PDA

View Full Version : Exporting from DRF Formulator 4.0

Paging
11-07-2004, 04:13 AM
Hello Everyone,

First post on this forum and perhaps someone can point me in the right direction or provide a solution.

I see the horse's past lines are exported in the .chr file - this file contains the also rans (horses that ran 1st, 2nd, 3rd). In the Racing Form and Formulator also rans that have come back to win are italicized.

I don't see any code that would indicate any of the also rans have come back to win? Is there any way of determining which also rans have come back to win based upon the exported data?

Thanks,

cj
11-07-2004, 10:04 AM
I'm pretty sure that isn't included in the export files. Come to think of it, its not in the BRIS files either I don't believe. I could be wrong as I'm just getting into the BRIS/TSN versions.

BillW
11-07-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by cj
I'm pretty sure that isn't included in the export files. Come to think of it, its not in the BRIS files either I don't believe. I could be wrong as I'm just getting into the BRIS/TSN versions.

No it's not there, unless it's hidden in a "future use" field and I haven't found it yet.

Bill

Tom
11-07-2004, 06:52 PM
If I were you, I would take a close looks at Formulator export files. Try Calder, 11-8-04. They are leaving out a lot of valuable information...like race sex and race age for many races. With a glaring ommission like this, I would rate Form export files as useless.
I tried to build some databases from Form but abandoned the idea when I saw so much missing data. I am slos no suspicious as to just how accurate any Fomr files really are, given the apparent lack lack of Quality Control.
I would look at TrackJudge files...they have Crammer figs, which are much better than Beyer anyway, and everything else DRF offers, except SR+TV numbers.

Paging
11-11-2004, 12:43 AM
The Racing Form has informed me that there isn't anything in the export currently to allow this. However, it will be included in the 4.1 release in Spring 05.

Equineer
11-12-2004, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by BillW
No it's not there, unless it's hidden in a "future use" field and I haven't found it yet.

Bill In the levels of BRIS/TSN downloads that show a special status for the also-rans when PP Generator prints past performances, corresponding codes are embedded in the "reserved for future use" fields, but there is no guarantee about the stability of such fields. I asked BRIS about some of the many "reserved fields" for another reason (i.e., pedigree stuff).

rrbauer
11-12-2004, 12:56 PM
Paging wrote:

I don't see any code that would indicate any of the also rans have come back to win? Is there any way of determining which also rans have come back to win based upon the exported data?

Comment:
This depends on your database structure and what you are saving in it. You could use the names of the also-ran's as a lookup key to your db pp's. Then check if the horses had raced since the date of the company line in question. If so, how did they do? (check finish position in their pp recs).

Paging
11-12-2004, 01:09 PM
Hi rrbauer,

Yes, that would work - the only issue is I would need to keep a db with all of the tracks in North America - not just the tracks I play.

Thanks for the suggestion.