PDA

View Full Version : Quick Horse

lefty359
03-23-2021, 02:54 PM
Anybody use this software? They give free data. Are they still in business? Too many dead websites still up with nobody behind them.
George Green's website is a good example. They still take orders but nothing is delivered and nobody answers emails.

Dave Schwartz
03-23-2021, 03:07 PM
Anybody use this software? They give free data. Are they still in business? Too many dead websites still up with nobody behind them.
George Green's website is a good example. They still take orders but nothing is delivered and nobody answers emails.

WOW!

Kbatch57
03-23-2021, 03:27 PM
I don't currently use Quickhorse but it is still available. Yes, you can use with free data or paid data. It is one or the other can't mix and match.

Free data is missing some of the data that is available in the Brisnet and HDW Data files.

lefty359
03-23-2021, 07:22 PM
Thanks,Kbatch. I managed to email them and just got a reply. I wonder how many are using it?

Kbatch57
03-23-2021, 08:02 PM
Thanks,Kbatch. I managed to email them and just got a reply. I wonder how many are using it?
The QuickHorse Forum is basically dead. There are still a few people that are using it, especially with the demise of Greyhound Racing.

QuickDog was their marque program and always got the most attention by the User community.

They do offer a free trial which will allow you to take the program through it's paces. Which is a good deal!

Dan Montilion
03-24-2021, 02:03 PM

Oh Man! Now THAT is a business model.

NorCalGreg
03-24-2021, 08:49 PM

I'd like to add to Lefty's comment about dead websites that still take your order, collect your payment...and you never receive anything.

I recently took a chance on the American Turf Monthly site, and placed a $20 order for handicapping literature by an author I'm familiar with. Since they have a link with "see the latest issue" I clicked on it and the last issue showing was over 3 years ago.

I figured I probably just kissed a $twenty$ goodbye...but lo and behold I just got the item today. 3 days later!

-NCG