PDA

View Full Version : HR 4818

formula_2002
11-20-2004, 09:06 PM
FEDERAL SPENDING BILL hr 4818 FOR FY 2005 IS NOW BEING VOTED UPON in the senate.
(Omnibus appropriations act)

This SPENDING bill will allow congressional chairmen (Appropriations?) to have access to your tax return and make them publicly accessible.

It will also limit complete and unencumbered medial care to women.

Senator McCain said he did not have the courage to keep this bill from being voted upon even though he felt the Senate had but a few hours to read the 3000 pages and knew not of everything contained within the bill. He didn’t what to interfere with the travel arrangements of the senators.

All this can be seen on c-span2..

PaceAdvantage
11-20-2004, 11:30 PM
Man, are we going to be posting every little bill that comes up? If you knew some of the stuff that passed during the Clinton, Bush #1, and Reagan years, including some really scary Executive Orders......well, let's just say I'd need to open up a whole other message board....

Let's not debate every stinking bill that goes before congress, or else we'll have a quagmire right here on PaceAdvantage.Com, and I don't want that....

You're only doing this because you're pissed you lost the election....and like you just wrote, anyone who is interested can simply flip on the telly and watch those IN POWER spin the wheels on Cspan....

Secretariat
11-21-2004, 01:50 AM
Form,

I saw that. The first couple bills are as follows:

1. Raise the DEBT celing.
2. Defeat the 911 Commission Recommendations for a Non-Partisan Natl. Security Chief.
3. And Now - Make it legal for Congress to pry into your tax records.

What's next? I figure hefty raises for all for the fine job they're doing, and a big barbecue down at Crawford over the holidays.

formula_2002
11-21-2004, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
Man, are we going to be posting every little bill that comes up? Let's not debate every stinking bill that goes before congress, or else we'll have a quagmire right here on PaceAdvantage.Com, and I don't want that....

You're only doing this because you're pissed you lost the election....and like you just wrote, anyone who is interested can simply flip on the telly and watch those IN POWER spin the wheels on Cspan....

PA winning the loosing the election has nothing to do with sloppy management. Dem's and REPUB's were both voting on a bill some admit they did not know all that was in it.
Regan, in 1988 warned them about doing this sort of thing.
If I can go through 20 tracks x 8 races x 8 horses 85 factors in 5 minuets and come up with some reasonable figures, you’d think these guys could have computer programs that could give them a handle on matters. Not to the exclusion of there staff members.

The problem here was getting the bill to the Senate TOOO late.

Look, at this point I don’t want to hear excuses from any party. They got the message from their constituents, so let them deal with it. (We should all be around to watch and keep molding their oppions).

The c-span 2 I was watching came directly from the floor of the SENATE. Not saying there was no spin here, but atleast you get it 1st hand.. You can see the emotion and discuss (Mc Cane and the commity chairmen ) had for what was going on
ps.
The electiom is not over, IT"S just begining.

Buckeye
11-21-2004, 09:26 AM
You mean the "recounting" is not over, the actual election is.

Now if you want to nullify the results, good luck with that.

By the way, a recount is recountable (is recountable is recountable).

formula_2002
11-21-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Buckeye
You mean the "recounting" is not over, the actual election is.

If only it could things...:(

kenwoodallpromos
11-21-2004, 01:56 PM
Elect me and I promise never to on anything until I read it. LOL.

Tom
11-21-2004, 06:11 PM
The part about letting congress see your tax returns is overhyped. The Ways and Means chairman already has that right, as he leads the oversight committe that uses that information to find and close loopholes. Enron was invetigated through this power. There is a cluase that provides for both criminal and civil p[enalties for revealing this confidential information. On this bill staffers inserted the lines to extend this right to two other party leaders, who could also investigate if they thought that Ways and Means was draggin its feet. The penalty clause was ommitted by clerical error in the rush to get this bill out before (God fordid! Vacation plans had to be changed!). Since few had the time to actually read the bill they were voting on, it got by. (That is altogether another discussion!) Once it was discovered, both parties agreed they did not want that power and the whole thing was agreeed to be taken out to fix things.

Following PA's lead, I saw that on CSPAN this morning.

formula_2002
11-21-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Tom
Once it was discovered, both parties agreed they did not want that power and the whole thing was agreeed to be taken out to fix things.

Following PA's lead, I saw that on CSPAN this morning.

having seen the live c-span-2 broard cast last night, I'm aware of this.

And when it happens I'll be glad that honorable men have kept their word. But when the president signs the bill, it's law.

And some people have short memories....

formula_2002
11-21-2004, 08:45 PM
from ccc.com

"The language was caught and removed in the Senate on Saturday, but the House will have to approve the fix before the spending bill can be sent to the White House for President Bush's signature."

I'm a bit confused. the bill was voted upon and passed last night with that measure still in it.

The Senate caught it but did not remove it.