PDA

View Full Version : A continuing inablity to connect the dots

Larry Hamilton
11-05-2004, 08:54 AM
[sorry guys, I typed a new thread when all I meant to do was respond to a comment about the bullet looting again]

What it tells me is that you are willing to believe a few soldiers version of what actually happened over an officers. Why is it then you are not willing to believe a couple of sailors who witnessed another officer in another war and who concluded his silver star should be downgraded to a good conduct medal and his purple hearts should be replaced with bandaids for booboos.

To an honest, inquiring person, there should be enough doubt in both issues to question. However, be careful your conclusion! The majority of the liberals who posted in here had the same problem: thoughtless, proofless, often uniteilligable remarks and in one or two cases a complete lack of ability to connect the dots. Not once did I see, "I am sorry, that was incorrect." Even when the truth was available from unimpeachable sources.

In my opinion, you guys picked the very worst our country has to offer to run against Pres BUsh. Thank you, I hope next go-around you put up Senator Byrd.

Now how is this for a conclusion: 55 Million or so US citizens voted for Sen Kerry. Or did they? How many voted against Bush? In my neighberhood, (a retired military area) the Kerry Supporters were those who said, "A thousand troops have died there, let's get out now." Does this sound like support to you? It is easy enough to extrapolate from there an election where the democrats lose everything by tens of millions of votes.

Equineer
11-05-2004, 10:16 AM
[sorry guys, I typed a new thread when all I meant to do was respond to a comment about the bullet looting again]

What it tells me is that you are willing to believe a few soldiers version of what actually happened over an officers.You must have skimmed too quickly through the linked article... the soldiers who talked to the L.A. Times and then were quoted in the syndicated story included an officer and a senior NCO.

Their description of pandemic looting, much like an L.A. riot, makes a lot more sense than armchair arguments that it didn't happen because a caravan of 40 semi-trailer trucks would have been detected. Looting masses don't call Mayflower or Allied!

Neither did looters need Mayflower Van Lines to strip every bank and government building (except the Oil Ministry) after we occupied Baghdad, as journalists and thousands of our troops watched.

Unlike the stupid fascination with tabloid stories about personalities, this issue concerns and questions the occupation strategy of the administration... and the consequences of this strategy.

lsbets
11-05-2004, 11:19 AM
VetScratch/Equineer - Armchair arguments!? Well this is some friggin arm chair that I sit in in Southwest Asia. There are several places that you could stick that condescending elitist armchair of yours, each more painful than the last. You wonder why the Dems can't beat Bush - your posts embody the elitist attitude of the left that turns off so much of America.

Dave Schwartz
11-05-2004, 11:41 AM
LSBets,

The only thing better than "someone who has been there" is "someone who is still there."

Please continue to provide the unique "check and balance system" for us on these issues.

Stay well, friend.

Dave

Equineer
11-05-2004, 12:15 PM
Military analyst Col. Jack Jacob, who you should be familiar with, has pointed out that arguments against the theft of the explosives were based on the way U.S. military logistics are conducted.

This Special Forces veteran and Medal of Honor winner has also pointed out that we persisted in underestimating the effectiveness of North Vietnamese logistics by projecting our way of thinking onto the enemy.

The thesis that Iraqis would have used 40 semi-trailer trucks, or even contemplated such a dumb logistics plan, was ludicrous... and still is, according to the officer interviewed by the L.A. Times.

Col. Jacob initially blames civilians in Washington and later Paul Bremer for overriding the advice of commanders in the field during the pandemic looting throughout Iraq.

Larry Hamilton
11-05-2004, 05:32 PM
**ZAP** you are maginalized and nothing more to say that matters.

Tom
11-05-2004, 09:17 PM
I'll beleive lsbets over some troll on her third/fourth name anyday.
Do the math, how many people would it take to carry away that many tons of explosives, and not be seen?
And yes, it is her kind that America soundly rejected Tuesday.

Equineer
11-05-2004, 10:03 PM
If I could **ZAP** you two to improve your reading comprehension, I would...

Or, you never read HCAP's original link to the L.A. Times story:
http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/1104-01.htm

I choose to believe Jack Jacob, our only living Medal of Honor winner's comments on this story.

JustRalph
11-05-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Equineer
our only living Medal of Honor winner's comments on this story.

What the hell does this mean?

Equineer
11-06-2004, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by JustRalph
What the hell does this mean? Yeah... I dropped Jewish editing the sentence... there are other non-Jewish MOH winners still living.

Equineer
11-06-2004, 09:50 AM
Colonel Jack Jacobs

MOH: http://www.pbs.org/weta/americanvalor/stories/jacobs.html

BIO: Colonel Jacobs served on the faculty of the U.S. Military Academy at West Point and the National War College in Washington, D.C. After retirement, he founded and was chief operating officer of Auto Finance Group. As a managing director of Bankers Trust Co., he led Global Investment Management to $2.2 billion in assets and later co-founded a similar business for Lehman Brothers. He is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations and is a director of the Medal of Honor Foundation. He is also a military analyst for NBC/MSNBC.

My earlier post was based on his comments about the L.A. Times story in an MSNBC interview.

I trust his judgment... you may think otherwise (and most certainly will if you are a member of that rare species, goyim neo-nazis). :)

Tom
11-06-2004, 10:42 AM
Where is he staying in Iraq?:confused:

JustRalph
11-07-2004, 04:39 AM
http://news.scotsman.com/opinion.cfm?id=1286442004

From the above page:

The idea that intelligent voters plumped for Kerry and were defeated by the overweight, god-fearing, fag-hating rubes of middle America is easy to grasp but it’s an inadequate explanation for Kerry’s failure. Exit polls showed, for example, that Bush won the support of 44% of voters who had embarked on at least some post-graduate study. Clever people can vote Republican too.

136,000 rubes to be more specific.........how do they always know I am fat?

What went wrong for the Democrats? In part, condescension and an intolerance for the simple pieties of much of the American heartland condemned them to defeat. Kerry’s attempts to stress the importance of his faith were too little, too late and too unconvincing to persuade voters that he really understood their concerns. Similarly, his much mocked geese-hunting trip to Ohio the week before the elections smacked of desperation and protesting too much that he respected gun-owners’ rights.

I think I brought this one up already. As I said, here in Ohio they were laughing at that Goose Hunting Trip.

Democrats didn’t just "misunderestimate" George W Bush, they underestimated the electorate too. "Anyone but Bush" wasn’t a good enough candidate. Kerry fought as best he could but he never connected with the American people and, failed to give the electorate enough positive reasons to vote for him, rather than against Bush.

Bingo!

JustRalph
11-07-2004, 04:51 AM
November 07, 2004

Bush Wins: Time to Crush Liberals & Hollywood
Steve Yuhas

With a decisive victory under the belts of the Republican Party: the re-election of George W. Bush with not only an Electoral College majority, but the bell weather Democratic “mandate maker” popular vote; an increase of control in the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives; more state legislatures and governorships and the ability to appoint as many Supreme Court Justices as decide to retire in the next four years and to stack the federal bench with the people liberals fear the most (that means judges who interpret the U.S. Constitution, not write new laws). President Bush will reform the judiciary because of the control of government by Republicans and all the while liberals are paying someone to scratch their heads to figure out what happened.

Liberals in Hollywood and New York are in their limos right now asking why nobody in the middle of the country bought their propaganda and their spouses are secretly hitting them on the head with Gucci bags because of all the money they wasted to put John Kerry over the top.

Cher is sitting somewhere asking why gays didn’t turn out in Florida to topple their arch nemesis George Bush after her stirring pleas to about a hundred people last week at a gay night club.

Rosie O’Donnell is working on her motorcycle and planning a trip to Home Depot just to take out her aggression on a 2 x 4 wondering why people didn’t pay the least bit of attention to her either.

Oprah has to be doing some soul searching as well, especially regarding the show where Cameron Diaz told women across the nation (including those pesky red state women) that rape would become legal under another Bush administration (does anyone know who is sponsoring that legislation – I’d like to write a letter).

Matt Damon is on the phone with the moving van folks and is probably asking himself where to go? Lucky for him that the Bourne stories are filmed overseas and he’ll be able to leave the country (didn’t we hear that from one of those Baldwin brothers the last time – he never left).

Puff P Sean Puffiddy Dumb (or whatever his name is this week) is wondering what happened to his catchy slogan “Vote or Die” and trying to come up with exactly how he has been disenfranchised from voting, as he claimed on national television where his answer was a resounding – “UM.” Seems that the effort by rap moguls turned clothing designers to turn out the youth vote failed (note to MTV: youth voted at the same level as last election and the election before – “choose or lose” would be canceled if it were a sitcom).

Speaking of rappers – Eminem made a nasty music video that one could hardly understand unless you spoke ghetto English, but in light of the fact that Eminem didn’t deliver the vote to Kerry – you have to wonder whether or not Marshall will continue to support Democrats or just fade away and stick to “music” advocating rape of women (wait, I thought that was going to be a Republican effort – my mistake) and pounding his fists in a costume.

As for Kerry’s personal favorites “The Boss” (Bruce Springsteen – in case you’re from my generation and haven’t listened to him since you were eight years old) seems like he couldn't boss anyone at all. His friend Bon Jovi (whose CD This Left Feels Right is about as high on the charts as Kerry in the polls) was just wrong too – why did nobody in the Bible Belt or those red states listen to The Boss or Bon Jovi? I can’t imagine.

The stalwart liberal Barbara Streisand is writing an expose telling us all how we should live our lives from her enormous energy exploiting mansion, private jet or fleet of town cars all the while wondering why her singing didn’t turn American voters Kerry’s way (oh, if people just thought about the way we were when people listened to Hollywood).

Foul mouthed fanatics like Margaret Cho and Michael Moore (I wonder if seating Mike next to Jimmy Carter at the DNC Convention appealed to the red states) most of the above seem not to understand why their vulgarity against the President of the United States didn’t make John Kerry (who declared them the heart of America) the Commander-in-Chief.

Soul searching is going on from Los Angeles to New York to Madonna in London where she is going to use an even more powerful fake British accent to wonder aloud, “Like, what happened in America? You’re all too materialistic and I’m thankful to be British – where are my scones?”

None of the above and the Democratic left just doesn’t seem to understand that the country doesn’t think the way they do. This time they can’t say President Bush doesn’t have a mandate because he won not only the Electoral College, but the popular vote as well. More Americans wanted George Bush re-elected than wanted their liberal buddy John the most powerful man in the world – I wonder why?

All they’ll have to say about this election is the idiots in the red states have thrown the nation into chaos and they did all they could to save it.

Newsflash to the Hollywood left: nobody cares what you think anymore. There may have been a time when people felt closer to the stars they adored and when they listened to them and voted the way they did, but those days are long gone. That was old Hollywood – a Hollywood that took great care to be patriotic and to support the nation in crisis and war.

The Hollywood of today is new Hollywood; one that cares about themselves and pretends to care about the poor and downtrodden as they pass them in their limos on their way back to their mansions. They want to tell us how to live and who to vote for, but they can’t do it any more because Americans reject their ideology and their spiteful hateful rhetoric – especially when it is aimed at a President while America is in the cross hairs of Islamic terrorists.

Many pundits are saying it is time for President Bush to bring the country together – he tried. It was the left that compared him to a Nazi, a traitor, an idiot, as having betrayed the nation and much worse – now is time for Republicans to further solidify their majorities and to push through the Republican agenda that the liberals in Hollywood claim to fear.

Now is not time for compassion to the left; now is the time to crush it. The defeat of John Kerry and the overwhelming sweep of Congress and passage of no-gay-marriage initiatives is more than a rejection of John Kerry, but a national rejection liberal leftists manifested in the likes of Cher, Michael Moore, Cameron Diaz and Matt Damon.

Good-night Hollywood – hopefully this defeat will show that you can make buckets of money pretending to be someone else on film or stage, but cannot persuade the American people that your agenda is right. You lost by buckets and please now shut up.

Steve Yuhas is a columnist and radio talk show host on KOGO AM 600 in San Diego and can be reached at www.steveyuhas.com

Tom
11-07-2004, 11:54 AM
Bruce Springstein has retired from politics and will devote all of his time to learning that ever elusive "third chord!" :D

JustRalph
11-08-2004, 09:58 PM
http://www.theunionleader.com/articles_showa.html?article=46653

Steve 'StatMan'
11-08-2004, 10:08 PM
I was just thinking today, the best way for Michael Moore to keep a Republican from getting elected again in 2008 would be to for him to endorce and campaign for the Republican candidate! :D :cool:

Tom
11-09-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Steve'StatMan'BTW
I was just thinking today, the best way for Michael Moore to keep a Republican from getting elected again in 2008 would be to for him to endorce and campaign for the Republican candidate! :D :cool:

ROTFLMAO!
And throw in the Dixie Sluts to boot.