PDA

View Full Version : Pocket PCs

Larry Hamilton
11-10-2004, 07:15 PM
Here is a solution to many of our common problems. I can download (and do) my betting query to Excel. Today, I bought a Pocket pC H 1945 from HP. This handy little gizmo will accept the entire spread sheet from my desk top without any increase in the standard features.

I am aware that the 1945 is a technological dynosaur, but it does the job and is hundreds of dollars cheaper than the new ones that do everything including act as a trolling motor.

Anyways, when I go to the track, I can download the whole bet sheet to this thing, smaller than a pack of smokes, and all the data I may need.....neat stuff guys. Can you imagine going to the track with EVERYTHING IN YOUR SHIRT POCKET? That leaves both hands free for beer.

ceejay
11-10-2004, 07:30 PM
And how often do you actually go to the track, Larry?

Larry Hamilton
11-10-2004, 07:36 PM
well, lets see, the last time was when Silver Charm won the Pacific Classic for two year olds....I plan to do better

JustRalph
11-10-2004, 10:04 PM
I have actually used my Pocket Pc (Dell Axiom) to make a few bets via winticket.com. While at the mall the other day I was sitting in a restaurant watching odds on a couple of horses via the free local wireless network provided by the mall. I didn't play but could have easily.

It's not your daddy's racing game anymore.