website: www.ohiodems.org and the party will also accept contributions to help offset the cost of completing a recount.

“We are proud to stand up for Democrats all over the world who have asked us to make sure every vote gets counted. And we want to demonstrate that Ohio can do better in the future to guarantee every voters who wants to vote, has a chance to vote,” White said.

PaceAdvantage
11-23-2004, 01:12 AM
When you have 15,000+ lawyers on the payroll (I'm still floored by this number), I guess you have to DO something to earn your pay.

Yawn.

Dave Schwartz
11-23-2004, 01:47 AM
LOL - Now we know why he held on to all that campaign money.

BillW
11-23-2004, 02:01 AM
If he would have just thought to get those lawyers to vote :eek:

Tom
11-23-2004, 10:38 PM
I ACTUALLY CONCEDED BEFORE I UNCONCEDED!

Bubbles
11-23-2004, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Tom
I ACTUALLY CONCEDED BEFORE I UNCONCEDED!

LOL...and oh, so true.

JustRalph
11-24-2004, 06:32 AM
The local news last night said that there are now more provisional ballots than votes that Bush won by. But, Kerry will have to get around 95% of the votes to change the election.

Secretariat
11-24-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by JustRalph
The local news last night said that there are now more provisional ballots than votes that Bush won by. But, Kerry will have to get around 95% of the votes to change the election.

That's based on the current number I beleive, and doesn't factor in changed figures on the recount, such as the 4,000 vote error doucmented in one county alone.

JustRalph
11-24-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Secretariat
That's based on the current number I beleive, and doesn't factor in changed figures on the recount, such as the 4,000 vote error doucmented in one county alone.

Keep hoping Sec. Those 4000 votes happen about ten minutes from my house. You are going to need much more than that........