PDA

View Full Version : Tote

crestridge
04-01-2021, 05:43 PM
Many years ago there was a nice little booklet called, "Tote Master", A tote board selection system. I was wondering if anyone has upgraded these ideas and produced computer software with all the various M/L ratings, etc? This had some value when used properly/researched, modeled, etc.

If anyone has any info on this, please let me know. I'd be interested.

Kbatch57
04-01-2021, 07:06 PM
This may be of some use.

http://homebased2.com/atr/at_the_races.htm

Nitro
04-01-2021, 10:09 PM
Many years ago there was a nice little booklet called, "Tote Master", A tote board selection system. I was wondering if anyone has upgraded these ideas and produced computer software with all the various M/L ratings, etc? This had some value when used properly/researched, modeled, etc.

If anyone has any info on this, please let me know. I'd be interested.
The only Tote Master I know is the person who developed the Tote analysis system that I’ve been using successfully for many years. Although the names and topic are synonymous, I doubt he’s related to the literature you’ve mentioned, but he was a PA member at one time. His seemingly “outside-the box” commentary certainly peeked my interest and curiosity. Apparently many of those comments are still available in the PA archives. Like this one:
Post #32
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30124&highlight=Tote+Board&page=3

crestridge
04-02-2021, 01:35 AM
K

Thanks much, I've heard about this program many years ago, in fact, Dick Schmidt, who used to participate on this board, wrote a very positive analysis of ATR, but I've never "tapped" into this program. I think Dave Schwartz has had something to do with it also (Pace Makes The Race, site).

This little pocket booklet is basically looking for money coming in to confirm, (the horse maybe of interest because of one's own analysis) is confirmed by many others opinions that this horse is indeed a strong contender, worthy of a wager. The little booklet is fine, but it would be better to have a application available, if possible.

ATR has been around for many years now, is it still used?

crestridge
04-02-2021, 02:12 AM
A most contentious thread, but interesting. Thanks, I appreciate the info. Lot's of good healthy "iron sharpening iron".