PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody have Equisim CD

JustRalph
11-23-2020, 09:33 PM
Does anybody have an Equisim CD?

For some reason after 15 yrs my software is asking for a CD. I have one......but it is denied due to a version problem.

If somebody has one.......if your not using it.....I can buy it.....or whatever.

Thanks in advance

Ralph

JimG
11-24-2020, 04:21 PM

For some reason after 15 yrs my software is asking for a CD. I have one......but it is denied due to a version problem.

If somebody has one.......if your not using it.....I can buy it.....or whatever.

Thanks in advance

Ralph

I could send you mine if I could find it but the version is old. The latest version Nathan handled by email and did not send out a disk. I did check mine after reading your note here and it still loads fine. Weird you are getting that message.

Jim

Mechanic
11-24-2020, 07:35 PM

Thanks in advance

Ralph

Are you trying to start from a shortcut? Have you tried starting from the .exe?

JustRalph
11-25-2020, 10:34 AM
Are you trying to start from a shortcut? Have you tried starting from the .exe?

Same outcome

JustRalph
11-25-2020, 10:36 AM
I could send you mine if I could find it but the version is old. The latest version Nathan handled by email and did not send out a disk. I did check mine after reading your note here and it still loads fine. Weird you are getting that message.

Jim

Jim, can you burn me a copy?

I would hate for the only disk you have to get lost.
Since it’s a defunct app I’m sure Nathan wouldn’t care. I really want it for the way it handles Bris pps

acorn54
11-25-2020, 11:54 AM
did you try to "run as administrator"? when downloading exe.

NormanTD
11-25-2020, 12:45 PM
Ralph, check your PM

JustRalph
11-25-2020, 05:48 PM
did you try to "run as administrator"? when downloading exe.

Yep. Thx

headhawg
11-25-2020, 06:54 PM
I really want it for the way it handles Bris ppsYeah, the way it displayed the PPs was excellent. And it had a built-in highlighter too. That was an idea from some user, but I can't remember his name. :lol:

JustRalph
11-25-2020, 09:46 PM
Yeah, the way it displayed the PPs was excellent. And it had a built-in highlighter too. That was an idea from some user, but I can't remember his name. :lol:

Brilliant!! :ThmbUp:

porchy44
11-26-2020, 06:24 AM
Executable of equisim never launched for me until I right clicked it and

"run the program in compatibility mode" for windows XP (Service Pack 3).

Vinnie
11-26-2020, 11:29 AM
Yeah, the way it displayed the PPs was excellent. And it had a built-in highlighter too. That was an idea from some user, but I can't remember his name. :lol:

:lol: You guys had a great amount of input in helping Nathan M. develop ES into what it would eventually become and that is one wonderful handicapping tool with a fantastic and easy to use interface. Love ES, and my wife is a superb handicapper with it. She uses the FV algorithms almost exclusively in her capping.

Appy
11-28-2020, 10:47 PM
I've wanted to talk to Nathan for quite awhile now but it seems he is entirely engrossed in whatever his new gig is. I'd like to try to make a deal with him. ESROI is just too good to let it wither away as technology leaves it behind on the basis of relatively irrelevant technicalities.

MrHarryNguyen
11-29-2022, 07:13 AM
hey guys, I'm new to horse racing and heard so much about equisim! I tried the demo but ran out of days and the site no longer works. I don't know what else to do and I really want the program!

JustRalph
11-29-2022, 10:03 AM
hey guys, I'm new to horse racing and heard so much about equisim! I tried the demo but ran out of days and the site no longer works. I don't know what else to do and I really want the program!

It’s defunct

The creator stopped supporting it 10 yrs ago.

No way to get it anymore

MrHarryNguyen
11-29-2022, 10:06 AM
I understand but I'm pretty sure the program still works tho.

MrHarryNguyen
11-29-2022, 10:57 AM
I'm willing to buy the CD if anyone has one. Thanks!

JustRalph
11-29-2022, 05:34 PM
thorotech@gmail.com

Is the last email I have for the creator……..Nathan.

Ralph

Longshot
11-29-2022, 05:49 PM
There are hundreds of handicappers who have Nathan to thank for one of the best handicapping software's ever created. There are so many things you can do with the software that are not available in any other.

Thank You Nathan,
"Longshot"
Keith

MrHarryNguyen
11-29-2022, 06:24 PM
Only thing I could do right now is reformat my computer every month to use the program. But yeah, when I first used it, I love how versatile is. Kinda reminds me of the Post Time Daily software but better. I still haven't found an alternative to it.

JoeLong
11-29-2022, 08:46 PM
Instead of reformatting your PC you could just run it in a Oracle VirtualBox (https://www.virtualbox.org/) (its free), make a new one each month, reinstall then move your files.

MrHarryNguyen
11-29-2022, 09:55 PM
Instead of reformatting your PC you could just run it in a Oracle VirtualBox (https://www.virtualbox.org/) (its free), make a new one each month, reinstall then move your files.

Wow, thank you for that. Forgot all about that!

MrHarryNguyen
11-30-2022, 12:11 PM
thorotech@gmail.com

Is the last email I have for the creator……..Nathan.

Ralph

Omg thank you so much he replied to me!

stok$$
12-01-2022, 12:49 AM
Omg thank you so much he replied to me!

MrHarry, Is EQUISM software still available? If so, how much does it cost?

porchy44
12-01-2022, 08:33 PM
Only thing I could do right now is reformat my computer every month to use the program..

Search a small utility program called "runasdate".

MrHarryNguyen
12-01-2022, 09:41 PM
I already got the licensed version, thanks!

JustRalph
12-02-2022, 01:22 AM
I already got the licensed version, thanks!

Nathan provided it?

MrHarryNguyen
12-02-2022, 08:38 AM
Nathan provided it?

Yessir! Thank you Ralph!

headhawg
12-02-2022, 11:24 AM
MrHarry. Here is my PCR template that you requested. ES was a great program. Good luck to you.

JustRalph
12-02-2022, 08:16 PM
Yessir! Thank you Ralph!

Cherish the small victories!