PDA

View Full Version : Man, these Democrats are really racially sensitive, aren't they?

PaceAdvantage
11-19-2004, 07:25 PM
Radio host calls Rice 'Aunt Jemima'

By JAMES A. CARLSON
ASSOCIATED PRESS WRITER

MILWAUKEE -- A radio talk show host drew criticism Thursday after calling Condoleezza Rice an "Aunt Jemima" and saying she isn't competent to be secretary of state.

John Sylvester, the program director and morning personality on WTDY-AM in Madison, said in a phone interview Thursday that he used the term on Wednesday's show to describe Rice and other blacks as having only a subservient role in the Bush administration.

Rice has served as President Bush's national security adviser and was named this week to replace the departing Colin Powell as secretary of state.

Sylvester, who is white, also referred to Powell as an "Uncle Tom" - a contemptuous term for a black whose behavior toward whites is regarded as fawning or servile.

This is the best part:

Linda Hoskins of the NAACP's Madison branch said she could not comment on Sylvester's remarks until she had heard them in their entirety.

Hmmmm, if Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity had said similar things about a black government official, do you think the NAACP would be reserving comment until further investigation was taken??? NOT

Full Story

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/apus_story.asp?category=1110&slug=Radio%20Host%20Remark

PaceAdvantage
11-19-2004, 07:33 PM
I hope this story bothers everyone the same way it bothers me. There is true hypocrisy out there folks. Where is the outrage by the black community leaders? Where is the condemnation by the NAACP regarding these comments?

WTF is going on out there? Is EVERYTHING politicized?

Bubbles
11-19-2004, 07:36 PM
This is just wrong. Wonder how much cash the Dem's are slipping the NAACP to say whatever they want.

PaceAdvantage
11-19-2004, 07:42 PM
OK, I finally found a comment by the President of the NAACP, which I assume, represents the view of the entire organization:

Kweisi Mfume, president of the NAACP, said Sylvester's attacks on Rice "are just as bad as those who hide under sheets and burn crosses."

Mfume said Rice is "an example of how far hard work, education and determination can take one to new heights."

Bubbles
11-19-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
OK, I finally found a comment by the President of the NAACP, which I assume, represents the view of the entire organization:

Assuming it does, it just totally nullified my point.

Good-for-nothing Yankee fans that post this stuff...;)

Equineer
11-19-2004, 09:30 PM
OK, I finally found a comment by the President of the NAACP, which I assume, represents the view of the entire organization: Democrats or Your Paranoia?

You finally found Mfume's comment?

Kweisi Mfume's remarks were the fifth paragraph from the link in your original post that started this thread.

This looks like another case of "premature whackylation"... especially since no source in the article even suggested Sylvester is a Democrat or a Republican.

To rational minds, Sylvester sounds like just another skinhead racist...

WTDY's John "Sly" Sylvester is also a Lustron All-Steel Home freak whose fully restored residence has been discussed in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

Lustrons are small all-steel homes that were built in the early Cold War era of the infamous McCarthy Anti-Communist Hearings.

The Sentinel ran the attached picture of Sylvester's very rare all-steel home, which incidentally shows that he flies two flags.

The bottom flag is not the Wisconsin flag, which has a solid blue background.

It appears to be the flag of the "All-Germanic Heathens Front," an ultra-conservative Aryan racist group that adopted the "alghiz rune" to symbolize a pre-Christian heritage.

Steve 'StatMan'
11-19-2004, 09:59 PM
Well, right now we know this John Sylvester character hates prominent black Republicans. Does he hate them because they are black, or Republican, both, or something else.

Equineer
11-19-2004, 11:07 PM
Beyond the flag...

After a bit of research, red and white checkered apparel is another characteristic of Dutch and German "All-Germanic Heathens."

Here is Sylvester's unusual kitchen:

Equineer
11-20-2004, 12:46 AM
How can we end a thread without finding the inevitable Ohio Connection?

First the flag... then the red and white checkered apparel?

Where does this "All-Germanic Heathens" trail lead?

Connect the red and white squares and were right back in Ohio... home of the Conservative Media Alliance (CMA) and their Fox Ohio affiliates TV campaign to enhance the appeal of neo-conservatives.

PaceAdvantage
11-20-2004, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Equineer
Democrats or Your Paranoia?

You finally found Mfume's comment?

Kweisi Mfume's remarks were the fifth paragraph from the link in your original post that started this thread.

Hey DB, they updated the story. Check the timestamp on the story to the timestamp of my post. The ORIGINAL story that I posted was dated November 18. If you bothered to READ, you'd see my quote about LINDA HOPKINS of the LOCAL NAACP chapter isn't even IN this current story.

Obviously THEY just discovered Mfume's comments as well, and updated their article.

So much for your wiseass remarks.

And aren't you supposed to be unable to post on this board?

Equineer
11-20-2004, 01:15 AM
PA,

Here is how your first post timestamp appears right now in my browser: 11-19-2004 06:25 PM

You posted quotes from James Carlson, then at the bottom linked to what you called the "Full Story," which was by Jenny Price when I read it.

Sorry if your feathers are ruffled, but your post wasn't as clear as you think... and you rushed to judgment on Democrats.

The Democrats have certainly put up with their share of wiseass ribbing on this board... What's your problem?

BTW, your most recent timestamp reads 11-19-2004 11:48 PM, so all of these posts are fairly compressed.

PaceAdvantage
11-20-2004, 03:39 AM
I can't help it if they change the story. Websites do this all the time, which is one of the problems with posting only links. Many times, the link ends up linking to a REVISED version of the story, not the original.

This is the case here. Maybe if you stopped and thought about it for a minute instead of knee-jerking, it would all make sense. Maybe if you stopped for a minute and wondered "Now why would PA say that the NAACP had no response when in fact in the very story he is linking to, there are quotes from the NAACP President.....hmmm....is PA really that dense???"

Nahhhh.....you just jumped right in and became the master of the obvious, which turned out not to be that obvious.

All you had to do was see that my quote of Linda Hopkins does NOT appear in the currently linked article, and you'd realize the story had been revised to include the NAACP comments.

School is now in recess.....

PaceAdvantage
11-20-2004, 03:46 AM
I think its a safe bet that John Sylvester is a registered democrat. A racially insensitive one at that (and that's putting it kindly).

Equineer
11-20-2004, 04:54 AM
I think its a safe bet that John Sylvester is a registered democrat. A racially insensitive one at that (and that's putting it kindly). Sylvester could even be "worse" than you would have him since he vigorously endorsed Libertarian Ed Thompson for governor in 2002.

"I am your humble servant," Sylvester told Thompson during a live interview when he endorsed Thompson.

JustRalph
11-20-2004, 10:25 AM
Did anybody see any of the cartoons that portrayed Condaleeza Rice as an ignorant N**@#$#. Oliphant had one that portrayed her as a bucktoothed Parrot..........and another portrayed her as a slave girl.........it is amazing what the left can get away with.

Equine..........you should be worried about Ohio.........we control the world.............didn't you get the email...........?

Equineer
11-20-2004, 12:46 PM
JustRalph,

I'll check my email. :)

In Ohio and elsewhere, the Libertarians have attracted many disenchanted Republicans and are on the extreme right with repect to civil liberties and intolerance towards federal governance and regulations.

Conversely, former Libertarians in the GOP formed the Republican Liberty Caucus to woo Libertarians into the GOP.

The Ohio Libertarian Party would be a safe square for "All-Germanic Heathens" to land on.

Speaking of self-professed Ohio heathens... what are your two favorite colors? :)

boxcar
11-20-2004, 02:11 PM
JustRalph wrote:

Did anybody see any of the cartoons that portrayed Condaleeza Rice as an ignorant N**@#$#. Oliphant had one that portrayed her as a bucktoothed Parrot..........and another portrayed her as a slave girl.........it is amazing what the left can get away with.

You bet. But in case anyone here hasn't seen any of this stuff, here's a link to Oliphant's virulent venom in cartoon form:

http://images.ucomics.com/comics/po/2004/po041116.gif

Now, if anyone on the Right had even remotely come close to potraying a liberal black in this manner, that person would have immediatly been condemned and branded as a racist pig by the Liberal PTB, i.e. mainstream press, politicians, black leaders, labor unions, intellectuals, Hollywood stars and the generally filthy rich. It's these groups that comprise the "Elites" in Liberalism. And for good reason we call such morally-impoverished trash "elites": They think of themselves as being socially, politically, intellectually and, yes, financially superior to everyone on the Right. (Need I remind anyone that, after all, it was all the morons in the Red States that got this election all wrong?) The Liberal Elites are above criticism, which is why it's so extremely rare we find one Lib criticizing another's racially or otherwise socially-insensitive speech. Even in this case, under discussion, where are the voices of the other so-called black leaders expressing outrage -- of Jessie JackAss, Al Notso Sharp(ton), etc.? (Oh yeah, I forgot...it's beneath Condi's dignity as a human being to to play hypocrite by brown-nosing black religious leaders and their Woe-is-Poor-Lil'-Ol'-Us-We're-Victims -Of-White-Racists sheeple.)

Oliphant's despicable depiction of Dr. Rice couldn't be more wrong -- farthest froms the truth. Here's a synopisis of just the Education part of her "resume":

At 15, Rice enrolled and began attending classes at the University of Denver with the goal of becoming a concert pianist. Her plans changed when she attended a course on international politics taught by Josef Korbel, the father of former Secretary of State, Madeleine Albright, that sparked her interest in the Soviet Union and international relations, leading her to call Korbel "one of the most central figures in my life" [3]

At 19, Rice earned her bachelor's degree in political science, cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa, from the University of Denver in 1974. In 1975, she obtained her master's degree from the University of Notre Dame, and in 1981 she received her Ph.D. from the Graduate School of International Studies at the University of Denver. In addition to English, she speaks Russian, French, and Spanish.

But as impressive as her academic achievments are, these accomplishments don't represent what this amazing woman is all about. In fact...these accomplishments (and her career, for that matter) are merely the results or outworkings of her personal core set of principles -- her exceedingly high moral values. I think these two sentences sum up nicely the warp 'n' woof of Condi Rice:

Rice was nine when her schoolmate Denise McNair was killed in the bombing of the Black Sixteenth Street Baptist Church by white supremacists on September 15, 1963. Rice states her childhood during segregation taught her determination against adversity, and the need to be "twice as good" as non-minorities.

If people like Condi Rice, Clarence Thomas, etc. don't portray what America is all about, then no one does! Gritty determination to overcome advesity requires no small amount of character -- of moral fortitude.

With the Left, ideology almost always trumps their insipid politically correct rhetoric -- which largely account's for Oliphant's (and others of his ilk's) dangerously close bigoted speech. But if there is any humor in all this, I have to chuckle at wanna-be-sophistacate's ultra obvious over-simplfication of the relationship between Bush and Condi. Just because two people see eye-to-eye on most things doesn't mean that one is a puppet or parrot of the other. (My wife and I are in agreement on political and social issues at least 90% of the time. Try telling her that she's being led around by the nose by me. You'll quickly find out just how well she'll be able to articulate how much of an independent thinker she is!)

I believe Conservatives have much to look forward to in '08 -- most epecially if the Repubs (who, admittedly, often aren't the brightest lightbulbs in DC) can bring forth really dynamic, intelligent and qualified candidates for the presidency. And I'll make a prediction right now: If Dr. Rice,or any other "minority" figure of her stature, were to run as a candidate and win the party's nomination, all the poltiical rhetoric by the Left will make this past election seem like a Sunday Lunch after church services by comparison. The Left will not be able to contain itself. And the Libs' mask, which has fooled so many for so long, would finally be removed. And all will see just how Ugly, Miserable and Bad Leftist Ideology is. Everyone will get to see the real Left naked and exposed, especially if the Libs get more Deaniac types to run. And if the Left is now aghast at how much Red is on the ol' map, just wait until after the '08 election!

Below is the link to the site from which I gleaned a little of Condi's bio.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Condoleezza_Rice#Education

Boxcar

Equineer
11-20-2004, 03:03 PM
Some decks are short a few cards...

This thread was provoked by radio personality John Sylvester, who gushed "I am your humble servant" when he endorsed Libertarian candidate for Wisconsin Governor, Ed Thompson.

Most Libertarian political initiatives would fill a flush in almost any hand of secular conservative issues.

And then, also by NAACP spokeperson Linda Hoskins who (conservatively?) said she wanted to actually verify Sylvester's remarks before making a statement on behalf of the NAACP.

Why did Democrats get instantly associated with this specific racial controversy?

Who do you think you are fooling?

Tom
11-20-2004, 03:49 PM
Ralph, my favorite two colors are black and blue. Some people here would look good in that color scheme.;)

Equineer
11-20-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Tom
Ralph, my favorite two colors are black and blue. Some people here would look good in that color scheme.;) Our own self-styled neo-Nazi Tom had this to say about Sylvester's Uncle Tom on 11-09-2004,

"fire this worthless bum. He is a loose cannon who contributes nothing to our cause. To Hell with Powell."

And this to say about the NAACP on 7-09-2004,

"The NAACP is a racist organiztion. Period. Bush has the courage to politley decline to recognize tham as anything more than rabble rousers."

Tom
11-20-2004, 04:29 PM
1. Why do you assume I am referring to YOU?
2. My commemts about Powell refer to his actions, not his color.
3. The NAACP IS a racist organiaztion. And under investigation.

And YOU are not supposed to be posting here, correct? Wasn't it for something as honorabel as betraying private mesaages, posting them in a public forum without permission of the sender? Something like that, you remeber, real ethical qualities of a multiple-handled troll? Such a persistent pain in the butt he/she was banned more times that Amazin and Ljb combined (zero for them, what 5 for you so far? And on this board only, but how many others? Hmmm?
BTW, nice to see you spend so much time searching for wuotes by me to re-post. Now, go Play Misty for Me.:D

Equineer
11-20-2004, 04:55 PM
Tom,

Still here? I figured that after the election you would embark on your stated objectives to eradicate many tribal populations, carpet-nuke the Afghan/Pakistan border, or as you said, "to rape, plunder, and pilage Syria." And after that, your ultimate objective... to attack everyone who financed your schemes when they bought Treasury obligations.

Calling Powell "a worthless bum" or the NAACP a racist bunch of "rabble rousers" exposes your true bigotry.

Tom
11-20-2004, 05:23 PM
To YOUR warped view, probably so. But then, your tether to reality has always been suspect, hasn't it, dear Equinerd???
Powell' s actions make me call him a bum. And how can anyone in their right mind call something named the NAACP anything BUT a racist organization? What do you suppose the left woudl be crying if we founded a NAAWP, or a White Causus, or the United White Man College?

Well, your in your "boxcar" view of the world maybe. But then, we have already established what YOU are, haven't we troll?

And you still are not supposed to be posting here.

JustRalph
11-20-2004, 06:49 PM
Well that is a first. I have been called a Heathen. Interesting. I will refrain from responding. Some things don't deserve a response

Equineer
11-20-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by JustRalph
Well that is a first. I have been called a Heathen. Interesting. I will refrain from responding. Some things don't deserve a response The prevailing monotheisms view a heathen as someone who does not worship the God of Judaism, Christianity, or Islam. These prevailing religions also generally look upon polytheists, pantheists, and worshippers of personified deities as heathens.

And common usage of heathen often implies ignorance about prevailing religions rather than informed rejection of their beliefs.

You are actually a self-professed atheist/agnostic, so I apologize and am truly sorry if heathen offended you.