PDA

View Full Version : Clinton Library Opens

JustRalph
11-18-2004, 10:38 AM
The Bill Clinton Library opens today........here is a picture from the opening ceremonies. The official Clinton Library mascot greets people outside while "Devil in the blue Dress" plays in the background.........

boxcar
11-18-2004, 12:37 PM
Shouldn't you have said, "The Clinton Liebury", considering this was the Great Prevaricator, and both he and Hillary were so adept at concealing (burying) the facts about so many issues?

May it rain cat and dogs on his legacy and his parade today!

Boxcar

JustMissed
11-18-2004, 12:52 PM
Liebury, that's great.LMAO.

As a point of order would you please refer to bill clinton as :

Impeached former president bill clinton. Using lower case.

I think when a president has been impeached they should lose any formal respects.

Thanks,

JM

Equineer
11-18-2004, 01:05 PM
It was an inspiring moment when President Bush, Laura, and their daughters made their way up the steps in the receiving line with hundreds of other Republican pilgrims, and finally knelt to pay their respects to Bill and Hillary.

formula_2002
11-18-2004, 01:16 PM
Looking at Bush and Clinton today, I thought, there goes one guy who doesn't know the truth and another that once lied about it.

And after another momment I though, much like the rest of us....

Tom
11-18-2004, 02:03 PM
Highlights of the Liebury:

1. Condom machine in the lobby
2. Cigar store (heh,heh,heh)
3. Walk in hummidor
4. Stain remover on sale in the gift shop
5. One of the Nautalis Machines Hillary broke
6. Complete collection of Hustler Magazine, from Issue #1
7. The first pair of shoes the Clintons ever wore (first inauguration)
8. Wheelbarrow full of dirt, in case Bill wants to plant some more "Flowers"
9. Super-sized Hefty Bags in the gift shop, in case James Carville wants to take out the trailer park trash
10. Spider hole in the basement, with a suprise "guest" inside.

boxcar
11-18-2004, 02:14 PM
I'm wonderin' if the joint will feature a photo gallery of the infamous affair -- or perhaps better yet, an interactive display??? :D

Boxcar

Big Bill
11-18-2004, 04:41 PM
Equineer,

On another thread on this same subject you said, "Bill is still the most compelling politician of our age." I'm wondering what you read and what you listened to during the eight years he was in office. It sure wasn't what I was reading or listening to. Neal Boortz has summarized your "compelling politician's" eight years on his web site today as follows:

"Bill Clinton's presidential library opens this week, and the contents of the displays are being made public for the first time. The media and onlookers have taken a keen interest in just how the exhibits will handle the impeachment portion of his presidency. Will the Clinton library, as in the case of Richard Nixon's, present the facts and allow people to draw their own conclusions? What? Are you crazy?

"Just as in his presidential memoir, the lies, deception and stonewalling continue, and Bill Clinton has decided to use his presidential library exhibits to settle scores. How nice. Let's take a look at a few.

"Apparently the exhibits repeatedly take aim at Newt Gingrich, and one characterizes his impeachment this way: "The impeachment battle was not about the Constitution or the rule of law, but was instead a quest for power that the president's opponents could not win at the ballot box." Oh really? That sounds so neat and tidy, doesn't it? The problem is, it's a lie. The impeachment battle was about a sitting president of the United States lying under oath.

"Here's the Cliff Notes version: Bill Clinton made a huge deal .. big ceremony and all .. out of signing a piece of legislation that gave women who were victims of sexual harassment on the job access to the federal courts. He then lied under oath in order to deny a women who was subjected to sexual harassment on the job her access to the courts under the very law he had signed with so much fanfare. If you believe that a president should be allowed to commit perjury in order to deny a citizen access to legal process, then you are beyond hope.

"I think that Newt Gingrich's spokesperson pretty much got it right: "Why should anyone expect that a dishonest administration would produce an honest library? It looks like we have the first 'I pity me' presidential library." The library also has exhibits that attack Kenneth Starr, including one that says "Starr repeatedly expanded the scope of his investigation. Witnesses complained that Starr and his staff would threaten them with jail in an attempt to get them to change their stories. In January 1998, Starr began to look into the President's testimony about his relationship with Monica Lewinsky." Another lie.... It was Janet Reno and a panel of judges repeatedly expanded the scope of his investigation, as the circle of corruption grew wider.

"Our cursory look at the Clinton library hasn't yet revealed any exhibits about Clinton raping Juanita Broaddrick, or the sexual harassment of Kathleen Willey? We'll keep looking. After all, Clinton has never personally denied raping Broaddrick, so why not make it a part of the library exhibits? Maybe a bloody pillowcase. The most corrupt presidency in the history of the United States now has a library that is being used to settle political scores.

"We shouldn't expect anything less, should we?"

Big Bill

Equineer
11-18-2004, 06:16 PM
Big Bill,

You have been primed by partisan commentary.

Public displays/presentations are the tip of the iceburg at Presidential libraries and are not prepared by objective scholars.

Now that Clinton's library has opened, federal archivists will begin serious work on the records of the Clinton administrations.

In a few years, scholars will render an opinion on the Clinton library.

With respect to previous libraries, scholars are moderately satisfied with all except Nixon's... the detailed records of Nixon's administrations remain under lock and key... never released to the federal archivists (who work at all the libraries).

You seem concerned with the prurient aspects of each Presidency that are always sanitized for public consumption.

However, scholars will focus on serious matters. Historians will eventually publish plenty of information about whatever they deem meaningful.

Big Bill
11-18-2004, 08:51 PM
Equineer,

<You have been primed by partisan commentary.>

That is probably an accurate observation. I admit to being a conservative Republican. Therefore, the commentary I read and listen to will be the commentary of the pundits that appeal to my political beliefs and opinions. But probably not any more or less than leftist Democrats are primed by partisan commentary.

<In a few years, scholars will render an opinion on the Clinton library.>

I will be waiting for those scholarly opinions. If Hillary will indeed be a presidential candidate in '08, I suspect that we be showered with partisan scholarly opinions. <g>

I truly appreciated you viewpoint.

Big Bill

Equineer
11-18-2004, 09:44 PM
Big Bill,

let me add...

We encounter partisanship in both what critics say and what is portrayed in library presentations. Like others, Clinton's library was funded by private (partisan?) contributions. Because of this, we probably shouldn't expect total candor from privately funded public exhibits, especially those that are almost embedded as part of the structures.

formula_2002
11-18-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Big Bill
Equineer,

The impeachment battle was about a sitting president of the United States lying under oath.

Big Bill

Last I looked, an impeachment is but an indictment which can lead to trial. He was judged in the senate and found not guilty.

Sounds to me that we wasted a lot of our time on the wrong stuff.

Steve 'StatMan'
11-18-2004, 10:22 PM
You can be assured when the G.W. Bush's Presidential Library will NOT have a special screening room for F-911. ;)

The only question is, will a grey haired, wheelchair-bound Michael Moore still be bothering people outside 20 years later?

Tom
11-18-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Steve'StatMan'BTW
You can be assured when the G.W. Bush's Presidential Library will NOT have a special screening room for F-911. ;)

The only question is, will a grey haired, wheelchair-bound Michael Moore still be bothering people outside 20 years later?

He'll be running them down on his "rascal!" :D

Tom
11-18-2004, 11:40 PM
If you want to to call the Clinton Liebury, the number is 1-900-.....:rolleyes:

Seriously, since this Liebury is the story of Bill Clinton, is it any wonder that it is a TWO story building? ;)

Steve 'StatMan'
11-18-2004, 11:55 PM
TWO story building! Another good one! (LieBury's classic too!)

That picture - is that 'male' character a naked version of the Little Caesar's Pizza Man?

"Pan! Pan!"
"Pizza! Pizza!"
"Lotsa! Lotsa!"

Steve 'StatMan'
11-19-2004, 12:15 AM
Well, maybe a little from the front:

http://www.littlecaesars.com/

JustRalph
11-19-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by formula_2002
Last I looked, an impeachment is but an indictment which can lead to trial. He was judged in the senate and found not guilty.

Sounds to me that we wasted a lot of our time on the wrong stuff.

Formula.........you still don't get it. The trial occurred in the Senate. He was found not guilty.......but he was "Impeached"

When the history books are written he will join a few sordid names from the past who were "Impeached"

The thing is, his will be the only one anybody will ever want to read about because his is filled lies and Sex. His legacy for all eternity was cemented in Blow jobs and an act of sodomy with a cigar. Nothing he ever did will outlive his disgraceful acts. That is the truth. He can paint it anyway he wants in his library. He can call it whatever in interviews, he is a cad and for the rest of history he and his family will have to live with it. Including precious Chelsea and her children to come. Worship at the throne of Mr. Clinton all you want............it wasn't a waste of time, it was a wake up call and the Repubs are still reaping the benefits of revealing who he really was. Remember Al Gore refusing to have Clinton Campaign with him? Huh? If you don't think it had an impact on the Dem party, you are ignoring some serious facts. Bill Clinton lost Congress (before the Impeachment) after his party held Congress for forty years. He lost both sides. The majority in the House and Senate has remained Republican since. Do you think that is just coincidence? No it is not. Bill Clinton and his phony baby boomer, oh what the hell lifestyle and attitude changed how the Dems are looked at. And it effects them today.............it wasn't a waste of time.........

kenwoodallpromos
11-19-2004, 05:00 PM
News people say Hillary can use it to run for Pres.
I guess Bill wants to be "First Lewdie" LOL.

Steve 'StatMan'
11-20-2004, 10:42 PM
From The Late Show with David Letterman, Top Ten Things Overheard At The Opening Of The Clinton Memorial Library

http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/top_ten/archive/ls_topten_archive2004/ls_topten_archive_20041119.shtml

kenwoodallpromos
11-20-2004, 11:52 PM
I heard Monica was absent because she was afraid of getting her dress wet. LOL.

formula_2002
11-21-2004, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by JustRalph
Formula.........you still don't get it. The trial occurred in the Senate. He was found not guilty.......but he was "Impeached"

THE UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION
Article 2, Section 4
The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

It was a waste of our time as a country...

formula_2002
11-21-2004, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by JustRalph
When the history books are written he will join a few sordid names from the past who were "Impeached"

Events Leading to Impeachment: (Of Andrew Johnson)

A series of bitter political quarrels between President Johnson and Radical Republicans in Congress over Reconstruction policy in the South eventually led to his impeachment.

http://www.historyplace.com/unitedstates/impeachments/johnson.htm

As far a Nixion goes (whom I voted for Twice, in different elections ofcourse). He resigned before they found him guilty.