PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Else think Greenspan Needs to Shut up

JustRalph
11-20-2004, 10:34 AM
What the hell was that mouthing off about Yesterday?

He sure took the wind out of the market..............Crazy Al needs to retire and go on a cruise with Andrea Mitchell........forever

Tom
11-20-2004, 11:07 AM
Yeah, a crusie with Kathy Lee as the entertainment and Richard Simmons as director of activities!:D

Buckeye
11-20-2004, 11:21 AM
Is he too old to think correctly or what?

Based upon his "past performances" I'd say the man is most likely correct.

Who does Alan like in the first at Philadelphia? Just for "amusement" purposes . . .

Buckeye
11-20-2004, 12:18 PM
"The Crowd" is all over the 1.

That's ok, I agree with them and Alan so far is saying nothing.

The 1 is the bet, mark it down and hope for some magic.

Buckeye
11-20-2004, 12:35 PM
This is sick.

What I need is a magic hatpin.

so.cal.fan
11-20-2004, 12:56 PM
According to Steve Forbes on Fox this morning.....Greenspan is a financial felon who needs to resign.
He claims he is printing too much money.......causing a possible inflation catastrophy.

Equineer
11-20-2004, 01:30 PM
In case folks haven't been tracking currencies, our dollar is headed towards worthless while we buy more and more imported goods and create a $50-Billion per month trade deficit on top of a huge budget deficit.

Since America must continously lure back the trade deficit dollars in the form of foreign investments, and 40% of the national debt has been dependent on continous refinancing by foreign investors... we should hope that Greenspan is worried.

Because China now attracts more foreign business investments than America, and the EU nations and/or Muslim World could act in economic concert with China to ride out a financial crisis, many economists are worried about our ability to stay afloat indefinitely by attracting massive foreign investments.

Anybody Else think Greenspan Needs to Shut up?

Here's a short list of folks who would like to silence Greenspan: Bin Laden, Abu Mussab al-Zarqawi, Kim Jong, and Jacques Chirac.

kenwoodallpromos
11-20-2004, 03:25 PM
I like to hear Greenspan because he is the mouthpiece for banking as the messenger. Gives a heads up.
The less our money is worth, less less it is worth to those who hold the notes.
I'm not worried.
The more that wealth is made out of thin air, the more to worry about. That is not the case now.
A lot of current wealth is in goods and property.
WASHINGTON, Nov. 19 /U.S. Newswire/ -- The American Shareholders Association (ASA) today issued an analysis on stock market indicators such as shareholder wealth, volatility, and dividend payments to shareholders. The full analysis can be found at: http://www.americanshareholders.com/news/asa-investor-11-18-04.pdf

Highlights of the analysis include:

-- Total shareholder wealth has increased $525 billion, or 4.75 percent, in the 11 trading days since the conclusion of the presidential election.

-- Shareholder wealth is increasing at a pace of $48 billion per trading session and completely wipes out the losses of a downward trending market that has occurred since March 5th.

-- Total shareholder wealth is now at its highest level since March 2001.

-- Implied market volatility, as measured by the Chicago Board of Exchange's Volatility Index, demonstrates investors are now refocusing on the economic fundamentals.

-- Since Election Day, the Index has declined 17 percent and the 7-day moving average is down more than 32 percent from its 2004 peak in March.

-- Total personal dividend income is booming at an annualized rate of more than 10 percent per month since March.

Equineer
11-20-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by kenwoodallpromos
I like to heat Greenspan because he is the mouthpiece for banking as the messenger. Gives a heads up.
The less our money is worth, less less it is worth to those who hold the notes.
I'm not worried.
The more that wealth is made out of thin air, the more to worry about. That is not the case now.
A lot of current wealth is in goods and property. About "The less our money is worth, less less it is worth to those who hold the notes," which are constantly refinanced as they regularly mature and must be paid. When you pay investors in this manner with dollars trending ever cheaper, you either lose them or have to offer escalating interest rate premiums to keep them.

Current wealth? Who do you think is buying and owns an ever increasing share of America and American equities, almost out of necessity?

John Deere green is already on the verge of becoming Mandarin orange.

JustRalph
11-20-2004, 06:54 PM
I don't neccessarily disagree with Crazy Al. I just wish he would keep his mouth shut.............