PDA

View Full Version : Voting Poll

Dave Schwartz
09-15-2020, 10:01 AM
Trying to create a meaningful poll which removes the built-in biases of the PA membership. (Whatever those are.)

(Try number 5. Sometimes I hate software. LOL)

horses4courses
09-15-2020, 10:35 AM
This poll has to run 80-90% Trump.
Unless, of course, it is infiltrated and falsified.
That's a strong possibility.

PaceAdvantage
09-15-2020, 10:55 AM
That's a strong possibility.You mean it's going to be biased like every other poll in existence?

jay68802
09-15-2020, 11:07 AM

Don't worry, PA recently allowed mail-in voting. Once all those votes are counted, it will be Biden by 2 votes.

horses4courses
09-15-2020, 11:07 AM
You mean it's going to be biased like every other poll in existence?

No, that's not what I'm saying.

If every regular PA-OTG contributor voted in this poll,
it would have to reflect 80+% in favor of Trump.
No big deal - that's just how it is.

Some of the previous political polls on here have been messed with, though.
I doubt it's the Russians. :eek:

PaceAdvantage
09-15-2020, 11:09 AM
No, that's not what I'm saying.

If every regular PA-OTG contributor voted in this poll,
it would have to reflect 80+% in favor of Trump.
No big deal - that's just how it is.

Some of the previous political polls on here have been messed with, though.
I doubt it's the Russians. :eek:Messed with...lol

How so exactly? I'd love to hear your theory.

horses4courses
09-15-2020, 11:13 AM
Messed with...lol

How so exactly? I'd love to hear your theory.

Hey....it's not my website.
Multiple fake accounts would be my guess, though.

There's no way in hell this poll should favor Biden.
Past performances make it a possibility.

ElKabong
09-15-2020, 11:17 AM

I guess all the talk about the covid shutdowns affecting the mental health of many Americans is true now. Seeing and reading is believing

PaceAdvantage
09-15-2020, 11:33 AM

Past performances make it a possibility.Multiple fake accounts voting for Biden would actually suggest enthusiasm for Biden.

So I agree with you 100%

The poll should favor Trump by a wide margin....as opposed to sleepy/dementia Joe.

Tom
09-15-2020, 05:53 PM

This is a horse racing website, which means people with probably above average intelligence.

So naturally, democrats will be in the minority.

Dave Schwartz
09-16-2020, 12:53 AM
And there it is.

I designed this as a social experiment.

So, the only two poll numbers I was interested in were:
BIDEN and have voted Repub at least once since 1990.
and
TRUMP and have voted Demo at least once since 1990.

These would be the moderates. The whole question of the election will be decided by what these two groups do.

But I have to admit that there was a deeper study I was interested in.

There have been several comments alluding to the possibility "multiple accounts" here on PA. I thought, wouldn't it be interesting if this was true and the left-wing would effectively stuff the ballot boxes with multiple votes.

I've been watching this for much of the day and even taking a few screen shots.

The ratio has been pretty much 2/1, in these two categories all day long.

Then, all of a sudden, just a few minutes ago, the score jumped from 24 to 12 (favoring Trump) to 25 to 24 (favoring Biden).

In other words, in just a handful of minutes Biden scored 13 consecutive votes.

I am satisfied that these were duplicate votes, possibly cast entirely by one person.

Thank you for your participation.

PaceAdvantage
09-16-2020, 12:59 AM
Yeah...it's very easy to rig a poll these days...don't even need multiple accounts.

I'm surprised it took them this long to figure this out.

biggestal99
09-16-2020, 08:41 AM

Well 96 votes and Biden’s pulling 40%

That is a bit higher than expected.

Allan

biggestal99
09-16-2020, 08:44 AM
I voted option 3. Well except that I did not vote for carter in 1980. Did however in 76.

I was an Anderson man. Lo those many years ago.

Allan

JerryBoyle
09-16-2020, 08:48 AM
This is a horse racing website, which means people with probably above average intelligence.

Everything about this post is silly

wisconsin
09-16-2020, 08:58 AM
53-39 Trump with 5 unwilling to share...seems like he will win handily.

Tom
09-16-2020, 11:34 AM
Everything about this post is silly

Not when you consider the sample of lefties I had to work with.....hcap and YOU! :lol:

mhaney0423
09-16-2020, 01:14 PM

It is exactly this type of comment/thinking, that has us where we are today. If I had to guess the proportion of stupid vs. smart is likely very similar in the Democratic party vs. the Republican party.
Personally I am a Democrat but quite Moderate, I can appreciate some GOP ideas and some Dem ideas, I can assure you that if there was a viable GOP candidate (i.e. NOT TRUMP) running against Biden, they would have almost certainly got my vote, but since I wouldn't piss on Donald Trump if he was on fire, I am left but one choice. I look forward to the day when we all see ourselves as Americans again and not Democrat or Republican or Liberal vs Conservative.

ElKabong
09-16-2020, 03:23 PM
It is exactly this type of comment/thinking, that has us where we are today. …

I look forward to the day when we all see ourselves as Americans again and not Democrat or Republican or Liberal vs Conservative.

Yet Joe biden doesn't speak about Donald Trump in respectable terms. Correct?

So how do you expect Trump backers to be any more civil in their comments towards Joe in his bunker?

Yesterday Trump orchestrated an historic peace treaty. A big effin deal as Joe Mentia would say

The only thing I can think Biden did during his Obama Biden years was feed Hunter a million $$ a year job, one he wasn't qualified for. Other than that, what did he accomplish? Any historic peace accords that he brokered? Tell me

mhaney0423
09-16-2020, 03:30 PM

So how do you expect Trump backers to be any more civil in their comments towards Joe in his bunker?

Yesterday Trump orchestrated an historic peace treaty. A big effin deal as Joe Mentia would say

The only thing I can think Biden did during his Obama Biden years was feed Hunter a million $$ a year job, one he wasn't qualified for. Other than that, what did he accomplish? Any historic peace accords that he brokered? Tell me

Nothing like a peace accord between nations that have never been at war! Amazing work Donny!! I guess based on all of the other crowning achievements Donnie has done ,this is probably the best......says a lot.
Chalk one up for the repiblicans!!

NormanTD
09-16-2020, 03:41 PM
Not relevant to the poll but just for discussion purposes

As of September 16, 2020

Worldwide Population 7,594,000,000
Worldwide Covid 19 Cases 29,600,000
Worldwide Covid 19 Deaths 936,000

US Population 328,200,000
Percent of World Population 4.3%
US Covid 19 Cases 6,700,000
Percent of World Cases 22.6%
US Covid 19 Deaths 199,000
Percent of World Deaths 21.2%

mhaney0423
09-16-2020, 05:20 PM

And btw, didnt Obama ACTUALLY WIN a Nobel peace prize in 2009? Normally they dont hand those out to the VP but I think Joe Biden is at least as deserving as DJT.

ElKabong
09-16-2020, 05:27 PM
And btw, didnt Obama ACTUALLY WIN a Nobel peace prize in 2009? Normally they dont hand those out to the VP but I think Joe Biden is at least as deserving as DJT.

What exactly did Biden's boss do to earn it?

ElKabong
09-16-2020, 05:28 PM

As of September 16, 2020

Percent of World Deaths 21.2%

I guess the US has more motorcycle riders die than the rest of the world. Trump needs to correct that....

https://www.newsweek.com/florida-man-killed-crash-listed-covid-19-death-raising-doubts-over-health-data-1518994

ElKabong
09-16-2020, 05:32 PM

You STILL haven't listed one thing Biden has done outside of giving his son enough money to feed his cocaine habit ,via political bribery

mhaney0423
09-16-2020, 06:21 PM
You STILL haven't listed one thing Biden has done outside of giving his son enough money to feed his cocaine habit ,via political bribery

It is not really worth my time I suppose you could google it, my only point was we need to start coming together as a country. Without a doubt and by far and away DJT is the most divisive President we have ever had, bar none. We need someone to bring us together not tear us apart, I dont really think Biden is that guy either, but surely he will not stoop to the low level that Donald Trump has. Im done with this, chiefly because I am trying to watch several tracks at one time and that has me banging my head against the wall enough. Have a good night man.

ElKabong
09-16-2020, 06:32 PM
It is not really worth my time I suppose you could google it, .

Yep, ya got nothing.

Like Bernie Sanders said yesterday, Biden at some point has to stop bashing Trump and lay out whatever plan he has. JoeMentia has to bring something to the table, but has yet to do so ...and it's too late now

PaceAdvantage
09-16-2020, 08:20 PM

As of September 16, 2020

Percent of World Deaths 21.2%When you incentivize hospitals to create errr...I mean report COVID cases and COVID deaths....this is what you get.

PaceAdvantage
09-16-2020, 08:21 PM
Without a doubt and by far and away DJT is the most divisive President we have ever had, bar none.Heh heh heh.

You funny man.

mhaney0423
09-16-2020, 08:23 PM
Yep, ya got nothing.

Like Bernie Sanders said yesterday, Biden at some point has to stop bashing Trump and lay out whatever plan he has. JoeMentia has to bring something to the table, but has yet to do so ...and it's too late now

Lol, I see you have already developed "herd mentality". You can find all of Bidens plan here https://joebiden.com . I am not going to do your work for you.......you win champ. Like I said, I have no time for you or your petty arguments, again have a good night.

ElKabong
09-16-2020, 08:40 PM
Lol, I see you have already developed "herd mentality". You can find all of Bidens plan here https://joebiden.com . I am not going to do your work for you.......you win champ. Like I said, I have no time for you or your petty arguments, again have a good night.

Apparently I did win. Your link took me to his website to donate. I knew you had nothing in your bag. Run along and vote like a good little lemming. Toodles.

jimmyb
09-16-2020, 08:50 PM
Biden hatches his plans here.

PaceAdvantage
09-16-2020, 09:01 PM
Like I said, I have no time for you or your petty arguments, again have a good night.There is zero petty about this election.

It's exposing EVERYTHING wrong with this country. Yes, on BOTH sides.

TJDave
09-16-2020, 10:35 PM
I wouldn't piss on Donald Trump if he was on fire

This is where our politics differ.

I would NEVER pass an opportunity to piss on Donald Trump.

In national elections I’ve voted mostly republican or the occasional libertarian/3rd party since 1988. Not this time. Every democrat will get my vote. The more perverse their politics, the better.

KingAnon
09-17-2020, 12:13 AM
My thoughts are:

- The interest groups and corporations like the ADL, Google and others donate to both sides and don't really care who wins. And if people with millions of dollars on the line don't care who wins, it should tell you something about how things really work behind the curtains.

- Any election that doesn't require photo ID's or more to vote are fraudulent elections in my opinion. And that's without mail-in voting, which is clearly ripe for abuse.

- The riots were very clearly designed and planned to hurt Trump but he played it well by putting the pressure on local and state govs to stop it. The right also played it well as they avoided the obvious honeypot and prevented a Charlottesville Part II. I was a little unsure on his chances until the riots broke out. Notice how the riots all magically stopped once Trump starting gaining in the polls.

- Whether or not Trump wins, this will be one of the last elections the R's can win due to demographic changes. Trump would have won 40+ states if only a certain group voted but would have won 1 or 2 states if only other groups had voted. Most people would think you would want to appeal to the group that would have gotten you 40+ states, but the R's feel the groups that would have gotten then 1-2 states total are the better bet.

- If Trump wins, the media, social media and politicians have already promised to send out their foot soldiers to destroy and burn things and are already talking about secession. If Biden wins, Covid will magically go away within a few weeks and Harris will probably be president within a year or two.

mhaney0423
09-17-2020, 06:31 AM
This is where our politics differ.

I would NEVER pass an opportunity to piss on Donald Trump.

In national elections I’ve voted mostly republican or the occasional libertarian/3rd party since 1988. Not this time. Every democrat will get my vote. The more perverse their politics, the better.

Haha, I like your sentiment. I do not hate Ttump supporters though, but I absolutely despise Donald Trump, despised him in the 80s, the 90s, the 00s, and the10s. The man is a bully, a liar, a cheat, and a megalomaniac. And just to top it all off, he is as dumb as a box of rocks!

mhaney0423
09-17-2020, 06:39 AM
Apparently I did win. Your link took me to his website to donate. I knew you had nothing in your bag. Run along and vote like a good little lemming. Toodles.

This is par for the course!! Apparently you were not able to figure out that the little X at the top of the screen lets you click through, then you can go to the menu and click Joe Bidens vision where you will find and actually plan dealing with many of todays issues. Now I realize that you would probably just rather listen to someone spewing catch phrases and insults compared to an actual plan, but it is there if you want to read it.

With your web navigation skills on clear display, I am truly convinced that there is about a 50/50 chance you may actually vote for Joe Biden accidentally, while fumbling through your ballot. Keep on truckin pal!

tucker6
09-17-2020, 01:31 PM
Haha, I like your sentiment. I do not hate Ttump supporters though, but I absolutely despise Donald Trump, despised him in the 80s, the 90s, the 00s, and the10s. The man is a bully, a liar, a cheat, and a megalomaniac. And just to top it all off, he is as dumb as a box of rocks!
You describe yourself as a professional lottery player as you call a successful businessman with an economics degree from the Ivy League as "dumb as a box of rocks". I'll let that one sink in for a moment.

biggestal99
09-17-2020, 01:35 PM
Nothing like a peace accord between nations that have never been at war! Amazing work Donny!! I guess based on all of the other crowning achievements Donnie has done ,this is probably the best......says a lot.
Chalk one up for the repiblicans!!

Well there was a Cold War between the UAE and Israel.

I welcome the thaw in relations.

And it is a feather in trumps cap.

Not a huge one, but one nonetheless.

Allan

ElKabong
09-17-2020, 01:44 PM
This is par for the course!! Apparently you were not able to figure out that the little X at the top of the screen lets you click through, then you can go to the menu and click Joe Bidens vision where you will find and actually plan dealing with many of todays issues. Now I realize that you would probably just rather listen to someone spewing catch phrases and insults compared to an actual plan, but it is there if you want to read it.

With your web navigation skills on clear display, I am truly convinced that there is about a 50/50 chance you may actually vote for Joe Biden accidentally, while fumbling through your ballot. Keep on truckin pal!

You play the lottery? That's a tax on the math-challenged.

You probably live in a cardboard box, so it would explain why you'd vote for a candidate who promises to raise taxes.

Joe Mentia condemned Trump's travel ban after covid. That was some plan

mhaney0423
09-17-2020, 01:48 PM
You describe yourself as a professional lottery player as you call a successful businessman with an economics degree from the Ivy League as "dumb as a box of rocks". I'll let that one sink in for a moment.

LOL, that is simply because some gentleman on here called me that when I had showed that I could make money for one month straight....with picks BEFORE the races betting VALUE horses. I simply thought it was funny. I never play lotteries or even keno or blackjack or any other game where the house has an advantage.
Trump is as dumb as a box of rocks, most of his businesses have gone "bankrupt" which is how he has managed to accumulate a fortune by ripping off the little guys all his life. It is well documented.
So you let it sink in.

mhaney0423
09-17-2020, 01:51 PM

Well there was a Cold War between the UAE and Israel.

I welcome the thaw in relations.

And it is a feather in trumps cap.

Not a huge one, but one nonetheless.

Allan

Yes I agree it is a small feather in an otherwise featherless cap. Every squirrel finds a nut sometimes.

mhaney0423
09-17-2020, 01:56 PM
You play the lottery? That's a tax on the math-challenged.

You probably live in a cardboard box, so it would explain why you'd vote for a candidate who promises to raise taxes.

Joe Mentia condemned Trump's travel ban after covid. That was some plan

Typical of a trump supporter, you will believe everything that is written somewhere without having a clue of the context. See my post above.

You keep stickin with Don the Con, we'll see where that gets you.

tucker6
09-17-2020, 02:10 PM
he has managed to accumulate a fortune by ripping off the little guys all his life. It is well documented.

Then he ain't so dumb after all, is he?

ElKabong
09-17-2020, 02:15 PM
Typical of a trump supporter, you will believe everything that is written somewhere without having a clue of the context. See my post above.

You keep stickin with Don the Con, we'll see where that gets you.

What has it gotten me?

I could retire given gains in the stock market. Free as a bird

I spend my spare time teaching chess to kids/ beginners. Could I have retired w/ my portfolio during the Obama biden years? LMAO, no way. That regime saw a very slow recovery, many professionals/ fmr co workers I knew lost their careers during the previous admin. Their chances to accumulate any kind of wealth...Gone. Many recovered under the trump era but the lost years of earnings from a decent salary were very harmful I'm sure

Poindexter
09-17-2020, 03:10 PM

I don't disagree with much of what you say(he not dumb, he just says dumb things that falsely give some the impression that he is dumb). But you need to focus on what he has done or not done as President, for the country. Many of us feel that a far left government (honestly I don't know how anyone can think otherwise, but too many do) would have devastating effects on this country. Just open your eyes to all the crap that has gone on this year, overreaction to Covid (that seems to be never ending), to burning, rioting and looting, to defunding the police, to letting violent criminals out of prison, then of course you have their economic policies.

If that is the America you want to live in, enjoy (sadly you may get a chance to and the rest of us may be stuck in it). Personally I prefer the bully, liar, cheat and megalomaniac. Honestly I wish we had better options, but we don't, so pick your poison.

mhaney0423
09-17-2020, 03:41 PM
I don't disagree with much of what you say(he not dumb, he just says dumb things that falsely give some the impression that he is dumb). But you need to focus on what he has done or not done as President, for the country. Many of us feel that a far left government (honestly I don't know how anyone can think otherwise, but too many do) would have devastating effects on this country. Just open your eyes to all the crap that has gone on this year, overreaction to Covid (that seems to be never ending), to burning, rioting and looting, to defunding the police, to letting violent criminals out of prison, then of course you have their economic policies.

If that is the America you want to live in, enjoy (sadly you may get a chance to and the rest of us may be stuck in it). Personally I prefer the bully, liar, cheat and megalomaniac. Honestly I wish we had better options, but we don't, so pick your poison.

Now you I could talk to, no insults just straight opinion and facts, I like this. I honestly do not believe there was an overreaction to Covid, since I work in the school of Pharmacy at a major university, I think I have a fairly solid opinion on this. The problem was that when we did shut down we did not shut down tight enough nor for long enough. Trump helped nothing by refusing to wear a mask and giving no solid opinion on whether a mask should be worn. Had we locked it down tight, for about twice as long, we would be in much better shape now.

Burning, rioting and looting are wrong no matter what the circumstances, I do not support this, Joe Biden does not support this and I would suspect there are very very few Democratic leaders that do, and if they do they are idiots.

Defunding the police is also something I am strongly opposed to, as a matter of fact, I would put more money into our police departments for more/and or better training and possibly some type of community oversight. I think Joe Biden has said that he would put more money into the police as well, although I am not positive of this, but one thing I am positive of is, Joe Biden does NOT want to defund the police.

Donald Trump has had four years and in my opinion has done little to nothing. Mexico DID NOT pay for the wall, the wall is not finished, immigration numbers look very similar to Obama years. He has accomplished nothing with China whatsoever, the tariffs put on them are paid by AMerican consumers. The economy, his "biggest achievement" has just kept improving at the same rate it was during the Obama years, I will give him credit for continuing the growth and not screwing that up, but I would ask you to look at the difference in the deficit between the Obama years and now. Trump has ballooned the federal deficit as a result of his tax cuts for the extremely wealthy. What Trump has successfully done is divided this country to a point from which it will be tough to return.

Poindexter
09-17-2020, 05:06 PM
Now you I could talk to, no insults just straight opinion and facts, I like this. I honestly do not believe there was an overreaction to Covid, since I work in the school of Pharmacy at a major university, I think I have a fairly solid opinion on this. The problem was that when we did shut down we did not shut down tight enough nor for long enough.

Trump helped nothing by refusing to wear a mask and giving no solid opinion on whether a mask should be worn. Had we locked it down tight, for about twice as long, we would be in much better shape now.

Burning, rioting and looting are wrong no matter what the circumstances, I do not support this, Joe Biden does not support this and I would suspect there are very very few Democratic leaders that do, and if they do they are idiots.

Defunding the police is also something I am strongly opposed to, as a matter of fact, I would put more money into our police departments for more/and or better training and possibly some type of community oversight. I think Joe Biden has said that he would put more money into the police as well, although I am not positive of this, but one thing I am positive of is, Joe Biden does NOT want to defund the police.

Donald Trump has had four years and in my opinion has done little to nothing. Mexico DID NOT pay for the wall, the wall is not finished, immigration numbers look very similar to Obama years. He has accomplished nothing with China whatsoever, the tariffs put on them are paid by AMerican consumers. The economy, his "biggest achievement" has just kept improving at the same rate it was during the Obama years, I will give him credit for continuing the growth and not screwing that up, but I would ask you to look at the difference in the deficit between the Obama years and now. Trump has ballooned the federal deficit as a result of his tax cuts for the extremely wealthy. What Trump has successfully done is divided this country to a point from which it will be tough to return.

I think/hope you are in the majority of Democrats with this viewpoint, but I also think we all may be in for a rude awakening if he becomes president(I would very much like to be wrong about this). I, like many, question how much he will be in charge if he becomes president. For one he may not even make it his first term. Two, the far left has been pushing the envelope for 6 months and they seem to have full backing of most of the media. The more they push the more they seem to want to push. I am not sure what their ultimate agenda is, but it is not for the betterment of this country. If you look at some of the stuff that has gone on in the last 6 months, it was unfathomable 7 months ago in this country. jmo. This is how quickly things have changed. When things deteriorate that quickly, it is very dangerous. At first my reaction is "this shit is getting crazy", now it has simply become "another day in America". This is a very slippery slope we are on right now and my opinion right or wrong is that a Biden presidency will lead us right down that slippery slope. Where that leads is anybody's guess, but should he win, I highly doubt that in 3 years we will be posting about how much better America has become since Biden became President.

One last point, in a country of 330 million people, why couldn't the democratic party come up with better candidates than Hilary Clinton and Joe Biden in the last 2 elections.

PaceAdvantage
09-17-2020, 05:50 PM
Typical of a trump supporter, you will believe everything that is written somewhere without having a clue of the context. See my post above.This coming from the person who just wrote "most of Trump's businesses have gone bankrupt."

OK then.

mhaney0423
09-17-2020, 05:52 PM
This coming from the person who just wrote "most of Trump's businesses have gone bankrupt."

OK then.

Show me Im wrong

OK then

PaceAdvantage
09-17-2020, 06:04 PM
Show me Im wrong

OK thenAll but one of the six bankruptcies were hotels/resorts in Atlantic City. The other was the Plaza Hotel in NYC.

Depending on what you want to believe, he could have up to 500+ companies (every good conman does).

So, unless you believe those six filings represent MOST of his businesses (some of the filings were actually the same property MORE THAN ONCE but under another name - see Taj Mahal + Trump Castle + Trump Plaza which were all consolidated under Trump Hotels & Casinos Resorts, a publicly traded company that itself filed for bankruptcy), you're wrong.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2016/08/01/donald-trumps-bankruptcies/

mhaney0423
09-17-2020, 06:06 PM
This coming from the person who just wrote "most of Trump's businesses have gone bankrupt."

OK then.

I think/hope you are in the majority of Democrats with this viewpoint, but I also think we all may be in for a rude awakening if he becomes president(I would very much like to be wrong about this). I, like many, question how much he will be in charge if he becomes president. For one he may not even make it his first term. Two, the far left has been pushing the envelope for 6 months and they seem to have full backing of most of the media. The more they push the more they seem to want to push. I am not sure what their ultimate agenda is, but it is not for the betterment of this country. If you look at some of the stuff that has gone on in the last 6 months, it was unfathomable 7 months ago in this country. jmo. This is how quickly things have changed. When things deteriorate that quickly, it is very dangerous. At first my reaction is "this shit is getting crazy", now it has simply become "another day in America". This is a very slippery slope we are on right now and my opinion right or wrong is that a Biden presidency will lead us right down that slippery slope. Where that leads is anybody's guess, but should he win, I highly doubt that in 3 years we will be posting about how much better America has become since Biden became President.

One last point, in a country of 330 million people, why couldn't the democratic party come up with better candidates than Hilary Clinton and Joe Biden in the last 2 elections.

You are correct about Hillary and Biden, it is kind of sad. I did not vote for Hillary in 2016 because I dislike her as much or more than Trump, but I could not vote for Trump with what he had to say about women, immigrants, John McCain, handicapped folks, etc, etc,etc.

I would also ask the same question of you, couldn't the republican party come up with a better candidate than Trump? I actually was hoping John Kasich would win the GOP nomination in 2016, I would have voted for him.

In what ways has America become better since Trump took over. I know to his credit the military is stronger, I know he did not screw up the economy, but what has he really done other than those two things?

mostpost
09-17-2020, 08:13 PM
Seriously, how difficult would it have been to click on that button that said continue to Joe Biden.com? On the other hand, had you done that, you might have learned something. And Tom thinks Democrats are dumb.

thaskalos
09-17-2020, 08:30 PM
What has it gotten me?

I could retire given gains in the stock market. Free as a bird

I spend my spare time teaching chess to kids/ beginners. Could I have retired w/ my portfolio during the Obama biden years? LMAO, no way. That regime saw a very slow recovery, many professionals/ fmr co workers I knew lost their careers during the previous admin. Their chances to accumulate any kind of wealth...Gone. Many recovered under the trump era but the lost years of earnings from a decent salary were very harmful I'm sure

If you used the stock market as a vehicle for your retirement...you should have done just fine with Obama. During Obama's presidency, the Dow Jones index increased from 7,949 to 19,732...a gain of 11,783 points. During Trump's presidency, the same index has gone from 19,732 to 27,902...a gain of 8,170 points. The stock market investor almost tripled his money during the Obama years.

PaceAdvantage
09-17-2020, 08:41 PM
The stock market investor almost tripled his money during the Obama years.Which stock market investor? The rare bird who had already made a fortune in the markets for decades?

Because the average man merely made back what he lost in the 2008 financial crisis.

However, he extended those gains under Trump. So really...the money was MADE under Trump...it was only regained under Obama.

That is, assuming of course, the average man just didn't bail on the markets altogether during 2008-2009. And that's a big assumption...because a lot of people bailed.

thaskalos
09-17-2020, 08:47 PM
Which stock market investor? The rare bird who had already made a fortune in the markets for decades?

Because the average man merely made back what he lost in the 2008 financial crisis.

However, he extended those gains under Trump. So really...the money was MADE under Trump...it was only regained under Obama.

That is, assuming of course, the average man just didn't bail on the markets altogether during 2008-2009. And that's a big assumption...because a lot of people bailed.

Read Elkabong's post again...where he laughs at the stock gains made during Obama. Why would a stock portfolio fare better during Trump than during Obama? Yes...yes. I've seen you repeatedly claim that Obama's task was an easy one...because he inherited an economic meltdown. But if "regaining" the lost stock market money was such an easy matter...why couldn't that "good ole boy" G.W. Bush figure it out?

PaceAdvantage
09-17-2020, 08:58 PM
Read Elkabong's post again...where he laughs at the stock gains made during Obama. Why would a stock portfolio fare better during Trump than during Obama? Yes...yes. I've seen you repeatedly claim that Obama's task was an easy one...because he inherited an economic meltdown. But if "regaining" the lost stock market money was such an easy matter...why couldn't that "good ole boy" G.W. Bush figure it out?Because it happened only months before he left office?

thaskalos
09-17-2020, 09:12 PM
Because it happened only months before he left office?

Yes, I agree...if only we could have given G.W. Bush a little more time. He had all the answers...he just happened to run out of time. :ThmbUp:

Poor Obama. He got no credit at all here for the sustained stock market rally during his presidency...while Trump has been patting himself on the back endlessly for the market rally during his presidential tenure. And, while Obama was president...the federal deficit, and its "effect on our children", had been a continual grave concern here. But now...not a word is mentioned about this once-considered major calamity. It is now regarded as just a "minor inconvenience". :ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
09-17-2020, 09:49 PM
Yes, I agree...if only we could have given G.W. Bush a little more time. He had all the answers...he just happened to run out of time. :ThmbUp:

Poor Obama. He got no credit at all here for the sustained stock market rally during his presidency...while Trump has been patting himself on the back endlessly for the market rally during his presidential tenure. And, while Obama was president...the federal deficit, and its "effect on our children", had been a continual grave concern here. But now...not a word is mentioned about this once-considered major calamity. It is now regarded as just a "minor inconvenience". :ThmbUp:What can I tell you. We suck.

You win.

Now you can go on with your life.

Thank me very much.

ElKabong
09-17-2020, 10:07 PM
Seriously, how difficult would it have been to click on that button that said continue to Joe Biden.com? On the other hand, had you done that, you might have learned something. And Tom thinks Democrats are dumb.

Seriously, in all the months Hiden has been the nominee none of you guys have come out and pumped up Joey's accomplishments. Why is that?

Unless it's propping up his coke head son with business deals that depended on political ties, I haven't read anything here on the forum that Joe himself did

ElKabong
09-17-2020, 10:26 PM
If you used the stock market as a vehicle for your retirement...you should have done just fine with Obama. During Obama's presidency, the Dow Jones index increased from 7,949 to 19,732...a gain of 11,783 points. During Trump's presidency, the same index has gone from 19,732 to 27,902...a gain of 8,170 points. The stock market investor almost tripled his money during the Obama years.

This should have been easy for someone of average intelligence, but here goes...

Also, let me correct you. The DOW hit 29,551 last February. Your 27,902 figure is useless to me

Obama= 8 years, 11,782 gain = 1,472 per year gain
Trump= 3 years, 9,819 gain = 3,273 per year gain

I would go on about reinvesting capital, but I think it would be a waste of my time. The acceleration of the markets, and the opportunities available, were fkn outstanding the 2.5 years I ran hard (3/2107 to about 10/2019). It allowed me to kick back, coach chess (as I have posted) buy real estate this summer (as I have posted). The gains during the Obama admin were slow. Not bashing it, but in comparison to the past 3.5 years there's.... no comparison

jimmyb
09-17-2020, 10:42 PM

Lets check out what Demetia Joe's website doesn't tell us.

Biden has often said that he marched (https://theintercept.com/2020/02/14/ahead-south-carolina-vote-joe-biden-faces-questions-claims-civil-rights-activism-2/) in civil rights demonstrations, but aides would remind him that he did not personally participate. Earlier this year, he claimed that he was arrested in South Africa (https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/biden-campaign-walks-back-claim-he-was-arrested-trying-to-see-nelson-mandela-in-south-africa) in the 1970s while trying to see Nelson Mandela, but his campaign later clarified that he was just separated from them at the airport.

In the 1970s, Biden worked with segregationist senators to oppose federally mandated integration busing, calling it a matter of “black pride.” (https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/joe-biden-embraced-segregation-in-1975-claiming-it-was-a-matter-of-black-pride)

And he was friendly with segregationist senators (https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/deep-personal-relationships-joe-bidens-six-segregationist-friends) such as Jesse Helms, James O. Eastland, and Herman Talmadge. "All these men became my friends,” Biden said in his 2008 farewell address to the Senate. He called South Carolina Sen. Strom Thurmond one of his “closest friends.” (https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/biden-praised-segregationist-strom-thurmond-as-closest-friend-who-believed-in-heterogenous-diverse-society)

Biden’s history of racial blunders (https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/first-major-biden-gaffe-of-general-election-draws-reminders-of-his-other-racial-blunders), such as calling Obama "articulate and bright and clean,” telling a largely black audience that Republican 2012 presidential nominee Mitt Romney would “put you all back in chains," and saying that he can’t go into a 7-Eleven without hearing “a slight Indian accent," don’t help.

Last summer, ex-presidential hopeful New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker called Biden an “ architect of mass incarceration (https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/cory-booker-calls-joe-biden-an-architect-of-mass-incarceration)” after Biden released his criminal justice reform plan.

Most memorably, California Sen. Kamala Harris put Biden on blast (https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/kamala-harris-says-she-was-a-victim-of-bidens-racial-policies) during the first Democratic presidential primary debate for opposing federally mandated integration busing and working with segregationists in the 1970s. “It was hurtful to hear you talk about the reputations of two United States senators who built their reputations and career on the segregation of race in this country," said Harris.

Biden often grows visibly agitated when challenged on his civil rights record.

In a May radio interview days before Floyd’s death that ended with Biden suggesting that black people having trouble deciding whether to vote for him or Trump “ ain’t black (https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/biden-if-you-have-a-problem-figuring-out-whether-youre-for-me-or-trump-then-you-aint-black),” the candidate grew visibly agitated (https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/other-things-increased-mass-incarceration-biden-defends-1994-crime-bill-in-testy-interview) when host Charlamagne tha God questioned Biden on the 1994 crime bill.

Biden now claims to be a leader in the quest to end racism. But the question for Biden is whether he can lead that movement amid questions about his record and his reluctance to atone for it or whether voters driven to action by Floyd’s death and the resulting protests loathe Trump enough that the messy portions of Biden’s background will not discourage them from voting for him.

ElKabong
09-17-2020, 10:54 PM
Lets check out what Demetia Joe's website doesn't tell us.

Biden has often said that he marched (https://theintercept.com/2020/02/14/ahead-south-carolina-vote-joe-biden-faces-questions-claims-civil-rights-activism-2/) in civil rights demonstrations, but aides would remind him that he did not personally participate. Earlier this year, he claimed that he was arrested in South Africa (https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/biden-campaign-walks-back-claim-he-was-arrested-trying-to-see-nelson-mandela-in-south-africa) in the 1970s while trying to see Nelson Mandela, but his campaign later clarified that he was just separated from them at the airport.

In the 1970s, Biden worked with segregationist senators to oppose federally mandated integration busing, calling it a matter of “black pride.” (https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/joe-biden-embraced-segregation-in-1975-claiming-it-was-a-matter-of-black-pride)

And he was friendly with segregationist senators (https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/deep-personal-relationships-joe-bidens-six-segregationist-friends) such as Jesse Helms, James O. Eastland, and Herman Talmadge. "All these men became my friends,” Biden said in his 2008 farewell address to the Senate. He called South Carolina Sen. Strom Thurmond one of his “closest friends.” (https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/biden-praised-segregationist-strom-thurmond-as-closest-friend-who-believed-in-heterogenous-diverse-society)

Biden’s history of racial blunders (https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/first-major-biden-gaffe-of-general-election-draws-reminders-of-his-other-racial-blunders), such as calling Obama "articulate and bright and clean,” telling a largely black audience that Republican 2012 presidential nominee Mitt Romney would “put you all back in chains," and saying that he can’t go into a 7-Eleven without hearing “a slight Indian accent," don’t help.

Last summer, ex-presidential hopeful New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker called Biden an “ architect of mass incarceration (https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/cory-booker-calls-joe-biden-an-architect-of-mass-incarceration)” after Biden released his criminal justice reform plan.

Most memorably, California Sen. Kamala Harris put Biden on blast (https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/kamala-harris-says-she-was-a-victim-of-bidens-racial-policies) during the first Democratic presidential primary debate for opposing federally mandated integration busing and working with segregationists in the 1970s. “It was hurtful to hear you talk about the reputations of two United States senators who built their reputations and career on the segregation of race in this country," said Harris.

Biden often grows visibly agitated when challenged on his civil rights record.

In a May radio interview days before Floyd’s death that ended with Biden suggesting that black people having trouble deciding whether to vote for him or Trump “ ain’t black (https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/biden-if-you-have-a-problem-figuring-out-whether-youre-for-me-or-trump-then-you-aint-black),” the candidate grew visibly agitated (https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/other-things-increased-mass-incarceration-biden-defends-1994-crime-bill-in-testy-interview) when host Charlamagne tha God questioned Biden on the 1994 crime bill.

Biden now claims to be a leader in the quest to end racism. But the question for Biden is whether he can lead that movement amid questions about his record and his reluctance to atone for it or whether voters driven to action by Floyd’s death and the resulting protests loathe Trump enough that the messy portions of Biden’s background will not discourage them from voting for him.

With a track record like that, what fine upstanding Democrat wouldn't be onboard? :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

ElKabong
09-18-2020, 12:27 AM

OK I clicked. Not impressed

JerryBoyle
09-18-2020, 07:40 AM
This should have been easy for someone of average intelligence, but here goes...

Also, let me correct you. The DOW hit 29,551 last February. Your 27,902 figure is useless to me

I would go on about reinvesting capital, but I think it would be a waste of my time. The acceleration of the markets, and the opportunities available, were fkn outstanding the 2.5 years I ran hard (3/2107 to about 10/2019). It allowed me to kick back, coach chess (as I have posted) buy real estate this summer (as I have posted). The gains during the Obama admin were slow. Not bashing it, but in comparison to the past 3.5 years there's.... no comparison

Dang, this is bad. First cherry picking the peak in the DJIA (not a great indicator of market performance) during Trump's term, then comparing raw gain while talking about "reinvesting" capital. I don't have a dog in this fight, the stock market has done well under both Presidents. However, this analysis is brutal for making whatever point you're trying to make...

ElKabong
09-18-2020, 10:44 AM
Dang, this is bad. First cherry picking the peak in the DJIA (not a great indicator of market performance) during Trump's term, then comparing raw gain while talking about "reinvesting" capital. I don't have a dog in this fight, the stock market has done well under both Presidents. However, this analysis is brutal for making whatever point you're trying to make...

No cherry picking, just followed the facts at the time. Also I sold a lot of stocks early and missed out on tops.

When it was clear trump was serious about bringing mfg jobs back, having quite a bit of experience in the field, the time was right to go in big with companies that would be in demand on the uptick. That wasn't that difficult to read, I wish I could have profited like this decades ago. I just didn't have the experience , plus the past 3 years have been "an epic buying opportunity " as ken moraif said back then

WW Grainger is about the only stock I didn't sell out totally by December, I still own some. The only non mfg (pure mfg) stock I went big on was Texas Instruments. I
cut my teeth there and knew they were in for a good run.

Important note on this, my wife was the one that told me 'trump is the only politician that says what he really means'. So it's not like you needed some crystal ball. The tax cuts helped grow the economy, businesses had confidence they hadn't had during the Obama administration. Finding the stocks that would benefit the most wasn't terribly difficult. Suppliers for mfg growth were going to take off.

thaskalos
09-18-2020, 09:25 PM

Keep making things up if it makes you feel better, friend...it's no skin off MY nose. I learned all that I needed to know about you a few years ago, when you bragged about being a former "professional horseplayer". I challenged you to a handicapping contest on this board, to prove what a liar you were...and you responded by telling me that I would have to visit you in Dallas Texas if I wanted to compare horse picks with you, because you are some sort of "physicality" expert...who can't release his handicapping selections unless he first inspects the horses in the paddock. :lol:

But don't feel bad...you aren't the only bullshitter here. Boxcar also claimed to be a "handicapping expert", and I challenged HIM to a handicapping contest too. His response to me was that he was in the midst of updating his handicapping software with the help of his computer programming buddy. He told me to save my money, because he would take me on in a handicapping contest for serious money in "a week or two". But it's been over 6 months...and Boxcar, the "expert handicapper", is obviously too busy with his church functions. :rolleyes:

But I must give you credit for now bragging about things that no-one can challenge you on. After all...there is no shortage of "financially free as a bird" guys on the internet. :ThmbUp:

ElKabong
09-18-2020, 09:54 PM
Keep making things up if it makes you feel better, friend...it's no skin off MY nose. I learned all that I needed to know about you a few years ago, when you bragged about being a former "professional horseplayer". I challenged you to a handicapping contest on this board, to prove what a liar you were...and you responded by telling me that I would have to visit you in Dallas Texas if I wanted to compare horse picks with you, because you are some sort of "physicality" expert...who can't release his handicapping selections unless he first inspects the horses in the paddock. :lol:

Yeah, you backed away from that challenge. Imagine that

Posters here named Boris and ranchwest (as well as GR1) met me when I was playing professionally. They could attest to me being full time, and 80% plus of my bets were made by paddock inspection. Do a search on the poster Boris, back in 2003 or 2004 when I met him @ Sam Houston when I traveled there. I'll let his posts speak for me.

Here's another truth. I haven't bet a horse in over a year and a half, so I couldn't beat anybody in a handicapping contest right now. You should have taken me up on it. For 2.5 years I've been busy with the chess business, selling off the consulting business, hawking stocks, and lately, buying real estate behind the pine curtain (which we cut short- the market there is too hot now).

Hang in there, hoss. You'll be relevant someday :ThmbUp:

Redboard
09-19-2020, 08:04 AM
I’m going to vote for Trump(4th option), although I don’t think he has a chance. He’s said/tweeted too many stupid, insulting things. My wife(who voted for Hilary in 2016) will not vote for him but I convinced her not to vote for Biden. She will vote straight Republican but for president she will vote for Joanne Marie Jorgensen, the Presidential nominee of the Libertarian Party.

I wonder how many will do likewise? I believe that Bill Clinton got re-elected in 1996, he had an all-republican congress.

tucker6
09-22-2020, 01:48 PM
I’m going to vote for Trump(4th option), although I don’t think he has a chance. He’s said/tweeted too many stupid, insulting things. My wife(who voted for Hilary in 2016) will not vote for him but I convinced her not to vote for Biden. She will vote straight Republican but for president she will vote for Joanne Marie Jorgensen, the Presidential nominee of the Libertarian Party.

I wonder how many will do likewise? I believe that Bill Clinton got re-elected in 1996, he had an all-republican congress.

I'd rather have a vain, loud mouth like Trump who gets things done than a smooth talking weasel who only does what is required to maintain power. I pay no attention to Trump's vanity monologues. They aren't important in the end next to policy and enacted legislation and judgeships.