PDA

View Full Version : A Trump-Appointed Judge With Common Sense

boxcar
09-15-2020, 07:44 AM
Judge Rules Pennsylvania Governor’s Shutdown Orders Unconstitutional

A federal judge has struck down Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf’s CCP virus restrictions that required people to stay at home, put limits on gatherings, and ordered “non-life-sustaining” businesses to stay shut down.

U.S. District Judge William Stickman IV on Sept. 14 sided with plaintiffs that included drive-in movie theaters, hair salons, farmers markets, and several GOP officials who sued as individuals. Butler, Greene, Fayette, and Washington counties were also listed as plaintiffs.

Stickman’s judgment stipulates that “the congregate gathering limits imposed by defendants’ mitigation orders violate the right of assembly enshrined in the First Amendment,” the “stay-at-home and business closure components of defendants’ orders violate the due process clause of the Fourteenth Amendment,” and “the business closure components of Defendants’ orders violate the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment.”

https://www.theepochtimes.com/judge-rules-pennsylvania-governors-shutdown-orders-unconstitutional_3499183.html?ref=brief_News&utm_source=morningbriefnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mb

davew
09-15-2020, 08:56 AM
I sure hope this gets repeated in other states

PaceAdvantage
09-15-2020, 09:31 AM
I thought dilanesp said this would be an impossibility....Governors, he once said, had absolute power to do such things under the Constitution...or something like that...and that lawsuits of this kind were destined for failure.

hmmmmm

boxcar
09-15-2020, 11:31 AM
I thought dilanesp said this would be an impossibility....Governors, he once said, had absolute power to do such things under the Constitution...or something like that...and that lawsuits of this kind were destined for failure.

hmmmmm

Fascists would say that.

JustRalph
09-15-2020, 11:53 AM

hmmmmm

This will end up at the Supremes

After they rule.......hopefully soon. If not I’m going to have to file within the 2 yr window