PDA

View Full Version : All-Ways Meet Files!

Maxspa
11-22-2004, 12:13 PM
All,
One of the ways to utilize the All-Ways software at a reasonable price is by using the Meet Files for a specific track. BRIS had three meet packages this fall. I contacted Gary Hall at Frandsen and BRIS representatives to determine whether packages would be offered again.
BRIS representative Brian Turner stated that a Fairgrounds
package was in the planning stage and there is a possibility of others as well.
If you are a small bettor and want to make a profit it is imperative that download costs don't eat up the profits. Let the people at Bris and Frandsen know how the importance of meet packages.
Maxspa

PS. If I could only locate that Methodology from Mr. Pace!!!!
Only joshing!

betchatoo
11-22-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Maxspa
All,
One of the ways to utilize the All-Ways software at a reasonable price is by using the Meet Files for a specific track. BRIS had three meet packages this fall. I contacted Gary Hall at Frandsen and BRIS representatives to determine whether packages would be offered again.
BRIS representative Brian Turner stated that a Fairgrounds
package was in the planning stage and there is a possibility of others as well.
If you are a small bettor and want to make a profit it is imperative that download costs don't eat up the profits. Let the people at Bris and Frandsen know how the importance of meet packages.
Maxspa

PS. If I could only locate that Methodology from Mr. Pace!!!!
Only joshing!

I have always wondered why a group of those that used All Ways couldn't share back files

JimG
11-22-2004, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by betchatoo
I have always wondered why a group of those that used All Ways couldn't share back files

If you do that, and Brisnet finds out, you'll know why.

betchatoo
11-22-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by JimG
If you do that, and Brisnet finds out, you'll know why.

Went to Bris site and looked up my agreement and see what you mean. I do think that charging $7 a file for past files is ludicrous. I know that Gary Hall has asked them if they would consider putting a years worth of data on a cd at a reasonable cost but they have so far not agreed.

Equineer
11-22-2004, 05:09 PM
Don't new All-Ways users automatically get an extensive foundation database including virtually every track?

I am pretty sure they still do.

betchatoo
11-22-2004, 05:48 PM
Their are default settings given, but not an actual track database. I've been an All Ways user for more than 10 years and my only complaint is the cost of the data files

Equineer
11-22-2004, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by betchatoo
Their are default settings given, but not an actual track database. I've been an All Ways user for more than 10 years and my only complaint is the cost of the data files When I looked at it awhile back it seemed like you got a startup history database... quite a few track files... is that what you meant by default settings?

Two savvy players at my local off-track facility swear by All-Ways. and say the datafile price helps limit the squares... because just about everyone has a PC these days.

Maxspa
11-23-2004, 10:13 AM
All,
BRIS, has posted on their web-site the All-Ways Data File package for the Fairgrounds meet beginning on Thanksgiving Day and ending on 3/27/05. I believe it is an 82 day meet and the cost is $460.00 for the datafiles and XRD result files. They will accept 3 month installments of $155.33 per month. If I'm correct and the race meet is 82 days that is approximately $5.61 per race card.
This is still expensive for the small bettor but certainly a step in the right direction for All-Ways users. It will be interesting to see what other meets if any that BRIS has planned!
Maxspa

betchatoo
11-23-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Equineer
When I looked at it awhile back it seemed like you got a startup history database... quite a few track files... is that what you meant by default settings?

Two savvy players at my local off-track facility swear by All-Ways. and say the datafile price helps limit the squares... because just about everyone has a PC these days.

Yes. The history files set-up a default set of handicapping files. However, to fully use the more powerful aspects of the program, you need to add (in my estimation) at least 50 racing cards per track.

I agree the cost may keep some people away but at half the price it would still be 3 times the cost of a drf single file. And, because of the complexity, no 2 people will necessarily get the same results, so others won't hurt your odds.