PDA

View Full Version : On Topic

Tom
11-21-2004, 06:33 PM
I'll post this here, in off toipic, but it very much on topic of horse racing. I just want to thank the two posters, who will remain unnamed, who had to get personal with each other and then, right after PA warned them to stop, had to come right back with more crap and get the thread closed. Handciapping Magicians was the longest thread in the handicapping forum since the one on bounces in April of this year. A thread that a lot of people were not only enjoying but contribuiting to. That is, until a couple of children could not conduct themselves and chose to blatantly ignore our gracious host here and continue with the crap.
Off Topics is the place for that kind of crap ( or not?) - not the handicapping threads.
So, just wanted to say thanks to these guys. Way to go, guys.

:mad:

kingfin66
11-22-2004, 02:00 AM
I was involved in that flame war prior to PA's request to knock it off. I chose to knock it off out of respect for PA. I also think that my comments were wrong as they were in another thread where I became upset.

Here's the thing Tom (and everybody), it is upsetting when people come into a thread and offer up an insulting, idiotic comment for no reason. There are a few people on this board who like to take unprovoked shots at people. Is it right to retaliate? In most cases I would say it is not. What should happen to people, and I will name a couple - Bro Ham and Buckeye - who make rude and obnoxious comments for no other reason to insult people? The fact is that if people like this could restrain themselves from making this type of comment, then others would not be in a position to feel like they have to respond.

Again, it is very few people that we're talking about. Sometimes discussions get going and people disagree (see off topic forum). Passionate disagreement is much different than blatant flaming.

There, I said my piece. The last thing I will add here is that I am very sorry if my comments offended anybody.

Tom
11-22-2004, 10:25 AM
I wasn't talking about you.

kingfin66
11-22-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Tom
I wasn't talking about you.

I know you weren't Tom, but I was still involved up until PA intervened. Plus, in another thread where I had posted results of my selections, somebody came in and caused me to get upset. There too, I was guilty of responding in an unacceptable manner.

doophus
11-22-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by kingfin66
I know you weren't Tom, but I was still involved up until PA intervened. Plus, in another thread where I had posted results of my selections, somebody came in and caused me to get upset. There too, I was guilty of responding in an unacceptable manner. A rare trait-----self-accountability. Congrats.

BTW, if you're into numerology, stay away from the track today (see your total # posts.) ;)

Bubbles
11-22-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by doophus
BTW, if you're into numerology, stay away from the track today (see your total # posts.) ;)

LOL. Now, if we can find someone who has 777 posts, we're in business! ;)

kingfin66
11-22-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by doophus
A rare trait-----self-accountability. Congrats.

Holy hell! I mean, YIKES. Thank goodness it was Monday. Now it is also post 667. I'm glad that milestone is passed.