PDA

View Full Version : yankees joke

John
11-14-2004, 05:37 PM
Two boys are playing hockey on the pond on Boston Common, when one is attacked by a vicious Rottweiler.

Thinking quickly, the other boy took his hockey stick and managed to wedge it down the dog's collar and twist, luckily breaking the dog's neck and stopping its attack.

A reporter who was strolling by sees the incident, and rushes over to interview the boy.
"Young Bruins Fan Saves friend from Vicious Animal......" he starts writing in his notebook.

"But, I'm not a Bruins Fan," the little hero replied.

"Sorry, since we're in Boston, I just assumed your were," said the reporter and starts again.
"Red Sox Fan Rescues Friend from Horrific attack..." he continued writing in his notebook.

"I'm not a Red Sox fan either!" the boy said.

"I assumed everyone in Boston was either for the Bruins or the Red Sox. So, what team do you root for?" the reporter asked.

"I'm a Yankees fan!" the child beamed. The reporter starts a new sheet in his notebook and writes:

"Little Bastard from New York Kills Beloved Family Pet."

Bubbles
11-14-2004, 06:45 PM
Hate to burst the proverbial bubble, it's a great joke, but it's been told.

http://paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8494

However, being the anti-Yank I am, I appreciate the humor. Thanks for posting.

Suff
11-14-2004, 08:21 PM
http://www.nypost.com/sports/yankees/31969.htm

Behind him, as Steinberg spoke, the trophy glowed. For one brief shining moment, Red Sox Nation ruled New York

November 14, 2004 -- FOR George Stein brenner's sake, it was a good thing the Boss didn't amble into the distinguished Yale Club on Friday night.

Here, in the heart of Yankee Country, hundreds of Red Sox fans celebrated their team's first World Series victory in 86 years, and they did it in style, with the magnificent World Series trophy in their presence.

Imagine that: the Red Sox's World Series trophy standing tall over Manhattan.

These weren't just any Red Sox fans. These were BLOHARDS, which stands for the Benevolent Loyal Order of the Honorable Ancient Red Sox Die Hard Sufferers of New York. To reward them for their suffering, a small Red Sox contingent clandestinely brought the trophy down from Boston on the train.

"I don't know what we are going to do with ourselves now," said president and most beloved BLOHARD, Jim Powers, as he stood before the trophy, eyes aglow. "Being bitter is what we do best."

John
11-14-2004, 08:41 PM
SUFF

Get me a telephone number so I can call you. I don't care where in the world you are.

John

Suff
11-14-2004, 08:46 PM
John

I got back from Loiusianna a couple of days ago. I meant to Call you today. I just had dinner tonight with Peter at The Mt Vernon. I'm at Sullys House in Medford... I'll be with Peter tommorrow , I'll call you or check in with us.

John
11-14-2004, 09:19 PM
SUFF, I will try to get down there Tomorrow.I was planning on spending Tuesday with Peter and then pick up Charlie at the airport....