PDA

View Full Version : SPEED DEMON

John
11-18-2004, 08:45 AM
By the way,speaking of Mike Pizzolla, a few months ago on ebay there was a book authored by MP called "Speed Demon" I was outbid for it.. Anybody ever read it. If you have it can I read it or buy it.......Thanks

John

headhawg
11-18-2004, 03:11 PM
John,

I have not heard of a book by MP by that name, but Bob Pandolfo wrote something called the Speed Demon System. It used a combination of Beyers and the SR+TV to get the contenders. I didn't have much luck with it (no surprise there).

HH

John
11-18-2004, 05:45 PM
Headhawg

Thanks for the Heads up, You are right it was Bob Pandolfo, After reading all the posts About MP, He must be on my brain.

Sorry to hear that you could not win a few bets from the book.ITs that bad huh.

headhawg
11-18-2004, 07:56 PM
John,

In all fairness, I didn't give it a real shot. There were a number of steps to go through starting with obtaining a paceline based on Beyer figs, and then using that race to get the SR+TV number. That was the starting point. Then it was adding or subtracting points based on post position, blinkers, trainer win%, the usual stuff.

Truth be told, you probably saved money. I may get around to attempting to program Speed Demon into Equisim v5 so that I can avoid the manual calculations and do a real test, but it may not be possible to do so. If I get that done and the system shows promise I'll shoot you a PM.

HH

John
11-18-2004, 09:42 PM
Thanks Headhawg, I appreciate it. The best of luck with your software.