PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try this trainer profile site?

andicap
11-18-2004, 11:03 AM
trainer-profiles.com

covers quite a few meets and it's not all that expensive.
No idea if the stuff is accurate tho. He updates profiiles every two weeks which is nice, but sometimes too late to catch a short-term pattern.
Goes into lots of detail about trainer's winning races.

One issue is that the moves are not in context. In other words he'll let you know a trainer has won several times at the meet off a 30-45 day layoff and two of those times he had a bullet work. But you won't know how many times the trainer actually ran off that layoff pattern. 2-2 is different than 2-5.
And there's no indication on which moves a trainer is absolutely pathetic at, just at what he's winning with.

Moves could be used in context with BRIS broad trainer stats tho to get a better snapshot of trainer's work.

All in all, probably worth a look for those of you wanting to do more trainer handicapping but lack the time or db.

hurrikane
11-18-2004, 12:11 PM
Maybe I"m not seeing it andi, or you are just very right. there is no context. Just results by trainer....

andicap
11-18-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by hurrikane
Maybe I"m not seeing it andi, or you are just very right. there is no context. Just results by trainer....

What's your opinion of the value of the information for the money? ($9 a month/track and $30 for all of them).

ceejay
11-18-2004, 01:28 PM
If you're looking for high-quality stats at a low price, I think that Turfday's are now only $9.95/month for all tracks via Youbet.

andicap
11-18-2004, 01:47 PM
Do you have to subscribe to YouBet?

ceejay
11-18-2004, 01:57 PM
I think so.

CapperLou
11-20-2004, 01:40 PM
It might be worth doing some playing at Youbet to get turfday's stuff for 9,95 a month. Turfday wants about $75 a month for total access otherwise.

How much does youbet require you play with them per month to get this added benefit? Hope someone here knows.

All the best,

CapperLou

CapperLou
11-20-2004, 01:43 PM
On another note---Karlskorner mentioned a publication called Trackside that he receives in the mail in Florida. I asked for moreinfo on that thread, but did not hear from him or anyone else.

Does anyone know how to contact Trackside to get theri publication on trainers etc.

Thanks.

All the best,

CapperLou

Tom
11-20-2004, 03:39 PM
At YouBet, after you pay the monthly charge to use the site (or wager enough to get a waiver of the fee) the stats are available on the program, similar to Formulator 4.0 - you click on the jock or trainer's name in the program and get pop up stats.
BTW, YouBet has a new feature - you can watch video from two tracks at the same time. Now I can lose twice as much money every day!:rolleyes:

hurrikane
11-20-2004, 08:57 PM
I think to get any value out of it you would have to pull the data down in a db and put into some kind of context.

CapperLou
11-20-2004, 09:08 PM
When Tom mentioned that you only get the stuff from each race as in the form etc., that turned me off.

Hurricane--you are right--you need to put it into a database and do stuff with it----and that's the deal they have for $75 a month which I think is overpriced--not saying it is not good, but a little steep for my money.

All the best,

CapperLou