PDA

View Full Version : Since we are throwing hypos around..

superfecta
11-16-2004, 01:04 AM
How about this hypothetical.We need to control our borders.Would you support the policy of "shoot to kill" anyone who would try and cross into this country illegally?Assume you are stationed at the border and are told to kill anyone coming across illegally.Could you shoot unarmed men, women ,and children wanting freedom?Its a severe stretch,but if the person coming across feels this country is their only hope of suvival,that is the only way you would stop them.

sq764
11-16-2004, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by superfecta
How about this hypothetical.We need to control our borders.Would you support the policy of "shoot to kill" anyone who would try and cross into this country illegally?Assume you are stationed at the border and are told to kill anyone coming across illegally.Could you shoot unarmed men, women ,and children wanting freedom?Its a severe stretch,but if the person coming across feels this country is their only hope of suvival,that is the only way you would stop them.

This is a good start..

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TRAVEL/11/15/border.security.ap/index.html

superfecta
11-16-2004, 01:40 AM
But you didn't answer the question.....alot of people cry about the inflow of illegals,but how far would they want to go to stop it?

sq764
11-16-2004, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by superfecta
But you didn't answer the question.....alot of people cry about the inflow of illegals,but how far would they want to go to stop it?

I think shoot to kill is totally unneeded at this point. I haven't seen a lot of Mexican terrorists of late, so I think that would be a little overboard.

With that being said, there needs to be better enforcement of the borders, no doubt. I am not quite sure how you solidify the borders... Maybe we should study how other countries do it.

boxcar
11-16-2004, 12:53 PM
superfecta wrote:

What's wrong with building another great wall? It has worked for China. It worked in Europe right up until the death of communism in eastern Europe and it was torn down.
And it's working to a large degee in Israel, as it has been responsible for a large reduction of terrorist attacks.

And here's another big plus to my idea: Consider all the jobs that kind of construction would create...and for quite a while to boot. For after we get done in the south, we could build one in the north to divide Canada from us.

Sometimes the solutions to these kinds of problems just aren't that difficult to figure out. It's only when lawyers and politicians stand between the questions and the reasonable answers.

Boxcar

superfecta
11-16-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by sq764
I think shoot to kill is totally unneeded at this point. I haven't seen a lot of Mexican terrorists of late, so I think that would be a little overboard.

With that being said, there needs to be better enforcement of the borders, no doubt. I am not quite sure how you solidify the borders... Maybe we should study how other countries do it. I think its extreme as well,but maybe we need a export policy as well?Buy ourselves a country and send all our dead weight to a place where they can learn to be more productive citizens.the only reason other countries don't have a serious problem with immigration is the fact they are not US.

Secretariat
11-16-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by boxcar
superfecta wrote:

What's wrong with building another great wall? It has worked for China. It worked in Europe right up until the death of communism in eastern Europe and it was torn down.
And it's working to a large degee in Israel, as it has been responsible for a large reduction of terrorist attacks.

And here's another big plus to my idea: Consider all the jobs that kind of construction would create...and for quite a while to boot. For after we get done in the south, we could build one in the north to divide Canada from us.

Sometimes the solutions to these kinds of problems just aren't that difficult to figure out. It's only when lawyers and politicians stand between the questions and the reasonable answers.

Boxcar

Quote 2007 from the President of Mexico..."Mr. Bush, tear down that wall!"

boxcar
11-16-2004, 01:15 PM
Secretariat wrote:

Quote 2007 from the President of Mexico..."Mr. Bush, tear down that wall!"

And Bush would counter with:

"Mr. Vicente Fox, move up in the world and become something more than a second rate, corrupt third world country for once in Mexico's history."

Boxcar

kenwoodallpromos
11-16-2004, 01:45 PM
Could you shoot unarmed men, women ,and children wanting freedom?Its a severe stretch,but if the person coming across feels this country is their only hope of suvival?

I would shoot them, but first taser and baton them and take away their water. LOL.
cc: Wolf Blitzer.

Tom
11-17-2004, 12:04 AM
1. 20 mile "No Be Here Zone
2. Mine fileds
3. Attack dogs
4. Armed guards, yes, to shoot.
5. No dropping them back off one the other side of the border. Jail.

Whatever it takes to secure the borders.

6. Regime change in Mexico. Fox is a thug and a criminal. Take him out.

Once the borders are secure, we can address those illegals already here.

Al Qeada already has people in the US via the porous border. And plans for more. Bush would call them "guest workers?"

Those that want freedom have two choices:
1. Legally immigate here - the process exists, and it benifits both the immigrant and the US. Legal immigration is a good thing.
2. Do like the Americans did....make your ouwn country better.