PDA

View Full Version : Gas/Arab Question

Bubbles
11-19-2004, 03:38 PM
So I'm reading the local paper the other day. On the front page was this man of Pakistani descent, who owns five gas stations around here. He had gotten watched by the FBI for suspicious handling of his massive amount of money (Apparently, he was trying to get an Arabian friend of his into the country. By what means, I don't know), and was forced to turn over a few of the gas stations.

In the article, it also mentioned the fact that while Americans must pay money to run gas stations of their own, immigrants like the two men above actually receive a grant to start them off.

Questions: Why are we giving money to people that can potentially harm us? And couldn't terrorists use this to their advantage?

Maybe I'm just clueless, I don't know, but this made me think.

kenwoodallpromos
11-19-2004, 04:57 PM
Since WW11 the plan has been to hop around to the cheapest labor markets and allow surface benefits to those countries. We already used up the Far East, are in China, and are currently in India-Pakistan. Next stop Middle East after Bush democratizes and rebuilds it.
Last stop will be Africa, so we do not get involved with problems there yet.
Your lifetime will see Africans doing the kind of cheap labor in Africa like they did here just after the civil war.

kenwoodallpromos
11-19-2004, 05:05 PM
An Integrating World Economy

According the World Bank's World Development Report 1995, Workers in an Integrating World in 1970 only a few developing countries in Asia had opened their economy to world trade, an additional one-third of all the world's workers lived in countries with centrally planned economies largely isolated from the world economy. By the year 2000 the World Bank estimates that fewer than 10 percent of the world's workers will be isolated from and increasingly integrated world economy.

According the World Bank's analysis, the continued integration of the world's economy will be driven by the following forces.

Technological change will continue to drive down communications and transportation costs.

****Decreasing political conflict in areas ranging from Europe, to the Middle East and South Africa will make moving goods and capital across borders easier.

Countries will continue to abandon an import substitution strategy of development, where domestic industries are protected from foreign competition, and will instead seek expanded trade. Since 1986, sixty developing countries have unilaterally liberalized trade and 24 have joined GATT (General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade. (World Bank, 1995, p.51).

Capital will continue to become increasingly mobile, gross capital flows have increased from 7 to 9 percent of GDP in developing countries in the last twenty years. (World Bank, 1995, p.52).

kenwoodallpromos
11-19-2004, 05:09 PM
If you remember your world history, trade inroads are usually attempted by peace and then force is used if neccessary to get the goods or labor. Almost always true and still is.

Bubbles
11-19-2004, 07:23 PM
So let me get this straight: The economy is more important than the survival of Americans.

I understand what you're saying, Ken, but the safety of the people of the US of A has to merit some consideration here.

kenwoodallpromos
11-20-2004, 03:57 AM
I'm just reporting facts here.
My opinion is the goal should be a balance between economic growth and humanity.
As to your gas station situation, why were the stations lost? There are high taxes to be paid by the station owners for their taxes and for the very high taxes on a gallon of gas.
Any sales or excise tax a business collects has to be in turn paid, usually quarterly. Business property can be in danger if the tax is not paid.
As far as Pakistani terrorists, I have not really heard about that.
As far as grants to start businesses, there are some available to Americans depending on the business owner's qualifications.
My sense is that grants and loans are hard to qualify for because the Govt wants to look good by having programs but does not want to pay out massive money to fund them.
My sister got a Govt home loan for low income but it was a big hassle. I got a student loan once but it took a year to get.
If looking for terrorists in the U.S. the place to look is in mosques and other types of Muslim group meetings, like Muslim Student Unions. That is where I found some potential terrorist breeding grounds and radical thought.
If you have not already, you may want to read how Mohammad started his terrorist activities.

kenwoodallpromos
11-20-2004, 04:02 AM
Irvine Muslim Football League Teams Named "Intifada" and "Mujahideen"
Written by the ChronWatch Founder, Jim Sparkman
Wednesday, December 10, 2003

The liberal media can't be protective enough of the civil rights of those of Muslim origin. The San Francisco Chronicle is far more interested in dredging up perceived injustices against Islamists than it is in catching terrorists or even acknowledging that the threat invariably comes from within the Muslim population. (read this editorial) Meanwhile, the Muslims don't make us feel any better in that they don't decry the terrorist violence that originates from segments of their own people. As a case in point, note this story about a Muslim football league in Irvine that was set up to promote understanding. It is from the Oakland Tribune with an Associated Press by-line.

IRVINE -- It was planned as a way to bring young athletes together for a weekend of fun, but when participants in the Muslim football tournament started naming their teams Intifada, Soldiers of Allah, and Mujahideen, Jewish leaders took offense.

Intifada, ''uprising'' in Arabic, is the term used by Palestinians for their revolts against Israeli occupation from 1987 to 1993 and over the past three years. The recent intifada has seen numerous suicide bombings by Palestinian militants. Mujahideen means holy warrior.

kenwoodallpromos
11-20-2004, 04:09 AM
http://www.immigrantsforamerica.com/islam.watch.html
News about radical Islam, including in the USA.