PDA

View Full Version : Help... how to watch races on the net?

edoardopalomo
11-05-2004, 10:05 AM
Hi everybody, I'm sorry cause my english is not good at all...
My name is Alberto, Im from italy and 2 years ago I've starded, with an european bookmaker, to bet on american races.
My favourite tracks are the small one, cause they are "easy" to study, few horses, few good jockeys, and many "crossing lines", so I enjoy myself with Thistle/Beluh, Great lakes down, etc....
I'm usually studyng with equibase programs, very fast to read.... I realise (it is logical) that watching the races (I also subscribe with racereplays but just for Calder - where there many sprints races, cause GLD and Turf paradise are not available) and at the same time studing the form it was the best solution, I can made my own lines and bet the overlays...

So, my problem is, I can't open any account with youbet, xpressbet or anything else who could let me watch, live or past races for Turf paradise (my favourite track at th present).

I've emailed to youbet, asking help, and no answer...

I've emailed to Suff, he was so nice with me last year, this time he is probably not around...

Is there anybody who could help me, just for watching live or replays for Turf Paradise, I've no proble to pay, maybe via paypal....

Please help an italian american races lovers

Thanks
Alberto

shanta
11-05-2004, 10:22 AM
Alberto,

I went to Turf Paradise's website. there is live calls of the races but no video available as far as i can see.

try this http://espn.go.com/horse/liveracing.html

I am not sure if they have Turf Paradise available. You can get Mountaineer, Penn National, Charlestown, Hawthorne and a few others.

I hope this helps a little.

Ricardo Pizzicara:)

edoardopalomo
11-05-2004, 10:44 AM
thank you shanta, but as you said on the official site there's just audio (bad quality), and on espn I'm usually watching Suffolk, delaware, louisina , meadowlands, hawtorne... but for Turf Paradise they ask you to link with YOUBET... so my vicious circle starts again, cause to open an account you need to have a scocial number (I think something similar to the italian fiscal code)... I've watched all the season GLD races, there was a guy on another forum who post every evening the xpressbet link (who change very often), but he is not doing the same for turf paardise cause probably is not available on xpressbet but just on youbet...

Please, help me to found a solution:)

bye and thanks

Valuist
11-05-2004, 11:04 AM
Open an account with Brisbet and you'll get video access to most tracks. If you want to see the Magna tracks, you'll have to open account with their wagering service to watch.

edoardopalomo
11-05-2004, 11:15 AM
i've never tried with BRisbet, I'm going to see, instead for magna track, also just for watching, normally it's enough to pay for watching track or for all the magna tracks, but also in there they ask me the same number.

thanks again I'm going to try whit brisbet

edoardopalomo
11-05-2004, 11:24 AM
I've just emailed to brisbet, cause in their form to sign in, in the first step ask me which STATE and give me just the american ones...
Thank you again

andicap
11-05-2004, 11:28 AM
http://www.drf.com/racing_links/links_tracks.html

tells you what tracks have free audio/video links at their sites

Where from Italy are you?

We LOVE your country. Been to Roma, Siena, Florence, Turin and Aosta.

edoardopalomo
11-05-2004, 11:39 AM
thank you andicap, but I knew the drf link, and unfortunatly it doesn't help me... maybe you know some bookmakers - with live video (maybe not american) who admit non USA citizens ...

by the way, i really appreciate your help, u are very nice and very kind with me... let's continue with our search....;)

Chapter me:
I'm living in Milan (business, fashion, teather, soccer and also horse racing), but I was born in Salerno - south of Italy (sun, wonderful sea, magnificient women, and great food)...

I'm 33, and since few years ago I travel a lot, I was in New york 5 times, I had a german girlfriend who studied in there....

To be continued:)

Nicole
11-05-2004, 12:37 PM
Alberto,

The ehorse site offers video. You may want to contact them and ask if they have the tracks your interested in watching.

www.betehorse.com

edoardopalomo
11-05-2004, 12:42 PM
Thanks, I'll try, also if ... when one and half year ago Ehorse "open" had the most video link, and then step by step they vanished, at the present there's just Philadelphia, meadwolands and Turf paradise (just audio) but maybe for members is different I'll ask right now...

Still thanks

edoardopalomo
11-05-2004, 12:51 PM
just talked with live customer service... they are offshore so they just have the video of the demo version... so no Turf paradise...

But many thanks, maybe we will found a solution;)

Valuist
11-05-2004, 12:56 PM
Did you try calling Brisbet customer service? They are at (800) 597-5661. I can't imagine they wouldn't let somebody open up an account just because they don't live in the US.

Nicole
11-05-2004, 01:01 PM
From the FAQ page.

Are there any age and residency restrictions on the BrisBET.com service?

Yes. Only U.S. residents 21 years of age or older may become members.

edoardopalomo
11-05-2004, 01:03 PM
I'm going to try right now, thanks for the telehone number, do you know if i've to put some more numbers before (calling outside the States, maybe 00....)

edoardopalomo
11-05-2004, 01:04 PM
So... i'm not phoning:)

edoardopalomo
11-05-2004, 01:09 PM
I've to search in geneaologcal three iif there's some relatives in the States, italians are everywhere... maybe...:D

rokitman
11-05-2004, 04:17 PM
The below is in the UK. They have US racing online, including Turf Paradise. There is free 30 trial going on right now but if you try to sign up it will detect where your IP address is and will not let you sign up if it is not in GB or Ireland. Being you are part of the EU, maybe if you contact them about it you can work it out.

http://www.attheraces.com/

The below is in Austria-you can bet US racing through them but I do not know about video. I suspect that they do not have US video, from what I remember long ago.

http://www.interjockey.com/horses/EN/mainframes/frame_outlogged.asp

Both are directly connected to the US betting pools.

MikeH
11-05-2004, 05:27 PM
Alberto -

In 2 months, January 1, the U.S. tax laws are changing. I think that the big reason why U.S. companies (Americatab, EBetUSA, Youbet, etc.) do not take non-U.S. accounts is the U.S. tax laws.

I would suggest you ask some of these companies in several months if they will take non U.S. accounts. You might find that they will give you a different answer.

A link explaining this is here:
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=15444

Alberto - BTW - no need to apologize for your english - it's far better than my Italian

edoardopalomo
11-06-2004, 11:55 AM
Many thanks to everybody....

I'll try with the austrian link, cause with ATR (the english one) I knew it is not possible, it's just for Great Britain residents...

I hope it will works....

I LOVE THIS GAME
02-14-2005, 04:29 PM
e-horse has put live video back up for the major meets.I hope it stays.Check it out.

JustRalph
02-14-2005, 08:35 PM
I think I saw this guy on the Soprano's .........didnt' he leave town when he got too close to Tony's old lady? :D

Just kidding........good luck..........

edoardopalomo
02-15-2005, 07:22 AM
many thanks to you and to betehorse :D

levinmpa
02-15-2005, 09:17 AM
You should check out Philadelphia Park's Phonebet.com. They provide video for Turf Paradise on Monday's and Tuesdays. This is for account holders only however. I don't know if they'll allow you to open an account from outside the U.S.

I think the problem maybe that the American outlets could possibly be restricted to taking wagers from U.S. citizens only due to Internal Revenue Service tax policy. I'm not sure what they would do if you hit a "signer" trifecta since you obviously would not have a social security number. The best thing to do is email all of the outlets you can find and ask them.

JPinMaryland
02-15-2005, 04:09 PM
can you explain the betehorse site works? Do you need to have money in an account to watch races or can you just watch if you are a member? What advantages to being a member w/o an account? (if any)

Thanks.