PDA

View Full Version : Thank God this happened at night...

sq764
11-05-2004, 10:44 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/11/05/school.strafed.ap/index.html

Tom
11-05-2004, 11:57 PM
Something MAJORLY wrong here.

JustRalph
11-06-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Tom
Something MAJORLY wrong here.

You ever been up there in the dark at night? I can tell you there is no way in hell an F-16 pilot should be 3 miles off on where he is tossing bullets. But, having said that..........I can see why or how it happen..........same reason a plane lands at the wrong airport sometimes..........at night........many things start to look the same.

I can tell you this..............this guy won't ever fly anything with live ammo again...........

Tom
11-06-2004, 01:20 AM
What in heck is anyone doing shooting at night three miles form a school????
Rmember Pogo?
"We have met the enemy...it is us!":eek:

JustRalph
11-06-2004, 02:36 AM
The firing range was supposedly only three miles from the school. Who's bright Idea that was.........is beyond me.........

Tom
11-06-2004, 10:49 AM
They better move that range right away. What is Michael Moore's coordinates, er, I mean, address?:rolleyes:

formula_2002
11-06-2004, 10:52 AM
These fellows know how to hit the right target

"Residents said the aircraft were striking targets in the central city market that had not been hit since April as well as neighbourhoods in the north, south and east of Fallujah"

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/articles/PA_NEWMEGENIraq12thLdWritethrus?source=

Dave Schwartz
11-06-2004, 10:54 AM
Formula,

Did you check the party affiliation of the pilots in that Iraq strike? Could they have been l-l-l-l... to the left of center politcally?

WHat does this have to do with the thread?

Let it go, please.

Dave

formula_2002
11-06-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Dave Schwartz
Formula,

Did you check the party affiliation of the pilots in that Iraq strike? Could they have been l-l-l-l... to the left of center politcally?

WHat does this have to do with the thread?

Let it go, please.

Dave

It's about neighbourhoods and humanity...and how we care /don't care about them...It's about mistakes and the toll they take on all of us.

Joe M

Dave Schwartz
11-06-2004, 12:26 PM
Interesting. I must be reading a different thread.

Seems to me that this was about a military exercise gone bad.

I must have missed all the other social ramifications that you choose to see.

Tell me, Formula, will you be adding these types of analysis to every post on PA?

Dave Schwartz

kenwoodallpromos
11-06-2004, 12:57 PM
I have an F-16 simulator game that shoots up the SF Bay Area.
LOL.

GameTheory
11-06-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Dave Schwartz
Interesting. I must be reading a different thread.

Seems to me that this was about a military exercise gone bad.

I must have missed all the other social ramifications that you choose to see.

Tell me, Formula, will you be adding these types of analysis to every post on PA?

The real question is whether this was a statistically significant event.

sq764
11-06-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by formula_2002
It's about neighbourhoods and humanity...and how we care /don't care about them...It's about mistakes and the toll they take on all of us.

Joe M

As Dave said, you are really off in posting this in this thread... But you don't seem to care about that..

As far as your comment... If we blew up bin Laden in Afghanistan and killed 10 innocent people in the process, would it have been worth it to you?

Steve 'StatMan'
11-06-2004, 01:45 PM
Yeah, I think he missed something...the original post was a training accident that occured in the U.S.

sq764
11-06-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Steve'StatMan'BTW
Yeah, I think he missed something...the original post was a training accident that occured in the U.S.

Yeah, he certainly is missing something..er, missed something..

Tom
11-06-2004, 05:07 PM
If we waged war the way some libs onthis boards want to do it, Hitler would still be in power. Of course it is terrible that innocent people die in war. The key is to kill less of them by accident than the enemy kills on purpose. Where were all the post about the horrors committed upon the Iraq's by the SH regieme? Where were the human shields from hollywood when SH gassed his own poeple?