PDA

View Full Version : In search of the QUE master

Bruddah
03-21-2002, 11:54 AM
Has anyone heard from Que lately? He used to make some of the most interesting posts and he was certainly one of the most knowledgable members of this board. Not to mention he always posted as a gentleman. Occasionally, he would give us a glimpse of his ratings for 3 year olds on the Derby trail. I hope he is well and is just busy working on his data base.

QUE where are you? lol

cj
03-21-2002, 12:13 PM
Bruddah,

How do you manage to bet horses in MS. Just curious, please don't incriminate yourself!

CJ

PaceAdvantage
03-21-2002, 12:57 PM
I was told Que moved recently....perhaps he is still settling into his new digs....

==PA

Bruddah
03-21-2002, 03:57 PM
I lived in another state and had 3 different betting accounts. I still own a home in a "legal" betting area. I guess I have been lucky, so far. I also travel to simulcasts, when I have the opportunity. I like the smell of stale cigarette smoke, flat beer, the banter of other cappers, tossed losing tickets and scattered DRF pages on the floor. lol! (I quit smoking 20 years ago lol! ) The answer summed up is, where there is a will, there is a way. lol!

hdcper
03-22-2002, 12:22 AM
I believe Que is overseas on business based on what he told me during a chat one evening.

However, I maybe wrong. And like others, I miss his input on the 3yo races leading up to the Derby and other things he has shared with us.

We miss you Que,

hdcper

Que
03-23-2002, 10:26 AM
I'm still alive and kicking, I'm just extremely busy of late. I have only 20 weeks to learn how to speak and read Thai, so I don't have much time to handicap or do anything else. Later this summer, I'm off to live in the "City of Angels"--the one significantly west of LA. Luckily, Bangkok does have high-speed internet access (DSL) and two horserace tracks that run on alternate weekends. Anyway, thanks for the thoughts and the kind words.

sawatdii khrap, Que.

melman
03-23-2002, 02:42 PM
Que, thanks for you know exactly what. Looks like you are becoming quite the globetrotter. Did you manage to find a "bargain" apt for under $2,100 a month in Arlington?? By fou young to ya Que lol

so.cal.fan
03-23-2002, 03:43 PM
Que:
Please share your insights on those tracks over there. We would be interested in reading about them.
Have a safe and profitable trip.

:)

Whitehos
03-23-2002, 06:34 PM
Que,
Please don't drink the water.
I was there for a week with over 90 degree Temp. and did not take a bath in fear of the water.
Stay well,
Whitehos

Dick Schmidt
03-23-2002, 07:54 PM
A friend of mine was in Thailand and India on a movie location shoot. The others laughed at him when he showered with a band-aid over his mouth, but he was the only one on the whole crew that did not get sick. Of course, if you're going to be living there for a while, another friend who worked for the state dept. for 40 years tells me that the best thing is start drinking the water right away and get it over with. You'll soon build an immunity like the locals. This advice does NOT hold true for fresh fruit and vegetables, as you never get used to amoebic dysentery.

Really makes you want to pack the old suitcase, doesn't it?

Good luck,

Dick

Tom
03-23-2002, 10:05 PM
You could stop in at Finger Lakes and eat at the food stand....if yousurvive, you will have no problems anywhere inthe world!

:rolleyes: Tom :rolleyes: