PDA

View Full Version : bush country 2004..and beyond

formula_2002
11-13-2004, 09:15 AM
Well, I'm off to the on track contest at AQU
and though I would hearten those who may have felt abused by one who disagrees with them.

http://www.hannity.com/img/usa_election_map.jpg

so.cal.fan
11-13-2004, 11:17 AM
Best of luck to you Formula_2002 in the contest!
Snare some good ones!

formula_2002
11-13-2004, 06:17 PM
Thanks so.cal
Just another typical day at the ranch..went 0 for 10 in the contest, but managed 4 for 4 in the real betting.

One more humbling day to go.

so.cal.fan
11-13-2004, 07:06 PM
Anyone who has the b**s to go into a contest deserves to win one way or another......I was in a small one in Vegas once.....couldn't stand the pressure.
Hope you get them tomorrow, or at least make some $$ with your bets.

formula_2002
11-14-2004, 09:27 AM
If one is to get the Hannity implied significance of that map,
one could also say;

"Looks like 51% of the Bush votes live in 90% of the land
while 48% of the Kerry votes live in but 10% of the land."

Perhaps the Kerry voters, living in comparatively close proximity to each other are cause to be more tolerant of each other, therefore the “liberal” label

fmazur
11-14-2004, 11:10 AM
Perhaps the Kerry voters, living in comparatively close proximity to each other are cause to be more tolerant of each other, therefore the “liberal” label

Not really. If you will check, you will find 80% to 90 % of all the murders, rapes, robberys, etc. also take place in the blue areas.

chickenhead
11-14-2004, 11:23 AM
It's harder to rob someone when you have to drive 2 hours to find another human.

Especially with gas prices being what they are.

so.cal.fan
11-14-2004, 11:29 AM
<Not really. If you will check, you will find 80% to 90 % of all the murders, rapes, robberys, etc. also take place in the blue areas.>

That is really a sad statistic......seems both red and blue should be very concerned with this......big cities have big problems....that need to be addressed.
:(

JustRalph
11-14-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by so.cal.fan
<Not really. If you will check, you will find 80% to 90 % of all the murders, rapes, robberys, etc. also take place in the blue areas.>:(

Wow! that says something huh? Interesting stat. Maybe it says more about human interaction than anything else..........

chickenhead
11-14-2004, 11:52 AM
Most Dangerous States: states with the highest per capita murder rate:

State:
Murder Rate per 100,000:

District of Columbia

Louisiana

Mississippi

Nevada

Alabama

Arkansas

Maryland

Tennessee

Illinois

chickenhead
11-14-2004, 11:53 AM
Safest States: states with the lowest per capita murder rate:

State:
Murder Rate per 100,000:

North Dakota

New Hampshire

South Dakota

Vermont

Iowa

Massachusetts

Utah

chickenhead
11-14-2004, 12:03 PM
these are 1997 numbers....now, I have no doubt that if you were to break this down into counties you would find that the per capita is higher in the urban "blue" areas.

But I thought the state breakdown was interesting enough as well, obviously there is much work to be done in the South.

boxcar
11-14-2004, 01:11 PM
fmazur wrote:

Not really. If you will check, you will find 80% to 90 % of all the murders, rapes, robberys, etc. also take place in the blue areas.

And not only that but you'll also find (as I have posted evidence on this forum in the past) that those blue areas, generally, ain't (forgive the venac) nearly as liberal with their charitable contributions as the blue areas.

You see, Liberalism is fine, providing the Liberals don't have to live under their own stinking rules and policies which they try to cram down everyone else's throat. (Malibu Babes comes immediately to mind).

Boxcar

chickenhead
11-14-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by boxcar
see, Liberalism is fine, providing the Liberals don't have to live under their own stinking rules and policies which they try to cram down everyone else's throat.

:confused:

explain?

formula_2002
11-14-2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by fmazur

Thats interesting.. can you present some back for it?

formula_2002
11-14-2004, 07:46 PM
Looks like Steve Wolfson JR won the contest again..

I finished with $0...

formula_2002
11-15-2004, 07:39 AM
Thinking about that map again.
A better way to represent “temperature” of the national vote would be to represent the vote by, say 10 gradient colors ranging from red to blue, each gradient representing perhaps a 1% differential between the vote for Kerry and Bush.

Equineer
11-15-2004, 11:10 AM
Washington Insiders Leak Selection Favorites

Secretary of State - Tom
Attorney General - Boxcar
Education Secretary - SQ764
Energy Secretary - Lefty
Secretary of Fonts (new) - PaceAdvantage
Secretary of Agriculture - Rudy Guliani
1st Supreme Court Nominee - Zell Miller

formula_2002
11-15-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Equineer

Secretary of State - Tom
Energy Secretary - Lefty

You would have to change those map colors to black and blue and add in the mountain ranges to represent the swollen welts.

Secretariat
11-15-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Equineer

Secretary of State - Tom
Energy Secretary - Lefty

lol...Yes, Tom's ability to deal directly with the UN puts him right up there for this post. Boxcar's no nonsense approach to the biblical justifications for slavery. SQ for Education Sec...uh...perfect... Lefty, will have a lot of energy to draw on from Yucca Mountain. However, when Rumsfeld retires I nominate Elkabong to take that for Swift Boat training videos and torture training, and JR has to fit in somewhere...Maybe Cheney's replacement. I think he could handle the profanity.

so.cal.fan
11-15-2004, 12:41 PM
What about Just Ralph and El Kabong?

How about the '08 Republican ticket!!!!!!

Both on the conservative side;)
Both good looking young guys:;)

Lefty
11-15-2004, 12:44 PM
sec, actually I have a plan to secretly drill in Anwar and all the other places in this country where there are large oil deposits.
I'm afraid by the time anything is actually stored at Yucca that I might be long gone. BTW, Kerry, in 87 voted for the Yucca project.

Tom
11-16-2004, 11:05 PM
You guys will want to have your DVRs or VHS machines on when I address the UN. :rolleyes:

JustRalph
11-17-2004, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by Tom
You guys will want to have your DVRs or VHS machines on when I address the UN. :rolleyes:

I would address the U.N. long enough to yell " Fire in the Hole"