PDA

View Full Version : Beat the Track

lefty359
12-08-2020, 05:54 PM
Anybody have a working cd of Beat the Track Software put out by Joe Zambuto. If so, pm me.
Thanks,
Chuck

Vinnie
12-08-2020, 07:58 PM
Lefty:

Greetings! Does Joe Zambuto still program and sell any versions of his horse racing software programs? Just curious. I remember that he put out some pretty well designed software in the not too distant past.

Partsnut
12-08-2020, 08:57 PM
Lefty:

Greetings! Does Joe Zambuto still program and sell any versions of his horse racing software programs? Just curious. I remember that he put out some pretty well designed software in the not too distant past.

Joe Zambuto is retired in NJ. His software requires an unlock code for each installation.
The only way to install his software and as far as I know, you have to be a customer of his and you are allowed just one installation for each individual computer. If you were a prior customer of his he will oblige you with a re-installation code for another computer.
If you are able to reach him, he will probably sell you a copy. Hopefully, it would be compatible with today's current operating systems.

Vinnie
12-08-2020, 11:13 PM
Hello Partsnut:

Thank you very much for the heads up on Joe Z. I will have to see if I can reach him. I should have purchased a program or two of his while they were still commercially available. From what I read about him, I always got the indication that his programming skills were totally top notch.

Speed Figure
12-09-2020, 12:03 AM
I did a custom program with Joe Z some 10 years ago. As far as I know he's done with horse racing! His programming was good, but he used a standard interface for all his programs. I ultimately stopped using it because switching from race to race would take around 30 to 40 seconds on windows once I switched to windows 7 and up. Using headhawgs scratch program will allow for printing a full card without the need to scratch one horse at a time which would take FOREVER! here's a print out of the MNR card from tonight. It still works pretty good, but I've updated it to something far BETTER!

Vinnie
12-09-2020, 12:55 PM
Speed:

Beautiful printout that you have generated there from one of your programs. Thanks for sharing. Looks very clean, precise and easy to read and use. :headbanger:

Speed Figure
12-09-2020, 06:09 PM
Speed:

Beautiful printout that you have generated there from one of your programs. Thanks for sharing. Looks very clean, precise and easy to read and use. :headbanger:
Thanks Vinnie! I totally forgot that the print outs were this good! Joe was always good with providing good print outs. The majority of the ratings I don't use anymore, but they still seem to do Ok.

TCR = Is class rating based on today’s racing surface.

ERA = Is a rating that tries to look at each horse as if there a major league pitcher, like a pitcher’s ERA. The lower the better.

O/U = Is a running style rating. Early horse's will be - off the pace horse will be +.

PC1, PC2 & PC3 deal with strictly with the running lines of each horse. Here's a print out at PEN! The 1st race just went off.

JimG
12-09-2020, 06:59 PM
Thanks Vinnie! I totally forgot that the print outs were this good! Joe was always good with providing good print outs. The majority of the ratings I don't use anymore, but they still seem to do Ok.

TCR = Is class rating based on today’s racing surface.

ERA = Is a rating that tries to look at each horse as if there a major league pitcher, like a pitcher’s ERA. The lower the better.

O/U = Is a running style rating. Early horse's will be - off the pace horse will be +.

PC1, PC2 & PC3 deal with strictly with the running lines of each horse. Here's a print out at PEN! The 1st race just went off.

Thanks for posting Speed. I'll try to follow along for awhile and see how it goes.

Jim

Vinnie
12-09-2020, 07:37 PM
Hello Speed:

Thank you for taking the time to write regarding some of the available ratings/output the program provides. Much appreciated. I hope that you and your family are well.... :headbanger:

Speed Figure
12-10-2020, 04:54 PM
Hello Speed:

Thank you for taking the time to write regarding some of the available ratings/output the program provides. Much appreciated. I hope that you and your family are well.... :headbanger:
All good Vinnie & thanks Jim!

chrisl
03-29-2022, 06:01 PM
New updated program is out. Good price IMO

lefty359
03-30-2022, 08:00 PM
New updated program is out. Good price IMO

Joe Z updaed his prgm? I can't find it.

tamaharbor
03-30-2022, 08:37 PM
https://handicap.jzambuto.com/Updates.htm