PDA

View Full Version : Is there a more 'modern' version of MPH?

sq764
11-18-2004, 10:59 PM
I have toyed with MPH of late and really like the results for Mountaineer. I was curious what Windows program (if any) would most closely resemble an updated version of MPH?

If possible, a semi-fully automated version of MPH??

Tom
11-18-2004, 11:31 PM
HTR.
Written by the same guy.

midnight
11-23-2004, 06:57 PM
HTR does a few things slightly differently than MPH did, but as said it's written by the same guy, and it has a large legion of happy users. I use it, and I'm not even a pace handicapper.

sq764
11-23-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by midnight
HTR does a few things slightly differently than MPH did, but as said it's written by the same guy, and it has a large legion of happy users. I use it, and I'm not even a pace handicapper.
I have heard HTR is a nice program, but I don't play enough to justify the data costs.. Not trying to start a war on data costs :-)..Just stating that I only play 1-2 times a week..

Tom
11-23-2004, 10:11 PM
Have you looked at MultiCaps - BRIS free software? They have some of the same type of numbers in there that MPH outputs. You buy single fiels as you need them.

sq764
11-23-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Tom
Have you looked at MultiCaps - BRIS free software? They have some of the same type of numbers in there that MPH outputs. You buy single fiels as you need them.

I'd rather take a few minutes to pick pacelines on MPH.. (And save my money for beer and poker)