View Full Version : GOP 2008 dream ticket

DJofSD
11-15-2004, 07:07 PM
Condi for pres and Arnold for VP.

Cha-ching!

DJofSD

boxcar
11-15-2004, 08:18 PM
Nah...I'd dearly love to see Condi and Linda Chavez -- two minority women. Then I'd watch the Dems, Women's Rights Groups, etc. drown in their own sea of hypocrisy and lies.

Boxcar

DJofSD
11-15-2004, 08:26 PM
Linda Chavez works for me!

DJofSD

boxcar
11-15-2004, 09:02 PM
DJofSD writes:

Linda Chavez works for me!

DJofSD

Hey...the ticket is already off to a smashing start. Two votes coming right out the chute (actually make that 3, for my wife would go along with this ticket, too). :)

Boxcar

DJofSD
11-15-2004, 09:09 PM
OK. So it'll be Condi and Linda.

This will be against Hillary and whom?

DJofSD

boxcar
11-15-2004, 10:03 PM
DJofSD asks:

Her unfaithful hubby Slickster? I think he'd be able to run on the ticket with her, wouldn't he?

Boxcar

sq764
11-15-2004, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by boxcar
DJofSD asks:

Her unfaithful hubby Slickster? I think he'd be able to run on the ticket with her, wouldn't he?

Boxcar

Bring back Edwards for 2008... I think you could run Scott Pederson against him and he would win 75% of the vote..

Shacopate
11-15-2004, 11:49 PM
Hillary and Barrack Obama?

Or Clinton/Gore 2?

DJofSD
07-13-2012, 11:39 AM
Bump. And grind.

Wagergirl
07-13-2012, 11:44 AM
Bump. And grind.

dang you had to go way back to get this thread. are you bored??

DJofSD
07-13-2012, 12:06 PM
No. Just stick around, you'll see.

rastajenk
07-13-2012, 12:45 PM
I guess Condi's getting some new VP love from Romneyville.

But that Shacopate mentioning BO in 2004 is pretty impressive.

Jay Trotter
07-13-2012, 02:26 PM
Condi for pres and Arnold for VP.

Cha-ching!

DJofSDIs Arnold able to run for VP? I don't know -- I'm asking.

DJofSD
07-13-2012, 02:31 PM
Is Arnold able to run for VP? I don't know -- I'm asking.
Qualifications here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vice_President_of_the_United_States) in the section labeled "Selection Process."

Arnold is not able to run for VP.

Tom
07-13-2012, 03:06 PM
Ahhh-Nold can vrun for vhatever he vants to vrun!
Asta la veesta, babee!
He'll be baaaaaack!

DJofSD
07-13-2012, 03:08 PM
Ahhh-Nold can vrun for vhatever he vants to vrun!
Asta la veesta, babee!
He'll be baaaaaack!
God, I hope not!

But, if he does, I hope he does it with clothes on this time.

bigmack
07-13-2012, 03:23 PM
Arnold exhibited exponential extension in equal opportunity schtupping. Not because she was Mexican. Because she was a stone-cold beast.

http://www.televisioninternet.com/news/pictures/patty-baena-mistress.jpg

Jay Trotter
07-13-2012, 03:47 PM
Qualifications here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vice_President_of_the_United_States) in the section labeled "Selection Process."

Arnold is not able to run for VP.Thanks, that's what I thought. The question then is with regard to "chain of command"....

1 Vice President
2 Speaker of the House
3 President pro tempore of the Senate
4 Secretary of State

...if one of the people down the list actually was in line would they be passed over if they weren't born in the US?

Actor
07-13-2012, 05:57 PM
Thanks, that's what I thought. The question then is with regard to "chain of command"....

1 Vice President
2 Speaker of the House
3 President pro tempore of the Senate
4 Secretary of State

...if one of the people down the list actually was in line would they be passed over if they weren't born in the US?Yes.

PaceAdvantage
07-13-2012, 08:06 PM
I like the idea of Condi as running mate. Although both can be seen as a bit "stiff" when it comes to personality. The esteemed Governor from New Jersey is the opposite of "stiff" when it comes to personality, and would probably be a much better choice in that regard to offset Romney. But Condi has been praised at times by both Republicans and Democrats, so there is something to be said for that...and there is no way in hell anyone can call her "dumb," as liberals are apt to do to conservative women.

Marshall Bennett
07-13-2012, 08:26 PM
I like the idea of Condi as running mate. Although both can be seen as a bit "stiff" when it comes to personality. The esteemed Governor from New Jersey is the opposite of "stiff" when it comes to personality, and would probably be a much better choice in that regard to offset Romney. But Condi has been praised at times by both Republicans and Democrats, so there is something to be said for that...and there is no way in hell anyone can call her "dumb," as liberals are apt to do to conservative women.
I believe his choice of choosing Condi would be wiser than McCain choosing Palin, by a mile.

PaceAdvantage
07-13-2012, 08:29 PM
I believe his choice of choosing Condi would be wiser than McCain choosing Palin, by a mile.Palin certainly wasn't the only one.

Tom
07-14-2012, 05:46 PM
*sing*

Rice, and Romney,
That San Franciscan treat.
Rice, and Romney,
The ticket can't be beat,
She's the woman who's got his back,
But more important, she is Black!
Rice, and Romney,
Obama can be beat!

Wagergirl
07-14-2012, 06:17 PM
*sing*

Rice, and Romney,
That San Franciscan treat.
Rice, and Romney,
The ticket can't be beat,
She's the woman who's got his back,
But more important, she is Black!
Rice, and Romney,
Obama can be beat!

is he the chicken or the mushroom?

fast4522
07-14-2012, 06:26 PM
All he has to do is get the hint and not! follow Obozo's lead and he will be unbeatable during a Romney reelection campaign.

Saratoga_Mike
07-14-2012, 06:57 PM

I think Condi Rice is too closely associated with GWB to be considered a strong running mate. I'd be shocked if Mitt Romney selects Chris Christie as his running mate. Christie would overshadow Romney with his bombastic personality, not exactly what you want in a veep running mate. I do think Christie's a great gov; he'll just never be president (or Romney's running mate).

bigmack
07-14-2012, 08:15 PM
I do think Christie's a great gov; he'll just never be president (or Romney's running mate).
Works for guido's (can I say that, guido?) but this kind of behavior ain't exactly national stage material & coitainly not VP er P.

zkzzHjq6wJI

elysiantraveller
07-15-2012, 12:03 AM
Rick Snyder....

My darkhorse pick.

Saratoga_Mike
07-15-2012, 03:48 PM
Rick Snyder....

My darkhorse pick.

"Balancing" the ticket with another former venture cap/private equity guy? Doubtful.

I'd like to see him select Bob Corker, but that's doubtful, too.

elysiantraveller
07-15-2012, 04:18 PM
"Balancing" the ticket with another former venture cap/private equity guy? Doubtful.

I'd like to see him select Bob Corker, but that's doubtful, too.

It A) gets him Michigan and B) balances out their stances on more controversial issues like the bailouts, tarp, Snyder has raised some taxes, etc etc.

He helps more than Condi does in my personal opinion. Condi doesn't fire up the base and her ties to Bush hurt her among moderates. She's a pragmatic Bushie.

I would really like to see Huntsman but that is definitely not happening.

PaceAdvantage
07-15-2012, 11:38 PM
I think Condi Rice is too closely associated with GWB to be considered a strong running mate.She's one of the few who somehow managed to walk away from the Bush years relatively unscathed...IMO

Robert Goren
07-16-2012, 12:13 AM
If it were Rice-Romney instead of Romney-Rice, I might even vote that ticket. I doubt if Romney-Rice happens. She is out of politics and from everything I have heard, she intends to stay out at least for now. Christie is not going to be it either. If he wanted to run this time around, he would be the one picking the VP. It will be some second term Senator or secon term Governor from a swing state that nobody except the political junkies have heard of. They will want somebody which has won in their state twice. Which one is anybody's guess. One thing is for sure, it will be the safest of safe choices and they will be really boring.

BlueShoe
07-16-2012, 12:27 PM
I like the idea of Condi as running mate.
I strongly dislike the idea of Condi as a running mate, and it has nothing to do with gender, race, or questions about sexuality, but all about politics. Condi is at best, a RINO, she is far from being a conservative, she is to the left of Romney, a moderate. Because of her close association with the Bush years she would be hammered by the Democrats with the tired old it was Bush's fault nonsense. She is very Establishment, with close ties to just about Big everything. She is a key member of the Council on Foreign Relations, an issue with some conservatives. While choosing Condi might win a few votes from moderate Democrats, women, independents, and perhaps a very few blacks, it would cost Romney support from the GOP right wing, which has always been cool toward Rice, and support Romney only because he is a better choice than Obama.

DJofSD
07-16-2012, 12:31 PM
Do you expect an outsider to get the veep nom?

She would offer foriegn policy experience.

I think she'd be a great attack dog.

Tom
07-16-2012, 12:42 PM
I think it is going to come down to either Boxcar or me.
It is what it is.

:cool:

Robert Goren
07-16-2012, 12:43 PM
I strongly dislike the idea of Condi as a running mate, and it has nothing to do with gender, race, or questions about sexuality, but all about politics. Condi is at best, a RINO, she is far from being a conservative, she is to the left of Romney, a moderate. Because of her close association with the Bush years she would be hammered by the Democrats with the tired old it was Bush's fault nonsense. She is very Establishment, with close ties to just about Big everything. She is a key member of the Council on Foreign Relations, an issue with some conservatives. While choosing Condi might win a few votes from moderate Democrats, women, independents, and perhaps a very few blacks, it would cost Romney support from the GOP right wing, which has always been cool toward Rice, and support Romney only because he is a better choice than Obama.So the right wing is going to vote for Obama or stay home on election day if Romney picks Rice? I can't see that happening even Romney picked Stalin as his running mate. Their hatred of Obama will not let either Hell or high water keep them from casting a vote for Romney. They may be holding their noses in the voting booth, but they will be voting for Romney anyway.

DJofSD
07-16-2012, 12:44 PM
Oh, I didn't know.

Where is that smoke filled back room are you guys are in?

PaceAdvantage
07-16-2012, 12:46 PM
Their hatred of Obama will not let either Hell or high water keep them from casting a vote for Romney.I don't hate Obama. I'd never vote for him, but I don't hate him.

I suspect most others here that you think "hate" Obama feel the same as me.

What kind of life do you lead that allows you to conjure up all of these fantastical images concerning other human beings?

DJofSD
07-16-2012, 12:56 PM
Mike, I believe this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection) is the answer to your question.

ArlJim78
07-16-2012, 01:11 PM
I wouldn't have any problem with Rice. She would add to the ticket. Romney is not a darling of the right wing anyway. I can't imagine people willing to go along with Romney at the top of the ticket but would bail out if he includes Rice underneath. that sounds far fetched imo.

Imagine the VP debate between Rice and Biden.:lol: a capable intelligent person against a confused mental midget like Biden.

In any case I think she has no shot of being selected. I think that leaking her name was in fact only a fund raising scheme timed to coincide with Romney's NAACP speech.

I'm bracing for the VP announcement to be a big disappointing yawner. Thune, Pawlenty, etc.

BlueShoe
07-16-2012, 01:30 PM
In any case I think she has no shot of being selected. I think that leaking her name was in fact only a fund raising scheme timed to coincide with Romney's NAACP speech.
Many have had the same thought, that the Condi speculation has been a plant, sort of a red herring type of thing, for whatever reasons. Rice has repeatedly stated that she would not accept a VP bid, and that she does not wish to return to politics.

NJ Stinks
07-16-2012, 08:44 PM
I don't hate Obama. I'd never vote for him, but I don't hate him.

What kind of life do you lead that allows you to conjure up all of these fantastical images concerning other human beings?

What kind of life does anyone have to lead to deduce that Obama is hated here by so many posters? You can draw a fine line and say you don't hate the guy personally. I didn't hate GWB personally either but I still hate the very thought that he got elected twice.

Goren got it right. "What kind of life do you lead..." :rolleyes:

Actor
07-16-2012, 11:52 PM

BoxcarNo he would not.

I take it that "Her" is Hillary and "Slickster" is Bill. Bill cannot run for V.P. because no one can be V.P. who is not qualified to be President. Bill has already served two terms and is thus not qualified.

Saratoga_Mike
07-17-2012, 10:31 AM
She's one of the few who somehow managed to walk away from the Bush years relatively unscathed...IMO

Very smart lady. I was disappointed in her performance under GWB, but my disappointment may be isolated, so perhaps you're right.

Valuist
07-17-2012, 12:09 PM
I don't hate Obama. I'd never vote for him, but I don't hate him.

Agree 100%. I'd watch a Bears or Bulls game with him. Just don't agree with his policies.

DJofSD
07-17-2012, 12:17 PM
Right. I think 4 years ago some of us even said we'd have a beer with the guy. I'd be less inclined to do so now, but, given the chance, I stll would -- I just would not pay for his.

ArlJim78
07-17-2012, 12:24 PM
Regarding Obama, I find nothing redeeming or likable about the guy. I've never seen a president so hell bent on bringing the country to it's knees, or one who basically never ever tells the truth. and forget about telling me that all politicians lie because while that is true there has never been a liar on the scene like Obama. also there has never been such a lawbreaker in the whitehouse, someone who could care less about laws passes by congress or the constitution for that matter. he thinks he's above it all and rules like the Chicago thug that he was trained to be. zero respect or admiration from me for someone who basically hates America.

DJofSD
07-17-2012, 12:33 PM
Regarding Obama, I find nothing redeeming or likable about the guy. I've never seen a president so hell bent on bringing the country to it's knees, or one who basically never ever tells the truth. and forget about telling me that all politicians lie because while that is true there has never been a liar on the scene like Obama. also there has never been such a lawbreaker in the whitehouse, someone who could care less about laws passes by congress or the constitution for that matter. he thinks he's above it all and rules like the Chicago thug that he was trained to be. zero respect or admiration from me for someone who basically hates America.
I understand where you are coming from.

I think for the first time in my life a politican affects me personally to the point I can now understand what I saw and heard from my parents many years ago. As a kid or even young adult, I did not really comprehend what caused the level of passion and concern when listening to the discussions and debates with relatives and friends of the family. As a father, I now understand.

But I'd still drink a beer with the dude. I guess it's the same kind of thing as seeing the result of a traffic accident. You know it's bad, maybe even tragic but you still have to look.

Tom
07-17-2012, 12:37 PM
I'd throw a beer in his face any day.
I hate the POS. How you not hate someone who is trying to destroy our country? He is garbage, 100% stinking garbage. The man is a liar and has no respect for anyone else - how Can I have any for him.

He is the enemy.
Treat him as such.

DJofSD
07-17-2012, 12:46 PM
From Lawrence of Arabia:

FEISAL
Ah, yes. But then Aurens is a sword with two edges. We are equally glad to be rid of him. Are we not?

ALLENBY
I thought I was a hard man, sir.

FEISAL
You are merely a general. I must be a king.

In a similar vein, I am trying to stay above the fray.